• Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanx Mark

This is vinyl but matrix numbers would be the best way forward me thinks

Nev as i said before, the original is "bell sound stamped" if ya check the label on the one you have you'll see its got a "ztsp" number. Is there a "ztsp" number scratched in to the run out groove?

I've had a styrene copy a long time, and a dealer in the US i know had listed "Youre Hangin' Me Up" as a bootleg. I didn't know it had been booted. It was him who told me it was done for the other side "False Pride" for the Island scene. he sent me a copy as he had a load ov 'em just so I could compare 'em. They got a great looking label on 'em! identical to the original Veep demo's, mind Nev, if I remember right, I'm sure the label was molded over not a paper stuck on one? As I said, it's got a ztsp number on the label, but the boot I got sent didn't have it in the run out groove.

hth Nev

steve

ps. just wanna add the seller that had these and the Jones Brothers did state they were re-issues! He's a top seller on E-Bay

steve

Social source share

Nev as i said before, the original is "bell sound stamped" if ya check the label on the one you have you'll see its got a "ztsp" number. Is there a "ztsp" number scratched in to the run out groove?

I've had a styrene copy a long time, and a dealer in the US i know had listed "Youre Hangin' Me Up" as a bootleg. I didn't know it had been booted. It was him who told me it was done for the other side "False Pride" for the Island scene. he sent me a copy as he had a load ov 'em just so I could compare 'em. They got a great looking label on 'em! identical to the original Veep demo's, mind Nev, if I remember right, I'm sure the label was molded over not a paper stuck on one? As I said, it's got a ztsp number on the label, but the boot I got sent didn't have it in the run out groove.

hth Nev

steve

ps. just wanna add the seller that had these and the Jones Brothers did state they were re-issues! He's a top seller on E-Bay

steve

great record, deffo been booted, originals have a raised X stamped in the run out groove

Best

Floyd

Social source share

steve

If the seller is Paul Hutton, then he also told me that the copies he had of Jones Brothers on Seel were re-issues - this was a couple of years ago

Social source share

Think you may be on about the black hexagon shape around the rim of the label Bri?

Anyway, here's my original copy, no 'raised x' but bell sound stamped both sides....

post-4912-12570682669745_thumb.jpg

R, THATS THE ONE MATE thumbsup.gif RARER LABEL DESIGN, MINES THE REGULAR ONE, BELL SOUND STAMP ALSO CANT RECALL SEING ANY RAISED X ON IT, DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

R, THATS THE ONE MATE :D RARER LABEL DESIGN, MINES THE REGULAR ONE, BELL SOUND STAMP ALSO CANT RECALL SEING ANY RAISED X ON IT, DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

BRI PINCH

Hi Bri

your right mate

just checked mine again bellsound stamped (no raised X)

must have been thinking of another record

too many nighters over the years , heads shot at

Best

Floyd:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert