Record Digging In Amsterdam?

Haydn

nOT BEEN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARs , but, there a shop called wax well just behind Dam square thats worth checkin out, they had some amazing rare funk LP's behind the counter. its in an area called 9 streets, and a couple down the Leidspien. Rembrantsplien flea markt can turn upa few bargains, on sat morning, There was a healthy amount of collectors shops, but mainly prog orientated if memory serves me right, unfortunatly it usually doesnt, LOL. Have a good en and save some for me, I going back in the summer!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Think geeselad means Wartelooplein flea market which is just down the road from Rembrandtsplein and is open daily except Sundays

On Utechtsestraat just off Rembrandtsplein there is Concerto Records a large 2nd hand shop

Wax Well probably the best tho (they are clued up on prices) ask to see more 45s and a box may appear from the basement !

Cheers Paul

Edited by soul shrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

There's also Record Mania on Ferdinand Bolstraat. More LP's than 45s and another shop that knows its prices.

There is a strange mix of flea market and organic market on the Noordermarkt and a small number of stalls usually have boxes of records. Very hit and miss though, but normally cheap. More like a car boot sale in some ways.

There is a 2nd hand record shop on one of the side streets between the Noordermarkt organic/flea market and the food market on Lindengracht, but for the life of me, I can't remember what street it's on or what it's called. Could take you there on a bike no problem though!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There is a 2nd hand record shop on one of the side streets between the Noordermarkt organic/flea market and the food market on Lindengracht, but for the life of me, I can't remember what street it's on or what it's called. Could take you there on a bike no problem though!

Flesch Records ??

Cheers Paul

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi there waxwell auction all the rare stuff now , I cleared most of the decent stuff a while ago , concerto's good but now clued up on the price's they employ a guy just going through thier stock and finding the value of thing's .Had great fun in there a few times loads of copies of Walk with a winner and some knockout R-n-B .I wouldn't bother with the Dam my friend I'd head for Leiden look for the shop's around Cafe Einstein I get most of my stock from Leiden also good for Reggae regards Tom Pepper.

Social source share

a couple of highlights i've had from holland have been

blues bros No1 "letter of regret"

joe brown "vibrations" FFA

so some decent stuff over there somewhere you've just got to get lucky..........

the surinam scene has a set of its own artists who will have put stuff out on dutch labels as well as the original surinam labels.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was travelling down from Den Helder and reached Amsterdam around 1pm. I knew where I was going from a makeshift map that I had made the night before :facepalm: , it didn't stop me from getting lost a few times though :dash2:

I only saw some odds and ends but nothing ventured nothing gained. Concerto had plenty stock but nothing that cant be had elsewhere. Record Mania eluded me.....next time for sure :thumbsup:

The flea market at Waterlooplein was the better venture with plenty to look through in 7's and LPs but alas......all tunes that nobody else wanted :yes:

I would do it again because I didn't have too much time to play with and left the 'Dam around 6pm to catch a flight at Schipol,

I had a few pints :thumbup: in the City but kept out the coffee shops :hypo: cos my work screens for such things :sweatingbullets:

maybe if I had more time and told the mrs I wont be back till Sunday :wicked: , I could have made the Sat night do :shhh:

Am glad I had a chance while I was there,

thanks again for info, :thumbsup:

H

Edited by Haydn
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!