Westbound - The Magictones - Happy Days

45cellar

Just bought a second copy of this and to my surprise it has the ARCHER STAMP on the "A Side" whereas my Existing copy has the ARCHER STAMP on the "B Side".

The Labels are Identical and both sides play as the Label suggests, however the Deadwax has also been altered.

I wonder if this was a simple mistake, or was "HAPPY DAYS" ever considered as the A SIDE.

WESTBOUND_W-145-B-1_ARCHER.jpgARCHER STAMP

This copy has "W-145-A" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "HAPPY DAYS" (B SIDE) ARCHER STAMP

"W-145-B" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "Trying Real Hard" (A SIDE)

WESTBOUND_W-145-A-1.jpgWESTBOUND_W-145-B-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The copy below has "W-145-B" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "HAPPY DAYS" (B SIDE)

The Matrix as above Looks like they altered the A to B by scratching across the bottom of the A

"W-145-B A" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "Trying Real Hard" (A SIDE) ARCHER STAMP

WESTBOUND_W-145-A.jpgWESTBOUND_W-145-B.jpg

WESTBOUND_W-145-A_ARCHER.jpg ARCHER STAMP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the B SIDE on the later number too.

Westbound_W-180a_DJ.jpgWestbound_W-180b_DJ.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks, I wonder how they managed to swap sides with the ARCHER Stamp.

I always thought that it was on the MASTER PLATE along with the other Details.

WESTBOUND_W-144-A.jpgWESTBOUND_W-144-B.jpg

This one has the ARCHER Stamp on the "A Side" too.

Hi Roger

No wonder it wasn't a huge hit (although the Carl Carlton version did OK I believe). Look at the title!

"I Don't Know How (To Say I Love You) Don't Walk Away" :lol: :lol: Snappy or what!

I have some more info on a ZTSC copy of the above rather than Archer stamped (I have both) and also two releases of the same on the original local Dynamics label when I can get round to it. The title and label print on the two Dynamics presses is different - one not quite as confusing as the above.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Just bought a second copy of this and to my surprise it has the ARCHER STAMP on the "A Side" whereas my Existing copy has the ARCHER STAMP on the "B Side".

The Labels are Identical and both sides play as the Label suggests, however the Deadwax has also been altered.

I wonder if this was a simple mistake, or was "HAPPY DAYS" ever considered as the A SIDE.

WESTBOUND_W-145-B-1_ARCHER.jpg ARCHER STAMP

This copy has "W-145-A" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "HAPPY DAYS" (B SIDE) ARCHER STAMP

"W-145-B" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "Trying Real Hard" (A SIDE)

WESTBOUND_W-145-A-1.jpgWESTBOUND_W-145-B-1.jpg

The copy below has "W-145-B" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "HAPPY DAYS" (B SIDE)

The Matrix as above Looks like they altered the A to B by scratching across the bottom of the A

"W-145-B A" Scratched in the DEADWAX on the "Trying Real Hard" (A SIDE) ARCHER STAMP

WESTBOUND_W-145-A.jpgWESTBOUND_W-145-B.jpg

WESTBOUND_W-145-A_ARCHER.jpgARCHER STAMP

It was the B SIDE on the later number too.

Westbound_W-180a_DJ.jpgWestbound_W-180b_DJ.jpg

mine also has the archer stamp on the "happy days" side

Social source share

mine also has the archer stamp on the "happy days" side

I don't know how many copies of each, or which if any may be rarer.

Strange isn't it, that the Matrix has "HAPPY DAYS" as the A SIDE & the flip Deadwax Matrix as the B SIDE

It would appear that they went to a considerable amount of trouble to correct this.

Social source share

I don't know how many copies of each, or which if any may be rarer.

Strange isn't it, that the Matrix has "HAPPY DAYS" as the A SIDE & the flip Deadwax Matrix as the B SIDE

It would appear that they went to a considerable amount of trouble to correct this.

hi roger. while the happy days deadwax matrix is the same as the record no. the lonely in a crowd reads 1016a and b when the record no is w144a/b. im not too clued up on matrices . why would they do that?

Social source share

hi roger. while the happy days deadwax matrix is the same as the record no. the lonely in a crowd reads 1016a and b when the record no is w144a/b. im not too clued up on matrices . why would they do that?

That's probs coz the stamper for Dynamics release (1016) was re-used for the re issue on Westbound

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

I'm rather interested in who the first listed producers Paul and Doc were. Surely not Armen and Bernie who are listed on the second label, perhaps writers and possibly? group members Stephenson & Willis who are listed on the second label. Recorded in Canada too eh (and only Happy Days and presumably Trying Real Hard and not I've Changed), anyone know about that?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert