Over-/underpriced? Pages / Marshall, Donovan, Broomfield On Ebay

Benji

Pages "Heartaches & Pain" on Sunstruck and Marshall, Donovan, Broomfield "Since I found my baby" on Augusta went on Ebay earlier this week.

Pages finished @ 500 GBP and MDB @ 340. Both discs in VG/VG+ condition. Was really gobsmacked seeing the Pages price but also think that MDB was a bit underpriced.

I rate both discs @ 200 and @400 respectively. What do you guys think?

MDB: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251063234583?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Pages: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251063249542?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by Benji
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

400 for pages and 350 for marshall................. about a dozen pages originals on collectors frenzy 4 of them goin for more than the copy above and all above £200......the boots gone over £100. marshall donovan did go over $1000 once but in the main prices are a little lower than pages and they are about the same raririty wise. so maybe £400 for mdb also

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

£500 is high for a VG copy, but it played great, demand for it is extremely big and that seller always gets good prices for his records.

Also, I don't think a lot of people realize how rare the original issue of the Pages 45 is.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest JohanT

I think that the demand for Pages and MDB is rather similar and not as high as it used to be at the moment. Both are very much "gettable" these days I would say! It is very hard to judge demand from ebay as it only takes two bidders to get a high auction result!

Social source share

Plus I didn't even see those listings because he didn't put them in the R&B / Soul category, it was just soul, so my browsing didn't catch it. It's weird because another knowledgeable seller did the same thing. I guess it also shows that much of Sami's ebay sales come from repeat customers looking at his records rather than people just finding them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert