• Replies 19
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You lucky people  whistling.gif

link

Thanks for that Pete. I didn't realise it was in the "public domain". The funny thing is that I actually cleaned that track up for the "acetate Twins" I'm surprised they let it out! Prefer the Irma and the Larks outing myself.

Social source share

As far as I know Greg doesn't even own it....an acetate only owned by Butch isn't it?

link

Obviously not.

I refer you to Greg's actual email Chalky

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09 June 2005 16:23

To: 'pete smith'

Subject: RE: barons of soul

pete

when you get a spare mo could you post up the Barons Of Soul on Soul-source.

I have a few people asking for it on cd but i ain't got a cd burner. They can download it from SS themselves. If you ain't got time then no worries, this is the slower take (i have 3 takes) that butch paid huge money for.

greg

Social source share

Obviously not.

I refer you to Greg's actual email Chalky

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09 June 2005 16:23

To: 'pete smith'

Subject: RE: barons of soul

pete

when you get a spare mo could you post up the Barons Of Soul on Soul-source.

I have a few people asking for it on cd but i ain't got a cd burner. They can download it from SS themselves. If you ain't got time then no worries, this is the slower take (i have 3 takes) that butch paid huge money for.

greg

link

this is the slower take (i have 3 takes) that butch paid huge money for.

Like I said owned by Butch. I've all the takes, there was a cd doing the rounds from Dave Brown (I think) with them on. Still doesn't give Greg the right to say they can be posted when someone else paid a large amount for it (IMHO).

Social source share

Greg sez...The various cuts came from a dealer in philly a few years back.

i have 3 different takes, butch might own the acetate and good luck to him but nobody needs his permission. It has been played out by loads of dj's inc Guy Hennigan and others

Social source share

Greg sez...The various cuts came from a dealer in philly a few years back.

i have 3 different takes, butch might own the acetate and good luck to him but nobody needs his permission. It has been played out by loads of dj's inc Guy Hennigan and others

link

I know where Greg got it from...someone did a cut for him on the way to the Dome if I remember rightly. Anyway they came from the same person I got mine from.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I know where Greg got it from...someone did a cut for him on the way to the Dome if I remember rightly.  Anyway they came from the same person I got mine from.

link

Greg got it with a load of other unissued stuff off the label owner if I remember correctly. He may have got Flynn to cut it for him at the place we all used to use in south London before Pete came up with the place that cuts them on vinyl.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Has anyone tried to do a legit release of this??? Sounds like it deserves it.

link

I suppose the CDs that were done for a few people were the nearest thing to a legitimate release, as they were done by the owner of the recordings. They got copied by some people so second issues are in circulation, not sure how to tell the difference smile.gif I suppose its a bit tough on Butch that he got sold the acetate at a high price when the tracks were also being made available to other people. There were 12 unissued tracks on the CD. Not got a full listing.

Social source share

I have it on a radio show, played by Eddie Engel. Possibly only one original vintage acetate but that has not stopped at least a few other DJ's from playing it out over the last couple of years.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert