• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

on the afrofilipino lp ..........well worth pickin up for hey girl as well

dave

Jesus Dave is it ???...Bloody hell, have that album twice on USA Salsoul LP and on an Israeli Epic LP................What is wrong with me...

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I heard Russ Vickers play it down at the Monumental weekender, it was the best tune of the weekend for me, i have listened to all the Joe Bataan LP's i have, i can't believe it didn't register.........

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Mike, yes I listened to LP take when I realised I already had it, but I felt it didn't work, anyway any one got the 45' to sell me ?, and did it get a Salsoul 45' release ?

Social source share

is it louder punchier in the way because its a 45 and the fidelity is always louder than an lp or is it a remix of some sort... dosent say its been remixed on the 45..i wont be able to check til the weekend as i`m of to london today

ps.. there is a copy on gemm but its a ridiculous price

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

that can't be the 45 version, at least not the one I got. Much faster (could be pitched I guess), but also has horns instead of keys.

as for Salsoul, you can se the Salsoul logo included in the lower left hand side of the label of the 45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIOxkhYmzzk

Only clip I could locate, this one with the horns, and at the tempo is it was recorded at, this is the version I have on Epic 45. Not sure what that version I posted above was, should have checked first I guess, but wasn't aware there were others?

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Just checked the LP its 4.32 long, i played the LP last night and it didn't hit me the way the 45' did when i heard it out, then again big superb sound system, is there much difference, i can't tell with the the latest clip posted. I've heard it that much now in the last day, i'm sick to the back teeth with it....

Ps. checked my salsoul discography no mention of it released on that label ?

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIOxkhYmzzk

Only clip I could locate, this one with the horns, and at the tempo is it was recorded at, this is the version I have on Epic 45. Not sure what that version I posted above was, should have checked first I guess, but wasn't aware there were others?

This is the one I have, but there might be two 45s versions? Cos the label one on the first video does not look like the epic I have...

Social source share

Guest eddiep

The first you tube clip mp3 must be from the LP cos the second you tube clip was from me.

The quality of the recording was not the best because it was done on my phone as an experiment in uploading to you tube but it was recorded at the right speed if anyone is interested.

Below are the label scan from my copy so should be clearer to see.

Tried uploading the mp3 too but just not having it i'm afraid.

post-9122-0-37488700-1313442872_thumb.jp

All the best,

Eddie

Social source share

Source Advert