Lee Tillman

JimK

:shades: Just digging around in one of my older, never play boxes and came across Lee Tillman singing Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye on Montel-Michelle. Youu guys got any info on this chap? Would be much appreciated. However, last time I asked, it was only sad news!!! Know anything up-beat about this guy who I think was from Mississippi? TIA
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

...Think there's a couple of others on Montelle Michelle as wel by him. Will double check later....work in a minute.

At least worth mentioning is his "All These Things" on MIchelle Records. Had a few plays in the eighties. Current rate is around 100 UKP although you just very seldomly see this one in comparison to his "KTGB"

Social source share

At least worth mentioning is his "All These Things" on MIchelle Records. Had a few plays in the eighties. Current rate is around 100 UKP although you just very seldomly see this one in comparison to his "KTGB"

Thats one of the ones I was trying to remember Marc......good record it is too IMHO :thumbsup: Pretty sure there is another one too :lol:

Social source share

The record Chalky first mentioned is by Lee Tillman and the Secrets and called She's The One I Love. It is actually on the Whit label, not Whip (close, but no cigar!! - Whip is the one Carol Anderson's Taking My Mind Off Love/I'm Not Worried is on).

Anyone know whether this is quite rare or not? And current value?

I haven't seen it for sale for some time on the lists I get, and it is not in the Manship's guides.

Peter

Social source share

The record Chalky first mentioned is by Lee Tillman and the Secrets and called She's The One I Love. It is actually on the Whit label, not Whip (close, but no cigar!! - Whip is the one Carol Anderson's Taking My Mind Off Love/I'm Not Worried is on).

Peter

Your right of course, I blame the fact that I'd just got up at the time of writing and the brain wasn't functioning properly :thumbsup::D

Social source share

Cheers Chalky - Just trying to provide a bit of extra info for the originator of this thread (I don't know a lot so I have to chip in where I can!!).

So, do you have any thoughts on rarity or value of the record?

Peter

tough one to price I guess. haven't seen one for a while. used to see it and not too expensive but would say has risen a fair bit now. If the one on Montelle Michelle - All These Things is £100 (although it's on the net @ $100) then I would have thought the one a Whit a good bit more.......guesstimate £250...dunno if anyone can give an accurate price thumbsup.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert