Bradford Rarer & Underplayed Night 13.8.11

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Thanks everyone for last night, I loved it all, the people, the music, the atmosphere, one of the best nights we've had at EBUC

More later...

Still bleary eyed from last night,great music from start to finish,great double deck set from tony mac and col taylor,soul blenders sounded the business,followed by two of the residents from "empty bottles" soul club in leeds Rich Evans and Eddie Wainwright with an ecclectic mix of funk edged dancers,northern classics and R&B,grey imprint "do you get the message" the record of the night for me.

Looking forward to next month's big celebrations

Still bleary eyed from last night,great music from start to finish,great double deck set from tony mac and col taylor,soul blenders sounded the business,followed by two of the residents from "empty bottles" soul club in leeds Rich Evans and Eddie Wainwright with an ecclectic mix of funk edged dancers,northern classics and R&B,grey imprint "do you get the message" the record of the night for me.

Looking forward to next month's big celebrations

yep great night as per at EB, some great sets lotsa tunes i'd never heard, two that stuck out for me was Big Jay - Funky Horns and an rnb cracker from Eddie...The Fads.

Looking forward to next month

Paul

Top,top night from walking in the door to leaving which was a lot later then planned due Tony & Col playing a blinding end set.Thought all the dj's brought something different to the decks which makes for such a varied exciting night,you never know what's coming next,it's brilliant!!! I'm sorry to say........well I'm not really,for me the old man (Howard Earnshaw) just sneaked record of the night with Sam Ambrose-Welcome To Dreamsville which I've not heard for ages & it sounded brilliant.A very close second was Eddie's Grey Imprint which still sounds the biz to me & that was closely followed by Rich's Vicki Britton which was new to me & a bit of a mover for the younger element,bit fast for these old legs I'm afraid but fun watching those who could :yes:

Bring on September for a birthday bash to remember.........now remind me who's is it again :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Thought the late finish worked quite well,still enough there at the end to make it worth another go I would think?

PPS One that needs adding to the record played list..........Tony's Lee Brackett-Ruby,even with a bit of atmosphere on the run in :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul

Thanks everyone for last night, I loved it all, the people, the music, the atmosphere, one of the best nights we've had at EBUC

More later...

Great night Paul, some top tunes played and great company as usual!!! :yes: Thanks to everyone for the birthday tipples :rofl: Even had time to get our picture taken on the way home :( see you next time :thumbsup::wave:

Edited by mrtag

Told you last night Paul that was the best mix of dj's i've heard at EBUC. :thumbsup:

Agree with above Tony n Col superb spot, but then i'm biased. :P

I was blown away with Eddie Wainwright and Rich Evans spots and will definately get myself down to Empty Bottles if thats the kind of music thats played. :hatsoff2:

So well done all dj's and :hatsoff2: to Paul for running one of the best Soul nights around. Looking forward to your birthday bash Paul see you soon.

Ive just been to pack all the stuff away...what a tip that room is! looks like a talcum powder party bomb went off....lol

Who stole all the balloons? I was gonna stash them and re-use for September's party night !

The management are very pleased with the turn out and response to the 3am finish, so things are looking good for more of the same, thanks again everyone for attending.

Great night Paul, some top tunes played and great company as usual!!! :yes: Thanks to everyone for the birthday tipples :rofl: Even had time to get our picture taken on the way home :( see you next time :thumbsup::wave:

Had our picture taken on the way home too & I bet it was by the same sneaky camera, but the fact that we'd had such a good night at Bradford helped to soften the blow. Really enjoyed our first time at the club, from walking in through the door there was a real friendly atmosphere & we were made to feel very welcome. Music was top notch, heard some good tunes that were new to us & must say we were well impressed with Rich Evans spot, first time we've had the pleasure of hearing the lad :thumbsup:

Thanks for a great night, we'll deffo be back

Mick & Chris

Edited by pat and cat

(hope you sold more than me paul )

Yep, I sold a few bits...but I am going to buy a couple of angle lamps for the next event, its too dark without any table lighting and too bright with the wall lamps switched on

Hopefully it will help with vinyl sales for those sat further down the sales tables

atb

paul

Brilliant night yet again,good to see some younger faces,great mix of sounds,good to see John still celebrating his birthday,one of the more progressive nights around,looking forward to the birthday party next month.Well done Paul & Rosemary (hope you sold more than me paul )

Yep, these are the type of nights that make it all worth while, hearing a few you don't know, a few you do and a coupla surprises dropped in , thinking 4 Tops here, sounded just right :yes: . Who'da thowt it??

ATB

Tony

Yep, these are the type of nights that make it all worth while, hearing a few you don't know, a few you do and a coupla surprises dropped in , thinking 4 Tops here, sounded just right :yes: . Who'da thowt it??

ATB

Tony

Tony

Thanks for noticing it mate!

For me, that's what its all about, the music, the great & often underplayed quality cheapies mixed in alongside the rarer stuff...and didnt it sound good on that system!

simples...

Guest RichEvans

Top night at EBUC as per..... music, atmosphere and the people all on top form. Never heard Tony & Col play before and really enjoyed their double decking sets.

3AM finish worked really well, with dancefloor busy up until the last tune, Johnny Mccall, what an ender!

Mad busy this week but will post my playlist if I get chance, hats off Paul, great night :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

Guest coltaylor1

well what can you say a briliant night as usuall music and dj top notch and what a fantastic crowd

Good news about the late finnish paul hope it contiues

Had our picture taken on the way home too & I bet it was by the same sneaky camera, but the fact that we'd had such a good night at Bradford helped to soften the blow. Really enjoyed our first time at the club, from walking in through the door there was a real friendly atmosphere & we were made to feel very welcome. Music was top notch, heard some good tunes that were new to us & must say we were well impressed with Rich Evans spot, first time we've had the pleasure of hearing the lad :thumbsup:

Thanks for a great night, we'll deffo be back

Mick & Chris

Soz to hear about the speed camera, they seem to be everywhere these days!

Really glad you enjoyed your first visit to EBUC and hope to see you all again!

Thanks for the feedback...

cheers

Paul

Had a top time on Saturday night.

Can't believe I've not been to this event before! Definitely been missin out.

Great sized venue for what it is, good dancefloor and very reasonable bar prices :-)

enjoyed majority of the music on the night. From the moment we walked in to when we left, great stuff. Grey Imprints from Eddie got tune of the night but some top stuff played. I actually really enjoyed some of the 'traditional' northern, which of late I've found a bit boring on the ear. So thanks to Paul and co for re-igniting and refreshing my liking to that. Came away from there wanting to hear more again.

Great concept for a soul night, and well executed. Well done to all involved.

Azza

Guest rosemary

Had a fab night (as always) at EBUC, almost made the late finish :D

Thank you Rosie for making sure the taxi picked me up :yes:

Hi Nancy

you only just got the taxi though.......we had to stand in the middle of the road and wave our arms in the air :lol:

Glad you had a good night, it was lovely seeing you :)

Here is a youtube vid with some pics from the June & Aug events

Thanks to all the people who support the brilliant nights we have at EBUC, you make it so special !

The next one is Sept 10th, another 3am finish, its also my 50th birthday bash, hope to see you there, more great guest DJs to keep the playlists fresh

cheers

Paul

Source Advert