Eunice Collins "at The Hotel" - Mod-art

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

What's the current value for this stunner ?

And is it an urban myth that all copies were pressed with a hiss ?

Thnaks in advance.

Bergman

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Are you buying or selling Richard? I think Mal's £250 is about right for it though. Used to own this but sold it as I was having a reaction against records which have that 'small town' sound. I now realise that much of the track's charm was probably based around its DIY feel.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Are you buying or selling Richard? I think Mal's £250 is about right for it though. Used to own this but sold it as I was having a reaction against records which have that 'small town' sound. I now realise that much of the track's charm was probably based around its DIY feel.

Hi Gareth, I'm on the look out for one. It's a record I have recently redisocvered. The lo-fi feel to the record is certainly part of the appeal for me.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

I don't think 'hiss' is the right word. I just think its a shit recording and a shit pressing. Not a club record by any stretch anyways, so this shouldn't matter too much.

Social source share

It's been played at some of the more discerning clubs. Steve

which clubs? I'd love to hear this out along with other records that I'm into but would never expect to hear a a venue..

Stuff like Paul Walters 521, Eunice Collins, Rhythm Machine Rodan, Turks DJO, Jay Griffin NOW, etc etc etc..

I would out of preference always attend the 100 club but on the few occasions I've gone anywhere else in the last 5 years I've simply accepted that I wont hear records I'd like to hear out, thats not saying I dont like oldies and all that, I do, but you know what I mean...

Mal :)

Social source share

Guest lotusland

It's been played at some of the more discerning clubs. Steve

Don't get me wrong, love the 45, but for this to go over in the states at a club i think you'd have to be passing out wonder-joints early doors.

Social source share

which clubs? I'd love to hear this out along with other records that I'm into but would never expect to hear a a venue..

Stuff like Paul Walters 521, Eunice Collins, Rhythm Machine Rodan, Turks DJO, Jay Griffin NOW, etc etc etc..

I would out of preference always attend the 100 club but on the few occasions I've gone anywhere else in the last 5 years I've simply accepted that I wont hear records I'd like to hear out, thats not saying I dont like oldies and all that, I do, but you know what I mean...

Mal :unsure:

Hi Mal

I've heard most of the above at clubs on at least one occasion, maybe with the exception of Paul Walters, which is owned by at least a couple of the UK djing fraternity. The Turks was pretty popular at Stafford ("The Bad Bought The Good" side anyway).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert