Soul Bars In Tenerife

• Replies 14
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know of that one and have visited it before.

Cheers

Contact Eddy Edmondson, he's on here (not that much), or get his email from his webiste www.soulinthesun.com

He'll know of some.

I think Stef (the guy who used to own Stadium bar, where SIS started) owns a bar in the Americas, and plays soul. could be wrong though.

Social source share

Hello All,

I know that Manhattans is now closed, but are ther any other soul bars in Tenerife??????

Cheers

Hey you....your supposed to go on holiday to get away from it all:yes:shades

Know of a few lap dancing clubs i could point you to Davey:wicked:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I know that Manhattans is now closed, but are ther any other soul bars in Tenerife??????

Cheers

The Old Lodge does one a month, but Check This Out !!!

I've no idea how genuine this is, but 200 coming? All Nighters?

Who is Poppledom? Anyone know anything?

I'll be there for first week & a half so will report back.

Social source share

Here's the money quote to save clicking the link:

"Don´t forget the November Northern Soul event (if your in Tenerife) Itis running every night from the 1st to the 20th, we have just over 200confirmed clients attending, a couple of allnighters confirmed, 2confirmed guest soul shows, and lots of guest DJ´s. hope to see yousoon."

Social source share

There was the Soul Cafe , the last time I was there, in Las Americas - one block back from the beach, more-or-less on the 'border' of Americas & Christianos. It was located along a 'parade' of bars, and adjacent to where the 'hot air balloon' used to be anchored. If you found the aprtment complex 'Compostella Beach' and walked up the road one block it is easy enough to pinpoint.

Hope that might be of some use.. thumbup.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

You can try trackdown my mate Phil Gibson from the American Drifters who moved there last year from Scarborough. Think he is originally from Seattle, he is friends with Tower of Power and Marcia Hines. Think he has a bar there as well as moving around the Island and performing, try here:-

Set in the luxurious surroundings of the Golden Mile, Liquid is the perfect venue to appreciate some of the finest sounds of today in the very best modern clubbing environment!

In the main arena experience earthquakes in basslines and the finest state-of-the-art lighting technology right at the beachfront!

In arena 2...Exclusive "Open Air" Chill & V.I.P Lounge featuring the coolest past & present Urban, R'n'B and Latino sounds.

Social source share

There was the Soul Cafe , the last time I was there, in Las Americas - one block back from the beach, more-or-less on the 'border' of Americas & Christianos. It was located along a 'parade' of bars, and adjacent to where the 'hot air balloon' used to be anchored. If you found the aprtment complex 'Compostella Beach' and walked up the road one block it is easy enough to pinpoint.

Hope that might be of some use.. thumbup.gif

Fingers shades.gif

The 'Soul Suite'. Plays live acts, mainly Motown and some Soul but not Northern. Very small place and ok for a night out.

Will miss by nights out at Manhattans on my future trips to Tenerife.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Had a good night in The Old Lodge Puerto Colon in March.

I do know if it is regular but worth checking.

Booked a last minute job to Tenerife leaving next week and found this thread, fired off an email to receive the following response ;

We are running our November Northern soul event from 1st - 20th (started last night) Admission is free, and we are holding it at The Old Lodge, Puerto Colon Marina. For more info visit our website www.northernsoultenerife.com Hope you can make it. Many thanks for the interest. Stefan.

Totally by chance our hotel is round the corner from the venue, not that this accident of fate will be believed by the cynical one whistling.gif That's my cultural needs sorted then thumbsup.gif

Taff

Social source share

Just got back from Tenerife

If you have the time Divine Soul (underneath the Tenerife Sol)is a fantastic night out

Weds and Saturdays are the Temptaion and Supremes tribute nights and always get very busy

Drnks are a bit expensive but you are paying for the entertaiment

Phil Gibson mentioned above appears on his own and as part of the temptaions

Have started palting a little bit of the old northern sould sounds on Fridays after the acts have finished

Drifters Tribute night on Sundays I think

The Sould suite is a good night,went down on Sunday night when Mikey Mike appeared with on half of BWB (who are no longer) was a very good night.

BTW its very hot at the moment with temps 32 during the day and not dropping below 26 at night

Have a good un

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert