Southampton Soul Club All-Dayer 3

Guest soul elite

Won't have been out for a month by the time this comes because we're working the weekends before in the pub! So to say I'll be a bit hyper is a huge understatement!! haha

• Replies 203
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest RachelY

we are going too - will look forward to seeing you on the 29th if not before.

You can be as hyper as you like if its been a month since you've been out - you poor thing!

Hope to see you and Terry beforehand

Take care

RAY

xx

Won't have been out for a month by the time this comes because we're working the weekends before in the pub! So to say I'll be a bit hyper is a huge understatement!! haha

we are going too - will look forward to seeing you on the 29th if not before.

You can be as hyper as you like if its been a month since you've been out - you poor thing!

Hope to see you and Terry beforehand

Take care

RAY

xx

Goona be a very very soulful dayer indeed...

a massive thanks for your support...see you soon...

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest newman

Look forward to catching up with you on the day...:D

Alfie

Counting the days Alfie, the south coast's premier event signals the start of summer... bring it on!!!

Counting the days Alfie, the south coast's premier event signals the start of summer... bring it on!!!

[/qu

Makes 2 of us Graham...it's defo looking to be a busy 1 m8...:lol: ...

Derek Mead has confirmed that he will be bringing his sales box's on the day as will mr Des Parker...there will be a record deck and some headphones for the soulies to listen to 45's...

Just over 3 weeks and counting...

Catch up soon Graham...have a top night at the scout hut...:D

Alfie

Guest RachelY

looking forward to this - really enjoyed last year - will finish my bank holiday weekend off a treat!

RAY

xx

Guest Bearsy

Ive had a chat with the 4 other djs that will be playing you all some awsome tunes in the Rare & Underplayed room from 8pm - 1am, Des, Dave, Phil, Tim and they are all raring to go so be forwarned and prepared for 5 hours of quality that you just dont hear out often enough :lol:

the dj running times for the Rare & Underplayed room are as follows

Bearsy 8pm - 8.50pm

Des Parker 8.50pm - 9.50pm

Tim Smithers 9.50pm - 10.50pm

Phil Rains 10.50pm - 11.50pm

Dave Abbott 11.50pm - 12.50am

Bearsy 12.50am - 1am close

then we all go downstairs for the last hour of what will be a massive and thee best Soul Event on the South Coast all year :pirate:

see you all there its gonna be a goodun :yes:

Bearsy

Edited by Bearsy
Guest soul elite

I expect there to be top rate tunes in the second room, best start working out again ready for this..........XXX

Guest Bearsy

I expect there to be top rate tunes in the second room, best start working out again ready for this..........XXX

Its gonna be a dancers dream thats for sure Katrina :yes: see you both there :pirate::lol:

Guest Bearsy

Oh and just want to mention that there wont be no wishy washy mamsy pamsy floaty woaty shite getting played either in the already famous room 2 :yes:

Guest BintofSoul

Oh and just want to mention that there wont be no wishy washy mamsy pamsy floaty woaty shite getting played either in the already famous room 2 :thumbsup:

Can't wait !!!!

Oh and just want to mention that there wont be no wishy washy mamsy pamsy floaty woaty shite getting played either in the already famous room 2 :thumbsup:

Good evening soulies...

Not long now to go now for what is gonna be a fantasic soulful dayer on the south coast...with everybodys soul tatse catered for...and not forgetting the B.B.Q outside...

Dancers paradise in the main room...conniseurs heaven upstairs in room 2...(Rare & Underplayed)

Really looking forward to Southampton soul clubs All-Dayer 3...bring it on...

DJ Times for the main room will be posted tomorrow night...sorry for the delay...been haveing probs with the lap-top...

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest RachelY

I'll keep you calm don't worry - although I'm looking forward to it too so I might be more hyper than you?!!

What time are you planning on getting there?

RAY

xx

Stop it 'cos i can't fecking wait and i'm relying on Ray to keep me calm....... :thumbsup::yes:

18 DAYS TO GO MY YOUNG FRIEND - GETTING TO THAT POINT WHEN "WHAT AM I GONNA PLAY" STARTS ROLLING THROUGH MY HEAD .60TS 7TS MODERN /NORTHERN /MOTOWN OR A NICE MIX MMMMMMMMM! COME ON WHERE ARE THE D.J. TIMES ??????

GETTING LOTS OF "VIEWS " MATE , GONNA BE A BUSY ONE , CANT WAIT !

Sorry for the delay folks in putting the dj times up...

Dj Times for the main room...

Mr Mischeif won't be able to make the dayer so all the other dj's get a further 10 mins...

2.00pm till 2.30pm...Alfie

2.30pm till 3.00pm...Chilli

3.00pm till 3.30pm...Wigan Brian

3.30pm till 4.00pm...Dennis Hyde

4.00pm till 4.30pm...Dave Hazledean

4.30pm till 5.00pm...Trowbridge Matt

5.00pm till 5.30pm...Warren Boogaloo

5.30pm till 6.00pm...Sarge

6.00pm till 6.30pm...Steve McMahon

6.30pm till 7.00pm...Alfie

7.00pm till 7.30pm...Chilli

7.30pm till 8.20pm...Dave Hazeldean

8.20pm till 9.10pm...Dennis Hyde

9.10pm till 10.00pm...Wigan Brian

10.00pm till 10.50pm...Steve McMahon...

10.50pm till 11.40pm...Sarge

11.40pm till 12.30am...Warren Boogaloo

12.30am till 1.20am...Trowbridge Matt

1.20am till 1.40am...Chilli

1.40am till 2.am...Alfie

Gonna be a very very soulful dayer indeed...:D

Edited by alfie00soul

Hi Alfie,

Hoping for a good Sounds of Soul event this saturday and an FA Cup win for City and all will be perfect.

Was talking to Sarge on Saturday about your all dayer and Pete Townsend too amongst others.

This really does sound like it's builindg up to be a very special event.

Looking forward to it

See you at the end of the month

Cheers

Yogi :hatsoff2:

18 DAYS TO GO MY YOUNG FRIEND - GETTING TO THAT POINT WHEN "WHAT AM I GONNA PLAY" STARTS ROLLING THROUGH MY HEAD .60TS 7TS MODERN /NORTHERN /MOTOWN OR A NICE MIX MMMMMMMMM! COME ON WHERE ARE THE D.J. TIMES ??????

GETTING LOTS OF "VIEWS " MATE , GONNA BE A BUSY ONE , CANT WAIT !

If your gonna play Harold Melvin / Get out, or Mario boni beach............ your be on first lol

SPECIAL REQUEST AGAIN FOR MR SMITHERS HAROLD MELVINS GET OUT "HIS FAAAAAVVOOORRIIITTEEE

CHOON !!!!!!!!!

CLOSET MAMBY PAMBY WISHEY WASHEY SOUL BOY LOL LOL LOLrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

It will be good to see ya Bri, no matter what you play, this event just builds and builds, the biggest event on the south coasts callender, cant wait :thumbsup:

Guest Dave Mortimore

A CUP WIN FOR CITY .......STOKE CITY ........THE ORIGINAL ......SINCE 1863......GO ON STOKE.....thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

. Why Brian! You're beginning to sound just like Pottermouth. I've been listening to a few renditions of his recently. It's quite stirring poetry for the big match.

. No doubt my three brothers will be there. I haven't managed to get a ticket, so I'll be there with you watching in spirit come Saturday 3.00 p.m. from the comfort of my own armchair. Hopefully, the supposedly kick and run team bought on a shoestring can beat their multi-million pound cosseted opponents. :lol:

. Seeing as you'll be playing Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes for Tim at The All-Dayer, there must room for a few requests and I don't mean Delilah by Tom Jones. Although I'm sure you must have a copy.

. Take Care and have a great time on Saturday!

Guest Bearsy

SPECIAL REQUEST AGAIN FOR MR SMITHERS HAROLD MELVINS GET OUT "HIS FAAAAAVVOOORRIIITTEEE

CHOON !!!!!!!!!

CLOSET MAMBY PAMBY WISHEY WASHEY SOUL BOY LOL LOL LOLrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

its mamsy pamsy and wishy washy actually Brian :lol: bloody norverners :thumbsup:

have a great day Saturday and best of luck to the Potters and especially Tony Pulis getting revenge on the team that has no fans at Wembley on 90 minutes :thumbsup::lol:

Hi BEARSY , LOOK I HAD HAD A FEW OR 10 STELLA`S , I DID BLOODY GOOD TO WRITE WHAT I DID yes.gif YEA BUT I`M STILL A BLOODY NOVERNER THOUGH REALLY I`M A NORTHERN TW@T LOL ,

Stoke never turned up , except for our back 5 .......... pulis should never have picked Etherington , the lad could hardly run , poor show by our standards , the better team won on the day .

ANYWAY HERE TO WRITE ABOUT THE ALL-DAYER , LOTS OF POSITIVE TALK LAST NIGHT AT FARNBOROUGH , WAS TELLING A LOT OF PART TIME SOULIES ABOUT IT , WHO HADN`T A CLUE IT WAS ON ---------AM I ON COMMISSION ALFIE ?

DAVE , A FEW REQUESTS ARE OK ,I`LL KEEP IT QUIET , LIKE I DID AT THE OPERA HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( " THIS IS FOR MRS MORTIMORE`S HUSBAND" ) LOL LOL .

I MIGHT BE DOING AN UP-TEMPO SET DAVE , WHICH MIGHT FLOAT YOUR BOAT , BUT I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE IN THE RARE/UNDERPLAYED ROOM , MMMMMMMMMM IF I DO AN UP-TEMPO SET I WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY " GET OUT " FOR TIM unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

( Dave got DELILAH on my juke box shhh.gifshhh.gifshhh.gif " at break of day as that man drove away I was waiting whoooah " )

see you all very soon ! WiganBrian.

Sorry for the delay folks in putting the dj times up...

Dj Times for the main room...

2.00pm till 2.30pm...Alfie

2.30pm till 3.00pm...Chilli

3.00pm till 3.30pm...Wigan Brian

3.30pm till 4.00pm...Dennis Hyde

4.00pm till 4.30pm...Dave Hazledean

4.30pm till 5.00pm...Trowbridge Matt

5.00pm till 5.30pm...Warren Boogaloo

5.30pm till 6.00pm...Sarge

6.00pm till 6.30pm...Steve McMahon

6.30pm till 7.00pm...Alfie

7.00pm till 7.30pm...Chilli

7.30pm till 8.20pm...Dave Hazeldean

8.20pm till 9.10pm...Dennis Hyde

9.10pm till 10.00pm...Wigan Brian

10.00pm till 10.50pm...Steve McMahon...

10.50pm till 11.40pm...Sarge

11.40pm till 12.30am...Warren Boogaloo

12.30am till 1.20am...Trowbridge Matt

1.20am till 1.40am...Chilli

1.40am till 2.am...Alfie

Gonna be a very very soulful dayer indeed...:yes:

Bloody Hell!! How organised are you? Two weeks to go and I can plan what times to organise a pizza delivery :lol:

Really looking forward to this. Going to play a dancefloor friendly spot and some of the tunes you can expect on the day are these.

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart - Tamla

Bobby Valentin - Use it til you lose it - Fania

7th Avenue Aviators - You should have held on

Del Davis - Baby don't wake me - Trojan

Lewise Bethune - Chi-town Boogaloo - Sack

Harvey Averne - Never learned to dance - Uptite

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry

Gene Toones - What more do you want - Simco

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do - Kool Kat

Bernard Williams - It's needless to say - Harthon

Minnie Jones - Shadow of a memory - Sugar

Betty Wilson - I'm yours - Dayco

Pat Lewis - No one to love - Solid Hit

Hayes Cotton - Black wings have my angers - Resist

Patrinell Staten - Little love affair - Sepia

Charles Mintz - Running away - Uplook

Mike Pedicin - Burnt toast and black coffee - Federal

Little Tommy - Baby can't you see - Sound of Soul

Bloody Hell!! How organised are you? Two weeks to go and I can plan what times to organise a pizza delivery :lol:

Really looking forward to this. Going to play a dancefloor friendly spot and some of the tunes you can expect on the day are these.

Marvin Gaye Love starved heart Tamla

7th Avenue Aviators You should have held on

Del Davis - Baby don't wake me Trojan

Gene Toones What more do you want Simco

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do Kool Kat

Hayes Cotton Black wings have my angers Resist

Patrinell Staten Little love affair Sepia

Charles Mintz Running away - Uplook

All i can say is ...fantastic...:yes:

Pizza...now there's a thought...:lol:

See you soon Warren...:thumbsup:

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul

Hi BEARSY , LOOK I HAD HAD A FEW OR 10 STELLA`S , I DID BLOODY GOOD TO WRITE WHAT I DID yes.gif YEA BUT I`M STILL A BLOODY NOVERNER THOUGH REALLY I`M A NORTHERN TW@T LOL ,

Stoke never turned up , except for our back 5 .......... pulis should never have picked Etherington , the lad could hardly run , poor show by our standards , the better team won on the day .

ANYWAY HERE TO WRITE ABOUT THE ALL-DAYER , LOTS OF POSITIVE TALK LAST NIGHT AT FARNBOROUGH , WAS TELLING A LOT OF PART TIME SOULIES ABOUT IT , WHO HADN`T A CLUE IT WAS ON ---------AM I ON COMMISSION ALFIE ?

DAVE , A FEW REQUESTS ARE OK ,I`LL KEEP IT QUIET , LIKE I DID AT THE OPERA HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( " THIS IS FOR MRS MORTIMORE`S HUSBAND" ) LOL LOL .

I MIGHT BE DOING AN UP-TEMPO SET DAVE , WHICH MIGHT FLOAT YOUR BOAT , BUT I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE IN THE RARE/UNDERPLAYED ROOM , MMMMMMMMMM IF I DO AN UP-TEMPO SET I WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY " GET OUT " FOR TIM unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

( Dave got DELILAH on my juke box shhh.gifshhh.gifshhh.gif " at break of day as that man drove away I was waiting whoooah " )

see you all very soon ! WiganBrian.

Sorry about getting on here to give this event a bump...the bloody lap top is in the doctors....:yes:

Commission Brian...in the shape of a pint...top man...thanx for spreading the word...Myself & Ruth were partying down in sunny southend...Ginger Daves birthday bash...a spendid night indeed...sounds like you had a ball at Farnborough...i must get myself to one soon...it's been bloody ages...:lol:

Just under 2 weeks...getting excited now...:lol:

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul

Hi Alfie,

Hoping for a good Sounds of Soul event this saturday and an FA Cup win for City and all will be perfect.

Was talking to Sarge on Saturday about your all dayer and Pete Townsend too amongst others.

This really does sound like it's builindg up to be a very special event.

Looking forward to it

See you at the end of the month

Cheers

Yogi :lol:

A top night at soul of sounds no doubt...a win for city(sorry brian)...and the all-dayer...you got 2 out 3 so far...fingers grossed for the third one...

Hope to see you soon...:yes:

Alfie

Reading all the posts it's gonna be a great day as normal at this top venue! Can't wait!

Hi Matt hope your well m8...

Looking forward to you spinning those soulful choons of yours at the all-dayer...it's defo shapeing up to be busy one...catch up soon...

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest RachelY

Yep we're good ta Alfie, be even better on the 29th!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Your getting excited aren't you Kat - I can tell?

RAY

xx

Bloody Hell!! How organised are you? Two weeks to go and I can plan what times to organise a pizza delivery :yes:

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart - Tamla

7th Avenue Aviators - You should have held on

Del Davis - Baby don't wake me - Trojan

Gene Toones - What more do you want - Simco

Joe Matthews - Ain't nothing you can do - Kool Kat

Hayes Cotton - Black wings have my angers - Resist

Patrinell Staten - Little love affair - Sepia

Charles Mintz - Running away - Uplook

Some great choons there Warren, love the Joe Mathews, proper oldie thats not had to many plays this far south in recent years, be good to see some of the other guys putting up a few, so peeps can get an idea what might be get played :thumbsup:

, be good to see some of the other guys putting up a few, so peeps can get an idea what might be get played :thumbsup:

I may play one or more of these in Room 2

RICKY ALLEN - CUT YOU LOSE

GENE WILLIAMS - (WHAT EVER YOU DO) DO IT GOOD

SIR GUY - I NEED YOU BABY

DAMN SAM THE MIRACLE MAN

THE MIST - LIFE WALKED OUT

DORANDO PULLIAM - HOW I GOT OVER

AL DANNER - YOU ARE MY HAPPINESS

BLENDERS - TALE OF SADNESS

DYNAMIC CORVETTES - KEEP OFF THE GRASS

LOVE EXPERIENCE - ARE YOU TOGETHER FOR A NEW DAY

SWAN SILVERTONES - IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR GOD IS DEAD