In The Groove

Guest gfarrington

Guest gfarrington

apologies if tere is already a thread on last night, just like to say what a good night it was & thanks to pat for dropping me off & saving me a 25min walk :thumbsup:

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

apologies if tere is already a thread on last night, just like to say what a good night it was & thanks to pat for dropping me off & saving me a 25min walk :D

You could have shared our cab. £30 to Liverpool city centre but money well spent. An excellent evening with some lovely unknown sounds slipped in by the Burnley Boys.

And I'd recommend Woodwards Bar by Birkdale station for pre-event drinkies.

a big thank you to all the folks that came over to st teresas Southport last night yes.gif

also not forgeting the cracking music played by........... pat bleasdale phill kowalski fred krol and the legend ian cunliffe , i think a good night was had by all . thanks for making it happen :( wigan paul&our denise

Edited by steptoe

enjoyd last night very much music up there with the best pat as good as ever :( , well done fred and phil thumbsup.gif , Ian top man some very nice tunes :P

best laugh of the night , had me and joan in stitches , was when phil took over from Ian and he had the mic and headphones tied in a big knot, was trying to q, and dance all at the same time :lol::D:boxing::unsure: , great stuff!

enjoyd last night very much music up there with the best

best laugh of the night , had me and joan in stitches , was when phil took over from Ian and he had the mic and headphones tied in a big knot, was trying to q, and dance all at the same time laugh.gif:P:lol::D , great stuff!

================================================================================

=====

Brilliant nite myself and Jane had a really good time..he he the twirly cables trick never fails :boxing:

All the DJ,s played some really great rare Northern Soul its defo a venue i will make a big effort to attend

in future great music great soulies really good atmosphere quite a few people like myself paying their first visit

to this nite and i,m sure like me they all enjoyed the nite, Fred K played out some of my alltime fav tunes

top man its always a pleasure to DJ with Phil K such a nice guy the Burnley Crew sure know how to tickle yer tastebuds when it comes to great music Thanks Paul for a top nite Great spot Pat got the nite of to a bang !!!

Should be good un in June its my birthday and Flanny & Ste Plumb two of my fav DJ,s are on that nite

so its gonna be party time in Southport :(

xxx Ian Cunliffe

Just like to say what a great night at St Teresas, the best one yet in our humble opinion! All the DJs spun some immense stuff, it was a pleasure to be present! :(

Missed Pauls first spot unfortunately but Pat played a blinder, a great mix of styles and tempos.

Fred Krol kicked off with a number of modern tunes which was a nice suprise and was followed by Ian, again a crackin' spot but it is what we expect off Mr Cunliffe!

Finishing the night off was Phil-------Burnley comes to Southport, exceptional!

Looking forward to the next one, this is the way to go Paul and we wish you every success for the future! thumbup.gif

Our first visit to this venue and I have to say it was great.

St. Teresa's is a lovely little club, just the right size for a soul nite. It was a hot one for sure :( but they have the best ceiling fans ever!

The music from the off was brilliant. All the DJ's played great spots.

But as Kev has already said, Phil was absolutely hilarious :P

Quote of the night also goes to Phil. At the end of Jimmy James he says over the mic "...and relax" :lol::D

Well done Paul and Denise, we will definitely be back thumbup.gif

Again thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement, especially Ian who may be spending his birthday on the 26th june with us at St Teresas. .We wont ask how old Ian :rolleyes: but you got to be knocking on a bit to be a legend, we will push the boat out true Wigan style and even run to some Hollands meat pies and a big jelly 'hows that then eh!

Edited by steptoe

Again thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement, especially Ian who may be spending his birthday on the 26th june with us at St Teresas. .We wont ask how old Ian :lol: but you got to be knocking on a bit to be a legend, we will push the boat out true Wigan style and even run to some Hollands meat pies and a big jelly 'hows that then eh!

Whatever you do Paul don't have a cake with candles on-------------sprinkler system and all that business, you know the score............... :rolleyes::lol:

Any playlists from Friday night, by the way?? smile.gif

Thanks to Paul for asking us over on Friday to play a few tunes. Nice little club, just right for a soul night. Four of us came over, myself, Fred, Nadine and Brian the hat. I knew Ian C was gonna be there, and Joan and Tony [always a pleasure to be in their company] but had a very pleasant surprise when Kev and Wendy walked in..... :lol: thanks for traveling down guys, much appreciated. We had a reet good laugh, and enjoyed talking to some of the regulars, very friendly bunch indeed.

I refuse to ever go on after Ian C again.....he set me up like a kipper.....I picked the headphones up to cue in my first record....the bloody mic shot into the air....the two items wires had been very cleverly knitted together.....I said to him, Ian untangle them will you?....he grabbed the mic in one hand, the headphones in the other, and pulled hard..... :lol: .....WHAT A T**T....then he gave them back to me and walked off, leaving me with the biggest tangle you have ever seen.

Anyway, glad I was able to provide some entertainment for Kev and Joan ph34r.gif I could hear them laughing at me above the sound system, but I refused to acknowledge them, and pretended I didn't hear them.... :rolleyes: I'm a saint me....

Anyway I would recommend the night if you haven't been before. It's a bit of a trek for us like, but hope to get over again soon. Good luck to Paul, he's a real genuine guy and he puts a lot of work in.

Phil.

a big thank you to all the folks that came over to st teresas Southport last night :lol:

also not forgeting the cracking music played by........... pat bleasdale phill kowalski fred krol and the legend ian cunliffe , i think a good night was had by all . thanks for making it happen :rolleyes: wigan paul&our denise

Me and the Flanmeister had a 'lads night out' on Friday and decided to give St T's a visit...glad we did, good crowd in there with some of mi ol' sint ellins mates in there, and some great tunes played. Ian, Fred and Phil deffo comin up with the goods and Pat Bleasdale playin a blinder at the start of the night!

Deffo be back next month with fellow Orwellians Flanders and Plumb on the wheels of steel and Mr C. buyin the drinks biggrin.gif

Baz M

Thanks to Paul for asking us over on Friday to play a few tunes. Nice little club, just right for a soul night. Four of us came over, myself, Fred, Nadine and Brian the hat. I knew Ian C was gonna be there, and Joan and Tony [always a pleasure to be in their company] but had a very pleasant surprise when Kev and Wendy walked in..... thumbup.gif thanks for traveling down guys, much appreciated. We had a reet good laugh, and enjoyed talking to some of the regulars, very friendly bunch indeed.

I refuse to ever go on after Ian C again.....he set me up like a kipper.....I picked the headphones up to cue in my first record....the bloody mic shot into the air....the two items wires had been very cleverly knitted together.....I said to him, Ian untangle them will you?....he grabbed the mic in one hand, the headphones in the other, and pulled hard..... :ohmy: .....WHAT A T**T....then he gave them back to me and walked off, leaving me with the biggest tangle you have ever seen.

Anyway, glad I was able to provide some entertainment for Kev and Joan :lol: I could hear them laughing at me above the sound system, but I refused to acknowledge them, and pretended I didn't hear them.... :lol: I'm a saint me....

Anyway I would recommend the night if you haven't been before. It's a bit of a trek for us like, but hope to get over again soon. Good luck to Paul, he's a real genuine guy and he puts a lot of work in.

Phil.

:lol::wicked::shades:

The same thing happened to me when I followed Ian at USOS, only I was unable to untangle the mess he had left me :rolleyes:

Phil thought the mike was a phillips shaver no wonder it was tangled up with the yedphones he was tryin to

give himself a shave :thumbup::wicked:

Has for you young lady i tried to hide the Yedphones at USOS because the last time you had some on i was frightened to death

i thought the Preston Cybermen / Women had arrived back to take over the scene :shhh:

Had a good night over at St Teresas on Friday night.

Some tunes I'd not heard for a good while and a lot of good stuff played by all the jocks. Don't normally dance in my jeans, but when you gotta get up, you gotta get up :lol:

Thanks to Andy, Nige A and Tony & Lisa for their company. Made a good night even better. :lol:

See ya at the next one.

THIS IS WHAT I PLAYED IN CORRECT ORDER I THINK :lol:

=========================================

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

JUDY CLAY--DO YOU THINK THATS RIGHT--EMBER

LITTLE DOOLEY--YOU TWINE SO FINE--BAYLOR

BILLY KENNEDY--SWEET THINGS--THELMA

GAMBRELLS--YOU BETTER MOVE--CARLA

MASQUERADERS--HOW--LA BEAT

MATT LUCAS--BABY YOU BETTER GO GO--KAREN

JOCK MITCHELL--NOT A CHANCE IN A MILLION--IMPACT

PARLIAMENTS--HEART TROUBLE--GOLDEN WORLD

MIKKI FARROW--SET MY HEART AT EASE--KARATE

SWEETS--SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY--SOULTOWN

STUNNERS--NOBODY BUT ME--RENFRO

SERVICEMEN--CONNIE--CHARTMAKER

PARIS--SLEEPLESS NIGHTS--DOC

JIMMY WALLACE--ILL BE BACK--ALPHA

FRANKIE BEVERLY & THE BUTLERS--BECAUSE OF MY HEART--FAIRMOUNT

INSPIRATIONS--YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND--MIDAS

JACKIE DAY--NAUGHTY BOY--PHELECTRON

HONEY & THE BEES--DYNAMITE EXPLODED--ARCTIC

FRANK FOSTER--HARLEM RUMBLE--TRI-ODE

JOSEPH MOORE--I STILL CANT GET YOU--MARVLUS

MONIQUE--IF YOU LOVE ME ( SHOW ME )--MAURCI

CARESSORS--I CANT STAY AWAY--RU-JAC

ROMONA COLLINS--YOU,VE BEEN CHEATING--CLARKS

JAMES BELL & THE HIGHLIGHTERS--AMAZING LOVE--ROJAM

--------------------------------------------------------------

X Ian Cunliffe....ps i was going to play a request for Phil K ...LaVern Baker--Wrapped tied & tangled but i left the bloody 45 at home :lol:

Edited by IANCSLOFT

Guest gfarrington

You could have shared our cab. £30 to Liverpool city centre but money well spent. An excellent evening with some lovely unknown sounds slipped in by the Burnley Boys.

And I'd recommend Woodwards Bar by Birkdale station for pre-event drinkies.

depends if you want a brawl , have you seen the local papers

Source Advert