Temptations On The Telly Tonight

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

IF ITS THE FILM, ITS GREAT, AND IT WILL TAKE A FEW VIEWINGS TO CATCH ALL THE STORY IF YOUR FIK LIKE ME.

OTIS AND THE """"""" TEMPTATIONS. GREAT LINE FROM MR RUFFIN.

ED

If film I agree don't miss it, recommended viewing, even if one or two historical facts are bent for artistic reasons. whistling.gif
Social source share

Just checked paper. Hope this helps....

First in a 2 part bio-pic from the view point of Otis Williams (last surviving member)

Sounds like the one that was on Hallmark, its really good :unsure: I also got it on DVD, makes me cry everytime I watch it whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Adrian

The wife got me the DVD for my birthday last year, really worth watching, I was expecting it to be a bit, well s**t but its really well done.

Made me appriecate the Temps alot more to be honest.

Look out for the bit where David Ruffin comes on to Get Ready, its fantastic. We watched that bit loads.

Social source share

Guest stash313

A fantastic film and a few years ago was the one which turned me on to the whole body of tempts work.

The film isn't exactly how it actually went down, and some of it has been changed. It encouraged me to search out more about the group and I'm still learning.

Also turned me into The Tempts nut Iam now!

Social source share

Ha ha! Yes I got the hints about "sell up and f off to country" programme too but I won!!!

But tonight is The Apprentice. Hmmm, Alan Sugar or Temptations............I wonder.

Good movie but they do all seem to be a bit formulaic don't they (Thinking of "The Five Heartbeats" or "Lady Sings The Blues", same story and much the same characters). Trouble is they never go deep enough - only a book could do that I guess.

John.

Social source share

Guest stash313

They never could go deep enough John for one appeal to an audience outside of enthusiasts like ourselves. Secondly the time that companies allot to projects like this, the film or biop is a two part affair which Hallmark have commissioned. They would have offered the producers 2 parts and no more, so everything has to be fitted in.

To be fair I think they've only used Leon from The Fiveheartbeats and there's nobody else out there who can play Ruffin like him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert