Gabin 'into My Soul'

• Replies 12
  • Views 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi got mine from crazy beat you could try them.
sadly (for me) they sold out quite a while ago sad.gif

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE RILEY SMITH HALL, TADCASTER. YORKSHIRE. LS24 9JB. SAT 28th MARCH .7.30 pm til' 01.00.

Late bars & caf. Large (free) car park opposite. Recently restored 1920s Art Deco ballroom with balcony .

Fantastic wooden dance floor (reputedly the largest sprung dance floor in England) 2ND room for rarer & underplayed soul.

DJ's PAT BRADY, NEIL RUSHTON, COLIN WOOD, STEVE WOOMBLE, MARTIN BYRD, JOHN PARKER, TONY HATFIELD, ANDY BELLWOOD, DAVE JAMES (Original Whafedale Soul Club DJ).Tickets:£4 adv/ £5 door.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/index.html

Info Dale Byers Tel 07709276357, Tony Hatfield Tel 07742054847. Future 09 dates: Frid 22 May, Frid 23 Oct, Sat 19 Dec (Xmas party)

Social source share

think this one came out on a Virgin 12" ?

looking for a decent copy - pm me please

many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

The label is family affair released by EMI, they were distributed by a guy in france, crazybeat had most of the UK stock in 2005 it was a limited press, I had 5 copies but sadly they were all snapped up for a tenner.

ive had it on a daily search as a whole cart load of people are after it however ive only turned up one in 9 months...try www.musicstack.com thats where i got my last one

glad you like it Ive been pushing this for 4 years and its finally getting noticed

Geeoooooordie

PS you could always try Gabins album Mr Freedom as the soulful/jazz version is on there and there some very very nice tunes on it too

R-150-904759-1171283455.jpeg

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Hi Andy,

The label is family affair released by EMI, they were distributed by a guy in france, crazybeat had most of the UK stock in 2005 it was a limited press, I had 5 copies but sadly they were all snapped up for a tenner.

ive had it on a daily search as a whole cart load of people are after it however ive only turned up one in 9 months...try www.musicstack.com thats where i got my last one

glad you like it Ive been pushing this for 4 years and its finally getting noticed

Geeoooooordie

PS you could always try Gabins album Mr Freedom as the soulful/jazz version is on there and there some very very nice tunes on it too

many thanks for the info - i'll keep pluggin' away :thumbup: . Its a re activated 'want' from me -unsuccessful despite an extensive search a couple of years ago, so fingers crossed this time . Perhaps Mick W got a spare tucked away ? laugh.gif

Social source share

Hi Andy,

Geeoooooordie

hi ian played this at the soul celler few years back . our steve and jan nearly kicked me out. now he is playing it ha ha.

Social source share

hi ian played this at the soul celler few years back . our steve and jan nearly kicked me out. now he is playing it ha ha.

Lawrence, I played it in January at his venue and steve openly announced on the mike after i played it that he didnt think much of it :thumbup:

never mind

ANDY..when this was released feb 2005, we (mark w and I) tried to push it like hell we put a thread on this site with a sound bite and got trounced and ridiculed...mediocre rubbish i think one person wrote..but we kept plugging away and ive played it in all but one of my spots since early 2005

i played it at york in 2005 as did mark W and IT got a real mixed reception mostly bad and again in jan 2007 and hey presto the ears had been opened up, it got a great response...I'll keep looking, i have a mate in northern france who digs up alsorts of goodies i got the last ones for dave n bri pinch and jonah from him so i'll give him a ring

geeoooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Lawrence, I played it in January at his venue and steve openly announced on the mike after i played it that he didnt think much of it :yes:

never mind

ANDY..when this was released feb 2005, we (mark w and I) tried to push it like hell we put a thread on this site with a sound bite and got trounced and ridiculed...mediocre rubbish i think one person wrote..but we kept plugging away and ive played it in all but one of my spots since early 2005

i played it at york in 2005 as did mark W and IT got a real mixed reception mostly bad and again in jan 2007 and hey presto the ears had been opened up, it got a great response...I'll keep looking, i have a mate in northern france who digs up alsorts of goodies i got the last ones for dave n bri pinch and jonah from him so i'll give him a ring

geeoooordie

whatastar ...thanks for all your help - will pm ya 2moro about another tune tip .... :thumbup:

'best

Andy

A TASTE OF HONEY@ Wardolf hotel, Gore St, Manchester. FRIDAY MARCH 20TH .

MARIA WILLINGHAM .KARL HEARD . JOHNNY VEGAS . STE BRAZIL . DAWN CARMAN . KARL RHODES . WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM

Social source share

whatastar ...thanks for all your help - will pm ya 2moro about another tune tip .... :lol:

'best

Andy

A TASTE OF HONEY@ Wardolf hotel, Gore St, Manchester. FRIDAY MARCH 20TH .

MARIA WILLINGHAM .KARL HEARD . JOHNNY VEGAS . STE BRAZIL . DAWN CARMAN . KARL RHODES . WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM

Andy,you still after a copy of Dee Dee Bridgewater and Gabin? 12"? - "Into my soul"?

Pm me mate,i'll help you out even if the others won't !!! :lol: .

btw..i was in the Algarve last year,guess who was on at the Jazz Festival... :thumbsup: .

Bet its gone up in value now :lol: .

Social source share

Source Advert