What's The Best? Poll

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What's the best northern soul song ever?  IYHO of course...

:P

Stoll

link

I really don't think i can ever answer that question, so many different tunes from over the years, someone recently told me (think it was Paul from the Greatstone ?) a scenario along the same lines as your post........the answer was....The Next One I Hear, just about sums it up for me.

Brett

Social source share

I'd have to say Mello Souls...everything you want in an uptempo adrenalin (or should that be amphetamine) fuelled northern record IMO. It's got everything from the intro to the price tag and rarity!! Also Group feat Cecil Washington...I Don't Like To lose

Social source share

I'd have to say Mello Souls...everything you want in an uptempo adrenalin (or should that be amphetamine) fuelled northern record IMO.  It's got everything from the intro to the price tag and rarity!!  Also Group feat Cecil Washington...I Don't Like To lose

link

Top tune is Mr Washington,it would be up there Amphetasoul at its best :P

Social source share

Don Ray,born a loser,RCA,think that would be my No1.... :P

link

:P:lol::lol:

nice track Kenny but does it epitomise the overall soul scene

or are we creating another list of personal likes or are we looking for THE record of Northern Soul that everyone believes and tells you THIS RECORD is THE northern record of all time

Personally

"Darling Your Wonderful " Marvin Gaye

beautiful midtempo stroller

Doug :P:P

Social source share

:P   :lol:   :lol:

nice track Kenny but does it epitomise the overall soul scene

or are we creating another list of personal likes or are we looking for THE record of Northern Soul that everyone believes and tells you THIS RECORD is THE northern record of all time

Personally

"Darling Your Wonderful " Marvin Gaye

beautiful midtempo stroller

Doug :P   :P

link

Dont get it?,the most perfect n/soul record ever..... :P

Social source share

Guest billinghamsoulboy

i know its not rare but it is motown classic,and i love it every time R DEAN TAYLOR-GHOST IN MY HOUSE whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest mattmale

A bit obvious but The Tomangoes - I Really Love You does it for me everytime. Never feels outplayed, has everything. :thumbsup:

Is there anyone who doesn't like this record? whistling.gif

Social source share

Top tune is Mr Washington,it would be up there Amphetasoul at its best  :P

link

Am I missing something here? To me this record is no better than average. In fact the lead singer puts me in mind of Al Jolson.

The Torch, Tunstall 1973. Sweat soaked kids actually jump over each other in the mad scramble to hit the dance floor. Why? They've just caught the opening guitar lick of "Love You Baby". I can't imagine the Mello Souls would have pulled the same trick.

Just my two Euros. :ohmy:

Social source share

hmmm this is a hard one. There are so many different styles of Northern Soul I think it would be hard to pick just one. I aggree with all said so far (except Jesse Davis I'm afraid :ohmy: terrible record) but for me here are a few that epitomise N Soul..

Al Williams - I am nothing

Tommy Ridgely - My love is getting stronger

John & The Weirdest - Can't get over these memories

Jimmy Wallace - I'll be back

Jimmy Mack - My world is on fire

I will accept constructive criticizm regarding my choices under the condition you don't make me cry :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert