Guest Oliver

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Oliver

Seen it for up to £30 - but its only a £10 - £15 record IMO.

Pretty common over in the US.

I was under the impression of it being round the £20 mark but it appears everyone with one doesn't agree!

Social source share

I was under the impression of it being round the £20 mark but it appears everyone with one doesn't agree!

I bought one for myself about ten years ago for £4.

I've left several in the U.S. because they wanted $15 - $20 for them, and there was no room for profit in them for me (IMO).

£20 is probably ok if you don't mind paying top whack for a common 45.

Social source share

I think there's an extended version as well (perhaps with an alternate flip as mentioned above by Des). I thought I had a copy of the extended one but I just looked everywhere and cannot find it, am sure I had one at some point though.

Indeed issued with two different flipsides, but with the same catalogue number:

TNT Band - The Meditation / Mr. Slick - COTIQUE 136

TNT Band - The Meditation / Sabre Olvidar - COTIQUE 136

"The Meditiation" is timed 3:50 on both labels, but one of them might very well be an extended version despite that, I don't know.

There are at least 4 different label variations for this 45 so it must've sold very well. It turns up at least once per week on eBay and hardly ever sell for more than $15.

Social source share

Indeed issued with two different flipsides, but with the same catalogue number:

TNT Band - The Meditation / Mr. Slick - COTIQUE 136

TNT Band - The Meditation / Sabre Olvidar - COTIQUE 136

"The Meditiation" is timed 3:50 on both labels, but one of them might very well be an extended version despite that, I don't know.

There are at least 4 different label variations for this 45 so it must've sold very well. It turns up at least once per week on eBay and hardly ever sell for more than $15.

sold one of each recently. one went out of the sales box @ £15 the other made a tenner on ebay

dave

Social source share

"Mr. Slick" is a decent mid-tempo latin soul workout and "Sabre Olvidar" is a spanish language salsa tune. Neither are earth-shattering in my opinion.

Their "That's Life" on COTIQUE 160 is great though! thumbsup.gif

TNT Band - That's life - Cotique -

strange lyrics though Sebastianohmy.gif

but a nice tune all the samethumbsup.gif

Social source share

TNT Band - That's life - Cotique -

strange lyrics though Sebastian:ohmy:

Hahaha! I have honestly never really listened to the lyrics! :g:

"the problem was that within your daddys life,

he had a daughter who today is your wife,

now you have my blessings son and try to understand

that's life!"

Odd indeed. :g:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Ha ha, yeah, That's Life is a cool one.....I now seem to remember the flip of the extended vers. of Meditation actually having two tracks (like an EP) - although perhaps Meditation was not extended after all, but there was something unusual about that copy, I wish I could find it. Anyhow I'll agree it is still pretty common here in the States, one of the easiest Cotique singles to find.

Social source share

I think there's an extended version as well (perhaps with an alternate flip as mentioned above by Des). I thought I had a copy of the extended one but I just looked everywhere and cannot find it, am sure I had one at some point though.

The LP version (which is an extended cut) was bootlegged in LA in the 70's, backed with a track by a different band and released as the bootleg name Ben & the Goodies on Tell Him records.

Here's a pic of the 'Manzara' side, of which the TNT Bands 'Meditation' is the flip.

BentheGoodies.jpg

Social source share

Source Advert