Are You A Rare Record Collector? Or A Stamp Collector?

:g: "Good-a Ricky Billy Essex" it is said, Ian Dury opened ha unofficially never ever recorded 5" 78 RPM DEMO never released version of "CLEVER TREVER" STIFF OYWS ("on your way sunshine) 007?

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...Whats that all about? well it is something I come out with while having a pint with the SPECIALS, & talking to Elvis Costello in the BADGER in Bournemouth 1979, and for those who still don,t get it, it is the opening line of the song "CLEVER TREVER", Spoonerism by yours truly to confuse the drunks in my company, along with my opening gambit "what's the matter for you? can't you want to?

I was much younger and wiser back in 79, after turning my back on WIGAN & 9X out of 10 DEMOs?

Q. Are you a record collector? or a Stamp collector?. Well a RC would probably guessed that I was referring to ID and his !NEW BOOTS & PANTIES LP (Gold Vinyl with bonus track "sex & drugs"}

it's a great LP,

However a Stamp Collector* would be looking for the record I talked about, even though it's untrue, someone will still look for it???

*the term I am using, "stamp collecting", I have nicked off PEP, as that's who first used it, instead of Anorak, A stamp collector wastes both time and money, on anything trying to impress record collectors? and are always seen holding a small pile off obscure records to sell for more unknown records, It is said that top record dealers, get an internal high (a bit like Having a James Arther on Crack) but has an awful side effect, the give away clue is the uncontrollable thumb and finger rub?

yes indeed the stamp collectors, must have every thing or about every thing?

On the other hand the RECORD COLLECTOR has OCD, and can be identified by 1. reputation 2. has a record collection 3 genuine & helpful, 4, a decent sort, makes a good pal.

On the other hand the STAMP COLLECTOR Is 1. none of the above 2. a BITCH 3.Would have been rife for a good kick-in! if he belonged to any other SCENE 4 Makes me vomit,

Are you a STAMP OR A RECORD COLLECTOR??

Well if you still don't understand, you must be a STAMP COLLECTOR.

Remember Brothers & Sisters ("YOU ARE IN DENIALE, WHEN YOU LOSE SIGHT OF THE PYRAMIDS" (that is a original quote from me, and please quote me on that!")

As for me, I am a Collector of RARE SOUL & REGGAE, and still takes the pills?

here are some 70s DEMOS, That I was going to put on the other thread, but that would just cramp my style,

What ever you collect, the records I have picked, all issued in the 70s were hard to find in this form?

However the John Ford is one of the rarest records that has a interest to RARE SOUL Collectors, and is in the Top 10, of 70s releases, the others may not be stuff for STAMP COLLECTORS but show how varied and elective rare record collecting can be,

As for the Modern Soul releases, only 5 or 6 are worth over £100 and are proper rare records, rather than in VOUGE, :sleep3: DAVE K

post-13241-0-91941300-1339723557_thumb.jpost-13241-0-12958600-1339723727_thumb.jpost-13241-0-17584100-1339723615_thumb.jpost-13241-0-07277300-1339723494_thumb.jpost-13241-0-85819800-1339723669_thumb.j

Social source share

:thumbup: HI ALL, IT WAS JUST THE ONE ABOUT THE 5", However this RARE EXAMPLE is up for sale for a limited time of 10 years, so don't miss out? I will include a list with all the true non collectibles in my new book "lets go car booting and burn the rubbish records that hurt me now I'm 60" "£35 no refunds

I must point out this article is not aimed at any body that I would associate with now or in my past 9 lives? :g: Dave VICE CHAIRMAN of VICE.

post-13241-0-51274200-1339746105_thumb.j

Social source share

Hey D,

I believe you are right & can recognise the traits you see in a few people I know as either one or the other.

Some people would sell there own children to obtain certain black shiny discs just for the oneupmanship & satisfaction.

Sad when you lose sight of what's really important in life.

I was talking to a lad at a soul night with 50,000 at home, said he had never sold a record in his life, only bought obsessively, unfortunately the said guy is seriously I'll, not passing any judgement, but just wondered to myself about all that effort & it's worth.

Aid.

Social source share

Hey D,

I believe you are right & can recognise the traits you see in a few people I know as either one or the other.

Some people would sell there own children to obtain certain black shiny discs just for the oneupmanship & satisfaction.

Sad when you lose sight of what's really important in life.

I was talking to a lad at a soul night with 50,000 at home, said he had never sold a record in his life, only bought obsessively, unfortunately the said guy is seriously I'll, not passing any judgement, but just wondered to myself about all that effort & it's worth.

Aid.

I have seen doowop collectors die alone with their collection picked apart by vulture dealers for pretty much no money. Very sad. I'm sure it'll happen to me sooner or later...

Social source share

Hey Bob, you could always name me in your will :-)

Aid.

True, you do seem like a nice guy.

I heard recently that this one long time Chicago collector (probably the person with the most complete collection of Chicago 50s records) has some agreement with the Smithsonian (main government-run museum in washington, DC) that they get his collection when he dies. I don't know if this is true but I heard he also gets to write off each record purchase as a tax deduction against the future gift somehow.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!