Richard Stoute-What Bag Im In

NEV

Hi all

Sticky records are about to release their latest cut onto the market very soon

Jewell Bass -i tried it and i liked it /backed with Richard Stoute-what bag im in

https://www.stickyrecords.org/

Must admit i love the Richard Stoute and would like to know if it's been on an original label before this release please??

My feeling is it's probably been released and is bloody expensivesad.gif

Cannot find much info on the man apart from a lp on popsike and the fact he was from a caribbean island named Dominican (not the republic)

Thanx in advance thumbsup.gif

Edited by NEV
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Richard Stoute has been released before this, seen it and heard it at Andy Dysons. Could've been Trex but not 100%. Tis a rare one too but not sure of a price as it ain't about much and didn't think there was much demand, not from the northern fraternity anyway.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Hi all

Sticky records are about to release their latest cut onto the market very soon

Jewell Bass -i tried it and i liked it /backed with Richard Stoute-what bag im in

https://www.stickyrecords.org/

Must admit i love the Richard Stoute and would like to know if it's been on an original label before this release please??

My feeling is it's probably been released and is bloody expensivesad.gif

Cannot find much info on the man apart from a lp on popsike and the fact he was from a caribbean island named Dominican (not the republic)

Thanx in advance thumbsup.gif

Nev This is an old Andy Dyson play coverd as Clevland Robinson! It just happend at the same time Simon Hunt was playing it at No More Doggin as Richard Stoute.

It came out on the Trex label from Barbados, Value i would say over £1500 "IF" you can find one.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Nev This is an old Andy Dyson play coverd as Clevland Robinson! It just happend at the same time Simon Hunt was playing it at No More Doggin as Richard Stoute. It came out on the Trex label from Barbados, Value i would say over £1500 IF you can find one.Steve J

If You Try was the title Andy palyed it under. Cheers for confirming the label Steve, couldn't remember for sure.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Thanx Chalky

Waddaya mean "the northern fraternity"??biggrin.gif

I suspected it was a re-issue of a rare'unsad.gif

never mind thumbsup.gif

good record Nev but not much of a dancer is it? Thats why I said Northern Fraternity. Don't think I've heard it out since Andy played it.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

If You Try was the title Andy palyed it under. Cheers for confirming the label, couldn't remember for sure.

Chalky

At the time Simon was playing this it was only by chance that Andy was at NMD with a box of sales thats when i found out about the Clevland Robinson cover.

I love this track and been looking a long time for it :thumbsup:

At No More Doggin Simon most nights put a CD of tracks that were played, the CD with this on is out there with this track listing :-

Lainey Allen "i can't take it"

Timiko "is it a sin"

Salena Jones "i've got the blues"

Sincers "girl i love you"

Leevert Allison "i want to give my heat to you"

Richard Stoute "what bag i'm in"

Nora Roberts "i just flip"

Renita Cole "i found love"

King Size Taylor "somebodys always trying"

The Cheques "deeper"

Nev if you want a copy let me know i'll dig it out for you.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Nev This is an old Andy Dyson play coverd as Clevland Robinson! It just happend at the same time Simon Hunt was playing it at No More Doggin as Richard Stoute.

It came out on the Trex label from Barbados, Value i would say over £1500 "IF" you can find one.

Steve J

Bollox :lol: . Another one I missed when I had the chance. I was offered one about 5 years ago for about $400 from the elusive Kevin in Toronto. I thought it was good but not what I wanted to spend that kind of money on then. Wish I'd bought it now!

Jordi

Social source share

There's been a couple for sale that I've seen, and they were around the 300 pound mark, so I think 1500 is way over the top. I personally like it, from the NMD nites, but dont think it has mass appeal as its not 100% northern, or 100% x-over/modern, kinda having a foot in both camps but not the whole body in either.

My neice, who lives out there, has asked all over Barbados and the local surrounding islands for a copy for me, but to no avail. so its not exactly gonna be a common find. I think Simon told me his copy was found in europe? scandanavia?

The guy himself runs talent shows I think, an island hughie green if you like :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert