Rodd Keith - How Many Versions With Same Backing Track?

grant

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's a strange documentary on Youtube about the song-poem industry that tells you about Rodd Keith. They talk to his son and there's some pictures of him. Real name is Rodney Keith Eskelin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqn-I5u1MY&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1

forward it to 31.38 minutes in.

"Like the lord said" is one of the worst tracks i've ever heard played on the scene.

Edited by alan t
Social source share

There's a strange documentary on Youtube about the song-poem industry that tells you about Rodd Keith. They talk to his son and there's some pictures of him. Real name is Rodney Keith Eskelin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqn-I5u1MY&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1

forward it to 31.38 minutes in.

"Like the lord said" is one of the worst tracks i've ever heard played on the scene.

I can think of hundreds worse mate but that wasnt the question, good video, thanks

Social source share

Another one with the infamous backing utilised by Rodd is called, 'If You Don't Dig Rock'n'Roll', but I can't find it in the label listing...defo exists as I had one!

Have kept my 'Like The Lord Said'...Stafford anthem, charismatic, dance floor delight!

:thumbup:

Thats a new one on me Dave, interesting, I would guess 'Like The Lord Said' is the toughest of them all, quite often see 'Gloria' up for sale

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/index.php/rarest-of-the-rare/R/6

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

the preview label has at least four different releases that utilise the same backing tracks, although they are not that evident on first hearing- a most interesting label and a full investigation would throw up some interesting facts

p.s. i never liked like the lord said. gloria is better for me. but 'stop this pain in my heart' is better than the lot except a female stormer which is/has been covered up for a while-also theres a female track by a lady named suzy something (rodd on flip) that i remember as mid tempo and classy

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

just looked at that link-WOW- rodd is a superstar

anyone got soundbites of all that stuff??????

anyone got any l.p's??????

plus i cant find the afore mentioned cover up there-although could have missed it in the sheer numbers of releases

again WOW

Social source share

the preview label has at least four different releases that utilise the same backing tracks

...snip...

a female stormer which is/has been covered up for a while-also theres a female track by a lady named suzy something (rodd on flip) that i remember as mid tempo and classy

Bonnie Grahams, 'Come On Strong' is quite good Northern...maybe this is the one you are referring to?

Also, 'She Loves Like Crazy' is another decent enough Northern effort from Rodd, which also shares the same backing track as this aweful song from him as well...'Do The Pig'!

I've had the 'pleasure' of playing through quite a few on Preview...ouch! :facepalm:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Bonnie Grahams, 'Come On Strong' is quite good Northern...maybe this is the one you are referring to?

Also, 'She Loves Like Crazy' is another decent enough Northern effort from Rodd, which also shares the same backing track as this aweful song from him as well...'Do The Pig'!

I've had the 'pleasure' of playing through quite a few on Preview...ouch! :facepalm:

its come to me , i think heres a scan on the link above. deff bonnie graham but "i confess"- its a stormer and there is also another item with the same backing on the link . sold one" i confess "for a three figure sum x3 on ebay last year- buy it now too

cant play do the pig because my computer has decided to not admit to having a sound playback device all of a sudden (any ideas there?)

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

cant play do the pig because my computer has decided to not admit to having a sound playback device all of a sudden (any ideas there?)

It's developed taste?

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

It's developed taste?

wish i could crash and develope taste

maybe this is the way forward for all d.js to go through a regular reset, with all the info needed to keep the scene progressive

:lol::thumbsup:

Edited by enchantedrythm
Social source share

'She Loves Like Crazy' is another decent enough Northern effort from Rodd, which also shares the same backing track as this aweful song from him as well...'Do The Pig'!

And also "She's Leaving Me" is the same as "Pig" - I remember atleast one other - could be "SLLC"

Social source share

Certainly better than "Pig" - I'm sure its on JM's Rarest Of Rare section - Yes it is -

Thanks Mick.

The lyrics and vocal performance of, 'She Loves Like Crazy' are far superior.

Guess it usually took Rodd three or four attempts to get the match up of backing track, lyrics and vocal performance to our liking!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert