The Michigan Move - Phonetics Band

• Replies 23
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

anyone got a boot of this track 4 sale ?

might be worth asking for A side :lol:

it's on the B side of Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid - Golden Eye boot

p.s. its the 'Phrenetics Band' :lol:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Yes still picking myself up off the floor

thanks for your input Pete :lol:

popsike shows them selling from £32 - £80

if you have one for sell cheaper by all means stick it up :lol:

Social source share

f*ck it, can't be bothered to argue with you, I'd sell 3 copies for 50 quid but thats just me

there is no argument Pete - why so aggressive?

if you have 3 copies to sell for £50...put em up

if you don't........

no argument :thumbsup:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

thanks for your input Pete thumbsup.gif

popsike shows them selling from £32 - £80

if you have one for sell cheaper by all means stick it up thumbsup.gif

Mike/Pete

I put one of these up on ebay 2 weeks ago for £4.99 starting price.Never had a sniff. :ohmy:

Still got it if anyones interested.

Dave

Social source share

Mike/Pete

I put one of these up on ebay 2 weeks ago for £4.99 starting price.Never had a sniff. ohmy.gif

Still got it if anyones interested.

Dave

can't be arsed Dave....sale was removed :thumbsup:

Social source share

The sound quality of this "reissue" is terrible, AND the labels are on the wrong sides!!! Bearing this in mind, the person who was responsible for these, recently offered me some at the bargain, wholesale price of £25 each, though I suppose they are "Mint". I still think there's a decimal point missing in that quote, but maybe this is a hot item, what do I know.

Confused

Des Parker

Social source share

The sound quality of this "reissue" is terrible, AND the labels are on the wrong sides!!! Bearing this in mind, the person who was responsible for these, recently offered me some at the bargain, wholesale price of £25 each, though I suppose they are "Mint". I still think there's a decimal point missing in that quote, but maybe this is a hot item, what do I know.

Confused

Des Parker

If they still have copies of this then it must mean that they pressed a thousand in the first place, you'd have thought 500 but for it to still be around in quantity after 15 years must mean they overdid it.

Social source share

wasnt an original of this was there ?

know Guy Hennigan used to spin this--the inst not--pyramid

but think it was unreleased studio cut

If my mind serves me (and it might not) Andy Rix used to play this (I heard it when he played in London) and I think it was unissued (acetate).

(and £50 for a common boot is ludicrous IMHO)

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Nah not a fiver, come on.. 20/25 should be top money - 30 cheapest I've seen.

Have you got some kind of memory loss, 30 is the cheapest you've seen - do me a favour, I must have knocked half a dozen of these on my lists in the last 2 years for £10 each. They're everywhere, record fairs, the lot.

Social source share

Have you got some kind of memory loss, 30 is the cheapest you've seen - do me a favour, I must have knocked half a dozen of these on my lists in the last 2 years for £10 each. They're everywhere, record fairs, the lot.

Memory fine, just didn't see them. Don't believe they're a tenner at record fairs.

Between you and me it's a crap quality record and not worth much more than you mention. However you can't deny they go for silly money - the proof is there!

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

This is on guys monsters tape from way back in 86/87.

Great instrumental and can remember throwing myself around the dancefloor to it when i was 18

Al H thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Can't be bothered reading through all the wise men posts, but I have at least one copy that I would sell for £20 plus P&P if anyone interested, if not carry on postulating gentleman!

ps Guy H all the way, epitome of Mr Hennigan, fag in mouth, ash about 6" long hanging over record but he never dropped a bit!

Social source share

got to agree, I know one was sold for a tenner not o long ago.

Social source share

If my mind serves me (and it might not) Andy Rix used to play this (I heard it when he played in London) and I think it was unissued (acetate).

(and £50 for a common boot is ludicrous IMHO)

it was/is an unisued Washpan recording(s) taken from unissued tape and as far as I know didn't exist on any kind of disc until cut to acetate by Guy in the 80's The tapes have quite a few takes on them. It has been discussed on here before so search and ye shall find the topic.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Source Advert