Nina Simone Take Care Of Business

Guest Coley Soulie

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Nina Simone-take care of business wanted!!!

Do you mean the remix version? If so then it is from an LP, as cover-up states above - 'Verve Remixed' - but can't remember which volume off top of my head. I had it cut to carver and did my own verve label for it, so could play from a 7" as opposed the LP

Social source share

Nina Simone “Take Care Of Business” (Philips LP)

Just over 2 minutes long this track is hardcore. One listen tells you it’s the real deal.

The definition of atmospheric. It’s so moody it drips tears.

and this is the updated remix edit

Nina Simone “Take Care Of Business” (Pilooski Edit)

derek x

Social source share

Was always told this track was album only but I’m sure I once saw a Philips 45 of it on a Pete Smith sales list for £20 years ago (possibly 10+).

Seem to think I was so surprised I contacted Pete and asked him if it was the same recording as the album one and he said it was.

Sort of intended to get back to him to purchase said 45 but slippage of time and memory got in the way.

Of course there is the chance I could be getting this completely mixed up with another album only track.........

derek x

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Was always told this track was album only but I’m sure I once saw a Philips 45 of it on a Pete Smith sales list for £20 years ago (possibly 10+).

Seem to think I was so surprised I contacted Pete and asked him if it was the same recording as the album one and he said it was.

Sort of intended to get back to him to purchase said 45 but slippage of time and memory got in the way.

Of course there is the chance I could be getting this completely mixed up with another album only track.........

derek x

Probably more likely to have been "Break down and let it all out" I think?

Social source share

Source Advert