So Was 2012 A Good Year For You Soulwise? Nuffin Negative

Spacehopper

It's been a challenging year for me.

Workwise it was very fulfilling with successes with the Philadelphia International box set and the Tom Moulton PIR remixes packages and the Acid Jazz box set rounded off the year nicely, plus not forgetting any of the other 25 releases which should all add up to a great year for Harmless.

Some fantastic gigs throughout the year included the Baltic Soul Weekender, the Preston 2012 guild, some top notch private gigs at the Cafe de Paris, the South Of France, Sweden and Ibiza and some memorable parties (and I love a good party). Had to put the Original Mastercuts show on Starpoint on hold in October whilst I dealt with some personal changes but back in the seat tomorrow (2.00-4.00pm).

Moving house in late November was a bit of a challenge though, not least the dismantling and relocation of 10K records, 2K CD's and 1K books plus assorted memorabilia and 10 years accumulation of general junk. Bloody expensive too, so it's been a low key couple of months whilst I've re-adjusted from the charms of Carshalton to the wonders of Warlingham perched on a mountain in Surrey!

Now that I'm settled in, I'm beginning on some ambitious plans for 2013, so fingers crossed I'll have the health and energy to see 'em through.

Happy New Year to all!

Ian D :D

Social source share

2012 - Lots to say but too little time to say it!

Health has been up & Down but hopefully better now.

Retire in 9 weeks!

Not been to may Soul nights this year but probably alot more in 2013

Highlight for me was doing BIR (banbury Internet radio)- What a great laugh it was especially the Pub Singer record! and Ive even been asked back Beaver and all!

Bought quite a few tunes and sold quite a few (nothing changes there)

Happy New year to all!

What's the story behind the pub singer record Ernie?

Big Joe Turner's Two Loves Have I, always reminds me of a pub singer

Anyways, what the story mate?

Aid.

Social source share

Hi Aid

The pub singer was a record I played on BIR

It was called "You are the honey for me" - By Jimmy Pendleton on Julie records out of New Jersey.

The backing track is brilliant but the singer is so out of tune its unbeliveable but somehow it ooozes real Soul! I was castagated by listeners for playing it but a few then contacted me on SS asking more about it. Its very rare indeed.

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!