Chuck Henley On Coach

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Just after some background on Chuck Henley - Broken Heart - Coach

I'd not heard this before Chalky played on Mark Bicknell's radio show and was wondering who played it first, when and where? Think I remember Chalky saying, on the show, it'd been 'known' since the '80s so was it one of those Stafford sounds that got swamped under the sheer weight of 'new' discoveries or was it just known and never played.

Can Chalky or anyone help? :wave:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just after some background on Chuck Henley - Broken Heart - Coach

I'd not heard this before Chalky played on Mark Bicknell's radio show and was wondering who played it first, when and where? Think I remember Chalky saying, on the show, it'd been 'known' since the '80s so was it one of those Stafford sounds that got swamped under the sheer weight of 'new' discoveries or was it just known and never played.

Can Chalky or anyone help? :wave:

I'm pretty sure Keb had it at then, don't remember him playing it though, got one off Pete Lawson for £15 87/88??

Hope that is of some use Gary.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

This has been played on and off since Stafford. Who was responsible for it then, I don't know. Andy Dyson has certainly played both sides out over the years (the other side is a great slowie).

It's quite a hard record to obtain in decent nick. Most copies I've ever seen are really knackered-looking and seem to have had a collision with a pot of yellow modelling-paint.

A great record, and due a revival. I've spun it a couple of times at Soul or Nothing in Manchester in the last year. Proper, manic Northern with tons of soul.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

This has been played on and off since Stafford. Who was responsible for it then, I don't know. Andy Dyson has certainly played both sides out over the years (the other side is a great slowie).

It's quite a hard record to obtain in decent nick. Most copies I've ever seen are really knackered-looking and seem to have had a collision with a pot of yellow modelling-paint.

A great record, and due a revival. I've spun it a couple of times at Soul or Nothing in Manchester in the last year. Proper, manic Northern with tons of soul.

I've alos played it at Lifeline and Soultown niters, also the Leeds all-dayer. Will be getting some turntable action over Christmas period no doubt too :wave::wave: Andy did have a spare, dunno if still there.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I'm pretty sure Keb had it at then, don't remember him playing it though, got one off Pete Lawson for £15 87/88??

Hope that is of some use Gary.

Bloody hell wish I'd kept a few of the things I had then for £15 :wave:

Social source share

I was spinning it in the mid 80,s and sold Pete Lawson a copy for £25

which i never got paid for as usual with Pete, pricewise these days

I sold Phil Wainwright a copy several months back for £100 great 45 !!!

Cheap, I'd say at least double that now....specially for one in good nick.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I was spinning it in the mid 80,s and sold Pete Lawson a copy for £25

which i never got paid for as usual with Pete, pricewise these days

I sold Phil Wainwright a copy several months back for £100 great 45 !!!

Seems I've missed out there then! Would certainly pay that for it these days.

I've alos played it at Lifeline and Soultown niters, also the Leeds all-dayer. Will be getting some turntable action over Christmas period no doubt too :wave::wave: Andy did have a spare, dunno if still there.

Had a look on Andy's site today and didn't see it so I guess it's gone.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

don't think i know this, anyone able to put a soundfile up? :wave:

I also rate this at around the £200 mark (at least) getting a good condition one is the problem. I think I've had 4 copies each getting better in condition I think I still have a spare somewhere just waiting for it to take off again. Not technical enough to add a sound file Dan sorry but I guess it'd be right up your street. May get a spin in the rare room on Saturday :wave: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert