Diferent Strokes.. New Manchester Club Night

The next May event for soul or nothing will be the last for a good while ( apart from our little back room at Radcliffe ) Gonna move onto a different venture and join up with another Manchester club night.. We will both cease our seperate events and come together on the 1st Saturday of the month.. A chance to bring many mates and lovers of many aspects of black music together under one roof.. A fluid night that can change each month depending on the guests.. With 2 rooms we have a chance to play so many different styles and tastes.... We have booked quality collector djs from all over the uk and beyond, putting the up and coming younger djs with the vintage ones that aint past a sell by date yet biggrin.gif .. Just 2 doors down from the where i started my Soul Or Nothing events on Lloyd St, it feels like coming home...

We have an upstairs location in 2 rooms with two dancefloors, seperate roof top terrace for smokers or those wanting to take a breather, the music will be piped out there also... 1 main bar and serving hatch into second room to avoid a build up, the club will also offer some drink promotions on certain beers..

We have the option of 4 double rooms on-suit with breakfast for djs or others stopping over, these would need to be booked well in advance as the take ups been very busy already..

Free street parking if any spaces, its the City center, NCP car parks close by.....

Always looking for future guests who play anything of the styles listed below.. Drop us a line, send a cd or brief play list maybe..

Full press release below...

Location Upstairs at the Nags Head.. Manchester....

Barefootin and Soul Or Nothing will come together for a new City Center club night.. 1st Saturday of the Month.. Launch date Sat 4th June... 2 rooms play a mix of Northern Soul/ Rare soul/Deep Funk/ Latin/RnB/club soul/ Ska/Reggae etc etc.. A full range of sounds in 2 rooms and under one roof..

Upstairs at the Nags Head... Entrance on Jacksons Row/ Loyd St off Deansgate Manchester.. 2 rooms with wooden dancefloors/ roof top terrace... for smokers with music makes this great venue... holds around 250/300..

It will run from 8pm to 2am.. £5 before 10pm £6 after..

Double rooms available also for guests/ djs to stay over.. £50 per room with breakfast.. 4 rooms available, if you want to stay then book early... limited free parking on the street outside or ncp car park/ 10 mins walk..

We will feature a whole range of guest djs from around the UK and beyond...

Resident djs...

Steve Cato

Matty Hill

Rich Penrith..

Young Tomas a up and coming collector dj that runs the Pork and Beans night in London.. Along with Phil T from Cumbria and 2 yorkshire boys with a real wealth and depth of collection... And Maxwell the one pint wonder from Manchester, :( bringing the gospel influenced soul/ funk tint..

Guest djs confirmed...

Wayne Dearman..

Phil T..

Craig Butler..

Tomas Solomon Mcgrath..

Maxwell..

Phil Wainwright..

All dates for the diary... and other confirmed guests... for the next few events... Big George.... Clanger... Southern Sam... Mace.. Roddy.. Rich the "Yorkshire bitch" Evans.. Azza... and more to come..

4th June.. Launch...

2nd July..

August 6th

Sept.. 3rd..

Oct 1st..

Nov 5th..

email... stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk.... Also find our group on facebook....

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will get along to as many of these as i can Steve.Sounds like a great venture and something for everyone.Azza

Indeed mate....

Plus a stepping stone for a younger crowd onto rare soul niters in the future ... Will look to support the more forward thinking all niters/ soul events and run transport/ mini bus to events...

Also work with other promoters and not against them... Important in my book.. .. Local or regional...

Working with the owner also in providing the best possible experience.. The Old nags head is one of the oldest pubs left in the City, still very traditional and independant...Just the way i like it...

Have look at the pub on the website from the rooms for hire to the layout..

The music policy in the pub is pretty much all soul too via cds, on all days and nights of the week.. The landlord Sean wants it that way.. :(

check the link below...

https://www.old-nags-head.co.uk/news.aspx

Indeed mate....

Plus a stepping stone for a younger crowd onto rare soul niters in the future ... Will look to support the more forward thinking all niters/ soul events and run transport/ mini bus to events...

Also work with other promoters and not against them... Important in my book.. ..  Local or regional...

Working with the owner also in providing the best possible experience.. The Old nags head is one of the oldest pubs left in the City, still very traditional and independant...Just the way i like it...

Have look at the pub on the website from the rooms for hire to the layout..

The music policy in the pub is pretty much all soul too via cds, on all days and nights of the week.. The landlord Sean wants it that way.. :(' />

check the link below...

https://www.old-nags-...co.uk/news.aspx

Good luck with this Steve. Always loved Lloyd Street for the breadth of music played in a single event it'll be good to see you back there. Unfortunately I'm occupied first Sat of the month otherwise I'd have been there to support you. Sorry to miss it really.

Ged

• 3 weeks later...

Matty the lurker ha ha.... Actually I think we should ask you to put up an intro seeing you have just started to contribute...what do you reckon Steve? :thumbsup:

New night looking good, just remember the headphones, middles....the usual suspects ha ha!

Guest RichEvans

Good luck with this Steve, Matty & Rich, not that you're going to need it!! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I have to work first thing Sunday morning so not looking on the cards for me sad.gif absolutely gutted as I know this is gonna' be another corker of a night in Manchester. Especially with the DJ line up!!!!

THIS WILL BE A BLINDING NIGHT! angry.gif:ohmy::lol:

Source Advert