Could You Play?

The question was could you play "whatever you want" twice a night TODAY.

We all know X Y and Z had multiple plays back in the day but back then they were new discoveries with the DJ's trying to "break" the record to the scene. As I said it is really a pointless comparison.

As good as Suspicion, Benny Troy, Jewels etc etc are, after 40 years of DJ's hammering them would you like to hear then several times in one night on today's scene? I somehow doubt it.

Unless it is a new discovery I don't think it is necessary to play anything twice. There's something wrong when DJ's can't choose say 200 records for an allnighter from the 1000's available to them without repeating tracks played by DJ's on before them. DJ's should use their imagination a little and promoters should encourage them to do so, even if it is an oldies night.

Does any promoters have a ban on repeat plays? I've seen it advertised once I think that repeat spins are not allowed.

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Maybe put a jukebox in and do away with the DJ, people can listen to what they want then?

Great idea Carl, no promotor fall outs, no moaning,no ego,no wages & no imposition of taste, Yeh that could fly I think.:thumbsup:

Take care,be safe & remember,"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak,somewhere in this town,see me & the boys we don't like it,so were getting up & going down",

Spot.:unsure:

Social source share

Maybe put a jukebox in and do away with the DJ, people can listen to what they want then?

Great idea Carl, no promotor fall outs, no moaning,no ego,no wages & no imposition of taste, Yeh that could fly I think.:thumbsup:

Take care,be safe & remember,"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak,somewhere in this town,see me & the boys we don't like it,so were getting up & going down",

Spot.:unsure:

could get a bit expensive though and a pain running to the bar all the time for change to feed the thing :( 150 records or so in a six hour soul night, whoever owns the jukebox would make a fortune :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

could get a bit expensive though and a pain running to the bar all the time for change to feed the thing :unsure: 150 records or so in a six hour soul night, whoever owns the jukebox would make a fortune :thumbsup:

IPOD ON RANDOM....IT'S THE FUTURE

I HAVE NO REPEATS FOR 154 DAYS ACCORDING TO MINE:ph34r:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert