News: This Summers Modern Soul Anthem - Out Today

Cunnie

• Replies 66
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Cracking track on Najees new album featuring Phill Perry Just to fall in love. Just perfect for the modern rooms (prob being played allready). Me thinks this will be a dance floor filler this summer :thumbsup:

Cheers Pete.

Your right................. already been played

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Wanted to ressurect this thread - is the R Kelly still download only & is there any news of a CD/Vinyl release.

Any other new/recent releases of note worth mentioning.......

Best Russ

I may be behind on this one but i realy like "Steppin all over me" from the Slim Moore & the Mar-Kays LP on Vinyl other very nice tracks on it also.

Steve J

Social source share

....and this.....

Sh*t the f*ckin bed.........now that is seriously good.......wow thank you for posting, I really do appreciate this kinda thing being posted up - I collect across all decades & genres & sometimes find it difficult to keep on top of the good new releases, some of the tunes posted in this thread have really helped me realise agian just what good soul music is still being produced today !!!. The Lee Fields is a MASTERPIECE & could be ramming any dance floor from NS, MS or where ever.......I'm inspired !!!

Thank you

Russ

Social source share

....and this.....

The more I listen to this, the more I realise its a real modern day anthem, my copy of the 45 & the LP are winging there way as we speak & this sucka is gonna get some hammer at Deep South on Easter Saturday...it'll take the roof off the WI Club, played thru that monstrous Maka Sound System.....I'm getting goose bumps already thinking about it :lol: .

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

duplicate post. Can't remember how to embed a you tube clip

site

dave

just hit the share botton on the youtube page

and paste the url that shows straight into post

eg

https://youtu.be/9xSk4KhGJww[/CODE]

Edited by mike
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Thanks everyone, brilliant. I have the Najee & Phil Perry, but will investigate the other tracks. Keep em coming - there seems to be some good stuff about right now - not just the insipid R & B or poor Soulful House........proper good soul music with a dance beat !.

Best Russ

Russ a quick and regular trawl of Fish's site will give you much of what you need to know. SOundclips too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest soulcamper

Yeah I've been waiting & waiting for a trad vinyl release on the R Kelly track.....looks like his record (Sic) company dont see any benefit in releasing a 'tactile' format of the single shame - because it would open him up to a wider audience.......which is surely what it is all about.....

This has prob been mentioned already but this is a nice recent release....

Edited by soulcamper
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert