Music - Licensed Premises - Bouncers

Soulsmith

Does anybody know if there is a minimum nationwide statutory limit for the amount of bouncers/door staff required for licensed premises.....

A a Dj ie soul night

B live music

Appreciate there are loads of local stipulations but I'm interested in the nationwide regs

Cheers in advance.

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anybody know if there is a minimum nationwide statutory limit for the amount of bouncers/door staff required for licensed premises.....

A a Dj ie soul night

B live music

Appreciate there are loads of local stipulations but I'm interested in the nationwide regs

Cheers in advance.

Col.

it can vary , it depends on the ownership of venue the venues layout and its total capacity, its management and the local authority , but most not all stipulate 1 per 100 but a min of 2 in any event

Edited by Naughty Boy
Social source share

it can vary , it depends on the ownership of venue the venues layout and its total capacity, its management and the local authority , but most not all stipulate 1 per 100 but a min of 2 in any event

Perfect answer. I'd just add that there will be something in the conditions attached to premises licence that give specifics and if there isn't then you don't even need registered door staff. That is assuming that the event is of a type that is noted as "licensed" on the premises licence.

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

It depends on the venue and what licence stipulations they have, and also if a venue is hired for a day or night then it is dependent on if it is a private event i.e. no monies being payed to get in, or wether you charge people to get in, some venues now also stipulate that you must have the appropriate insurance PUBLIC LIABILITY and if using own equipment that it has up to date PAT test certificates.

General rule of thumb is min 2 doorstaff per event then extra dependent on how many acually attend usually upto 120 2 bouncers and so on.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Thanks for replies.

Just seems strange that some venues have a license whereby the local authority specify the amount of bouncers required

& some venues have a license that don't require bouncers - but them I still have to check with the local authority who will then tell me how many bouncers I do need.

Happy days.

Social source share

The number of door staff required will be set by the council and can be found on a venues public entertainment license, simply ask the venue management. It is not always the capacity that stipulates how many door staff/security are required, you might have to have a set number just on the door of any venue or club plus extra for the capacity.Any bouncers should have a ticket/license as well, not just any hard looking Tom Dick or Harry.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

simply ask the venue management.

That's what i'd do. If i hire a venue i expect the management to tell what the rules and regulations are, surely that's their job?

At the club we hire there have never been any mention of bouncers or door staff, granted 50 is a good night for us, but they also run singles nights, Jazz nights and massive Asian weddings and i'm pretty sure they don't have door staff either. When was the last time you went to a wedding with bouncers? :thumbsup:

I always thought any public liability was covered by the club as well if they are properly insured? Luckily our venue is a massive professionally run sports centre where the Cov City team train, so i think they probably know their stuff and would tell us if there was a problem.

Social source share

I would suggest anyone that runs an event without security is taking a huge risk, 99.9% of the time at a Soul event you wont need them, but there may be the one time you do & I can tell you from experience if someone is injured you'll blame your self for ever........I find that if you personally brief the security on what you expect from them you'll avoid any problems.

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert