Empty Bottles Leeds

Guest rosemary

Guest rosemary

Had another superb nightyes.gif, the music was hot, the atmosphere was hot, the people were hot and the room was too hotlaugh.gif......and the stairs were still too steeplaugh.gif.

Joan you played a fantastic spot......I am so glad it was 2 half hour spots cause my legs would have been even more f**kedlaugh.gif.

And a massive thank you to Derek, who turned up at 1amhuh.gif, and brought me home via a massive detour around Leedslaugh.gif

So thank you Rich & Co for putting this night on and make an older woman very happybiggrin.gif

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Let's face it, a lot of the messages on here leading up to events and those posted after are often a little bland, sometimes trite, and occasionally sycophantic.

But let me tell you, all the plaudits that this event receives are all thoroughly deserved. Rich and the guys have pulled together a brilliant soul night. They've got a great attitude, they've found an exceedingly appropriate little venue, they treat their fellow soulies (and I assume DJs) with respect and friendship, they've constructed a music policy that is at times exciting, certainly varied, and never banal. The crowd is a mixture of young and old, that when I first contemplated going to Empty Bottles thought might pose a problem, but not so, they are as welcoming and warm as the promoters.

This is by far my favourite soul night at the moment. It's not a massive place, but the sense of inclusion and intimacy this brings to the night is totally positive, not negative.

I suggested to Rich and Georgina that me and Kate would take them to the Ritz in Brighouse next week. You couldn't get a more different soul night. And although I do enjoy the Ritz, I know which soul night I'm going to next that I'm looking forward to the most. And if you haven't worked out which one, it's on 9 September, in a sweaty little club in Leeds.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work.

We must get ourselves up to this event i am sure it has the making,i copt Riches spot at Rugby a few months back,i may of even stroked my chin a few times.Any chance of some playlists posted on here.Gilly and Nicola.Thank-you

Hi Rosemerry & Pudsoul.

Thanks for the positive feedback - very much appreciated!

The music and the venue only play a part in making the Empty Bottles Mojo... Its people like you both (and lots of others!) who make the night special.

So a big, big thanks to all who came and made last night so good.

Big thanks to Jumpin Joan and Clanger who both brought something a bit special to the night.

September is gonna be a bit tasty too.

Gaz

Guest RichEvans

Another hot, sweaty, busy night in Santiago's, which for me was the best yet.

First of all I'd like to thank our quality guest Djs Joan & Clanger for fantastic spots. Clanger played two great sets of mainly funky dancers that kept everyone on their toes and the place buzzing. Joan treated us to her usual mix of soulful dancers aimed directly at the dancefloor which were right up my street personally, have to say she's one of my favourite Djs at the moment. Exactly why both of them were booked, absolutely spot on. :yes:

Massive thanks to everyone who came down, the mix of crowd was perfect for me, which created a quality atmosphere and a friendly vibe with most people in great spirits and the usual party mood!

Left my records at Eddies so not sure of a complete playlist but here's a few off the top of my head to give you an idea of my plays -

Adventurers - Nobody can save me - Blue Rock

The Soul Twins - She's the one - Back Beat

Lee Brackett - Ruby - Excello

Danny Woods - You Had me fooled - Correctone

Carol Anderson - Taking my mind off love - Whip

Clark Bridges - Foxy - CJ

Shirley Wahls - Because I love you - Calla

Lanny Hunt - Suzy Q - Panorama

Sonny Harris - The Vibration - San el

Pattie Lenoir - Try it you'll like it - CJ

Big Jay Bush - Funky Horns - Vangee (ta Callum! sounded mint)

Eddie and Gaz complimented the guests with some great spots with a good dose of RnB & Soul with a few quality underplayed oldies thrown in. In the main great Rhythm & Soul dancers. Not as much latin played compared to the previous two nights but Eddie's Isonics seemed to take the roof off the place!

Was nice to not have to worry about the soundsystem for once, thanks to Jay Cee for the PA system sounded bang on all night.

We really are getting a great group of regulars who really do make the atmosphere of Empty Bottles, massive thanks again. Too many to mention :thumbsup:

Not saying this night is for everyone but it seems the people who do enjoy it are coming back and the crowd & buzz keeps building.

As Gaz has mentioned the next one is shaping up nicely in September when we have Roger Banks (everywhere!), Tony Hatfield (York Soul Club), and Tomas Mcgrath from London's Pork & Beans soul club. Hopefully be another good en' :thumbsup:

Looking foward to seeing everyone about soon, no doubt aload of you at Burnley next week!

And Sept 9th with Banks, Hatfield and Mcgrath!!!!

Ta,

Rich smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by RichEvans

Another hot, sweaty, busy night in Santiago's, which for me was the best yet.

First of all I'd like to thank our quality guest Djs Joan & Clanger for fantastic spots. Clanger played two great sets of mainly funky dancers that kept everyone on their toes and the place buzzing. Joan treated us to her usual mix of soulful dancers aimed directly at the dancefloor which were right up my street personally, have to say she's one of my favourite Djs at the moment. Exactly why both of them were booked, absolutely spot on. :P

Massive thanks to everyone who came down, the mix of crowd was perfect for me, which created a quality atmosphere and a friendly vibe with most people in great spirits and the usual party mood!

Left my records at Eddies so not sure of a complete playlist but here's a few off the top of my head to give you an idea of my plays -

Adventurers - Nobody can save me - Blue Rock

The Soul Twins - She's the one - Back Beat

Lee Brackett - Ruby - Excello

Danny Woods - You Had me fooled - Correctone

Carol Anderson - Taking my mind off love - Whip

Shirley Wahls - Because I love you - Calla

Lanny Hunt - Suzy Q - Panorama

Sonny Harris - The Vibration - San el

Pattie Lenoir - Try it you'll like it - CJ

Big Jay Bush - Funky Horns - Vangee (ta Callum! sounded mint)

Eddie and Gaz complimented the guests with some great spots with a good dose of RnB & Soul with a few quality underplayed oldies thrown in. In the main great Rhythm & Soul dancers. Not as much latin played compared to the previous two nights but Eddie's Isonics seemed to take the roof off the place!

Was nice to not have to worry about the soundsystem for once, thanks to Jay Cee for the PA system sounded bang on all night.

We really are getting a great group of regulars who really do make the atmosphere of Empty Bottles, massive thanks again. Too many to mention :thumbup:

Not saying this night is for everyone but it seems the people who do enjoy it are coming back and the crowd & buzz keeps building.

As Gaz has mentioned the next one is shaping up nicely in September when we have Roger Banks (everywhere!), Tony Hatfield (York Soul Club), and Tomas Mcgrath from London's Pork & Beans soul club. Hopefully be another good en' :no:

Looking foward to seeing everyone about soon, no doubt aload of you at Burnley next week!

Ta,

Rich :g::D:unsure:

Yo Guys,

I had a fabulous night. You are really re-writting the rule book. Educated to many a new tune, met up some great friends (Cockney Steve, Andy Charles, Trevski, Azza etc), talked about clothes and tailors and danced to quality tunes. Jumping Joan and Clanger definitely brought their own signature to the EB branding making it a banging mix of soul and all related genres. Complimented Rich, Gaz and Eddies sets.

Keep it going boys and will see ya soon.

KTF,

Jay

Went up from the midlands with mates Jock and Pete and had a great time

Great to meet up with Steve Hiscock, couldnt believe it was over 12 months since we'd last see each other

Had to leave fairly early about 1:30 as I had stuff on on saturday morning, but definately be back yes.gif

Guest clanger v2

A little bit late, but after the weekend I had, you'll forgive me I'm sure.....!

What a great night I had, really enjoyed the whole vibe that Empty Bottles has, from the venue to the fantastic sound system!

Will definitely be back for more of the same. Fantastic night!

Some of my plays from the top of my head....

• Eddie Jasper Day & the 4 Bars - Lean On Me - Dayco
  • John Roberts - I'll Forget You - Duke
  • Lenny Williams - I Couldn't Find Nobody - Fantasy
  • John Wesley - Love Is Such A Funny Thing - Melic
  • Lil Gray - Are You Foolin - Jerma
  • Eddie Jackson - Memories Of A Dream - Brewtown
  • Willie James - Stand Up For Your Rights - Unity
  • King Earnest - Soul Stroke - Sonic
  • Jamie Coe - Cleopatra - Big Top
  • Andre Williams - You Got It And I Want It - Ric Tic
  • The Tornadoes - Wont You Forgive - Magic Touch
  • Betty Wright - Mr Lucky - Solid Soul
  • Bobby Thomas & the Afros - Please Mr Lovemaker - Lyndell

Hope you enjoyed them......I certainly did!

Edited by clanger v2

Source Advert