7.00pm - 12.00pm

Have yourself a SOULFUL Christmas!

More info: Paul 0780 3133782

An ideal meeting point for any Soul Sourcers in the vicinity

Well had to get this pushed to the top of the page

hope to see a lot of you there

Al H :thumbsup:

case of like a kid with a new toy :rolleyes:

Mike, I feel honoured that Boogaloo soul was used as the launching pad for this new, innovative and pretty useful tool. It now means that no one has the excuse "I couldn't find you so I went home, instead". Pure genius :shhh: . Only problem now is to get the full postcode of this event. Paul, the balls in your court. My work here is done.

Warren Boogaloo SE10 9TX (not sure about the new name, uhmmm might catch on)

• 2 weeks later...

Some of London's Soul Clubs past and present have joined forces to bring you:

SANTA'S SOUL PARTY

In conjunction with New Chapter on the ground floor

A NORTHERN SOUL Xmas Knees-up

on

Wednesday 7th December

@

Night Moves,

145 Shoreditch High Street

London, E1

Basement Bar with Wooden dance floor

DJs Jo Wallace, Alan H, Paul McKay, Warren & Mac

Entrance Free!

7.00pm - 12.00pm

Any chance of postponing this til Thursday? :( It's just that I'm on lates Wednesday, but me days off this week are Thursday & Friday............No? Oh well just thought I'd ask. :(

Hope it goes well. :huh:

Any chance of postponing this til Thursday? :thumbsup:

No :ohmy: - I have one of many Xmas Parties that night (and a decent free dinner always frees up funds for the vinyl budget..er, i mean prezzie shopping :ohmy: )

Will try my best to get down - throat playing up after the weekend niter. Anyone going down early or meeting somewhere for drinks first that doesn't mind a tag-a-long? (I'm seconded in the city at the moment and don't fancy hanging round with the suits that long.)

m

SANTA'S SOUL PARTY

on

Wednesday 7th December

@

Night Moves,

London, E1

Entrance Free!

7.00pm - 12.00pm

Hope to see you there.
Guest glocky478

SANTA'S SOUL PARTY

on

Wednesday 7th December

@

Night Moves,

London, E1

Entrance Free!

7.00pm - 12.00pm

See you all there!

No :D - I have one of many Xmas Parties that night (and a decent free dinner always frees up funds for the vinyl budget..er, i mean prezzie shopping :D )

Will try my best to get down - throat playing up after the weekend niter. Anyone going down early or meeting somewhere for drinks first that doesn't mind a tag-a-long? (I'm seconded in the city at the moment and don't fancy hanging round with the suits that long.)

m

I finish work at 6 Maria, so drop me a mail if you want to meet up with Helen & I otherwise I'll be there from about 6.15.

Paul

Hope to see you there.

Ah Dolly. Glad you've let me know I can bring your :D , thumbsup.gif , :D

Well the odd drink would be nice for the DJs!

Drat....I'm on antibiotic's until Thursday (toothache) :) & Martin in the chair :(

Nevermind there's always the 14th :)

Hope to see you there :) Looking forward to a great night & I get to dance at the end cos Paul's closing the show :) At least I won't have to pack my Britney this month :) (In joke for SITC DJ's)

Drat....I'm on antibiotic's until Thursday (toothache) :( & Martin in the chair :(

Nevermind there's always the 14th :D

Hope to see you there :D Looking forward to a great night & I get to dance at the end cos Paul's closing the show :( At least I won't have to pack my Britney this month :D (In joke for SITC DJ's)

Antibiotics with an apostrophe, uhmmmm. The plot thickens. See you later, young man.

Warren 'pedantic' Boogaloo

I thought you meant someone to look after Dave whistling.gif

Ahem..I came on here with all good intentions of wishing you a great night and wish i could be there; until i read that :P

Still as i am here i wish you a great night and wish i could be there :( but off to Afrtica friday and not much time left for me to get into maximum faffing mode :D

Well I must have enjoyed the Xmas Knees Up as I feel wrecked today. Danced a lot and don't I know it, right foot in pain.

It was a great night and it was free (even better), nice to see it full, and so many of my friends. Thanks to Warren, Mac and Jo for playing my requests. As I am rather partial to some 70s music it was good to hear quite a lot played. Liked that Thelma Houston Saturday Night Sunday Morning Jo played, very nice. Also loved dancing to The Time Is Right For Love, what a record.

I only managed to pop up to A New Chapter a couple of times, liked what I heard, but the Northern downstairs just made me want to dance, dance, dance.

I hope the fact that there were a lot of people there is a good sign for the future, things have been a bit quiet in some NS clubs of late. Hope it's not just the fact that it was a freebie and it is just before Christmas.

Well done and thanks to all concerned.

Well Alan H's Night Nurse failed to get him out of his sick bed but Jo, Warren & Mac more than compensated for his absence. Get well soon mate!

What a great pleasure to organise a do and have a great turn out of like minded soulies determined to have a good time. Lots of friendly happy, smiling faces and one or two who travelled a fair distance (Eastbourne) for this Wednesday night extravaganza. A few non soulie friends came along with some of our SITC regulars and swiftly enetered into the spirit of things and had a grand night dancing their socks off.

Many thanks to my fellow DJs for giving their time for free and for playing some terrific tunes. I won't bother listing the tunes I played in my closing set but I've had one or two people asking me to post the records played early on. Not really aimed at the dance floor and so mainly midtempo and not necessarily in order.

6.45 - 7.30

Ambassadors - Good love gone bad - Atlantic DJ

Brenda Holloway - How many times did you mean it - Tamla

Capitols - Hello stranger - UK Atlantic

Barbara McNair - It was never like this - Warner Bros

Robert Parker - I caught you in a lie - Nola

Bobby Reed - You are - Brunswick DJ

Barbara lewis - Think a little sugar - Atlantic DJ

Flirtations - Settle down - Festival DJ

Maxine Brown - Don't leave me baby - Epic Promo LP

Freddy Butler - That's when I need you - Kapp LP

Dee Edwards - You say you love me - Tuba

Big Frank & Essences - I won't let her see me cry - Philips

Porgy & Monarchs - That's my girl - Verve DJ

Eddie Holman - Eddie's my name - Parkway

Thanks again everybody for a great night. And who knows we may do it again sometime.

Guest vinylvixen

Thanks very much :yes: only joking.......... ohmy.gifohmy.gif twas lovely to see you down there last night and big thanks to all who attended. Those who didn't - you missed a great night :yes: Jo

If Alan can't make it let me know so I can stay home...... I've heard yours and Mac's stuff already
yes.gif

Guest vinylvixen

Twas a great night....thanks Paul Mac Warren and Jo......... like Geoff I was very stiff this morning blush.gif

Yes, well, Martin - thank you for sharing that information - but were you tired from dancing though? :lol: Soul Music - reaches the parts other music doesn't.......... whistling.gif

Source Advert