Satisfactions - Take It Or Leave It

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

is it me or is this having a bit of a resurgence at the moment, 3 or four 4 years ago you heard it everywhere then it just slipped away a bit.

now it seems to be popping up all over on playlists again

great record, glad to hear it again :thumbup:

Social source share

With Landy McNeil on lead vocals you can't really go wrong :thumbsup:

Just a pity Terry can't shake his maraca's too it :lol:

Dave

Hi Dave. I know Landy was involved with producing the group, but this is the info we have in soul harmony singles:

SATISFACTIONS, THE (Washington, D.C.)

Junior Isom (second tenor), formerly of the R&B groups The Marvels on

Laurie and Winn, and The Senators on Winn; Lorenzo Hines (first tenor), Earl

Jones (baritone and second tenor), Fletcher Lee (bass).

But I know you were involved with issuing that Satisfaction Unlimited single so you probably have some other information. Can you reconcile the information somehow? I would appreciate it.

Social source share

James was only with the Gales for about a month before joining the Satisfactions: Lorenzo "Lowe" Hines (first tenor), James Isom (second tenor and guitar), Earl Jones (baritone and second tenor), and Fletcher Lee (bass and drums). (NOTE: They were not the 1962 Satisfactions on Chesapeake [a Maryland group] or the 1963 Satisfactions on Radiant [probably a California group].)

https://www.uncamarvy.com/Marvels/marvels.html

Social source share

too upbeat for most nomadays............NOT ME!!!

too fast ??? no way ! .. if it were too fast it would not be so popular , and to be honest it ain't that fast .. :) it only dropped away on a natural cycle ..and is now doing the rounds again..

pete

Edited by casper
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:yes:

too fast ??? no way ! .. if it were too fast it would not be so popular , and to be honest it ain't that fast .. :) it only dropped away on a natural cycle ..and is now doing the rounds again..

pete

Yep Quality Northern Indeed Pete,and although it sounds fast and furious when you dance to it the tempo is actually spot on,although you may need to step off for a couple if youre like me to click the knee back into place :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

pete

this was proper reactivated some 4/5 years back........now doing the rounds at commercial northern venues

Social source share

this rocketed in price about 3/4 years ago and was fetching over £200 cos of demand i guess but last year or so seen it sell for less than £100 quite regular so maybe thats why its getting plays again its become more affordable again and a rest is as good as a change as they say

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!