Just A Few Modern / Crossover

OSCARP

Doc Peabody - Here without you........Best record I have heard in the last couple of years

greater Experience

Sweet Pearl

"ªChanging Tymes ' You live only once '"¬

Pro-Fascinations ' I Want to Wrap My Arms '

"ªPutting You Out of My Life - Psychedelic Frankie"¬

Edited by OSCARP
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

:thumbsup: Doc Peabody just epitomes that mid seventies magic. Only hear part one being played, as this is a 2 part 45. Is part 2 the instrumental only version, as so many records were pressed in this format back then. It captures and draws you into it everytime.

Sure is a hard one to locate today - is this still top side of a UK grand +.

The Pro Fascination 45 - a New Orleans group sounding - Arthur Fenn spin in the mid eighties.

Thanks for posting Oscar "P".

:D

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

doc peabody been played a few times at our horse and groom sunday chillout

:lol: :lol: Christ Dave - stop being such a big "shop front " !! :P

No seriously is a great record, now all we need is one of the older boys telling us it was played at the Highland Room first. :(

Hope you are enjoying the festivities and wishing a happy new year !!

Cheers.

Social source share

:lol: :lol: Christ Dave - stop being such a big "shop front " !! :P

No seriously is a great record, now all we need is one of the older boys telling us it was played at the Highland Room first. :(

Hope you are enjoying the festivities and wishing a happy new year !!

Cheers.

not by me i might add lol...we have quality guest dj`s

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:thumbsup: Doc Peabody just epitomes that mid seventies magic. Only hear part one being played, as this is a 2 part 45. Is part 2 the instrumental only version, as so many records were pressed in this format back then. It captures and draws you into it everytime.

Sure is a hard one to locate today - is this still top side of a UK grand +.

The Pro Fascination 45 - a New Orleans group sounding - Arthur Fenn spin in the mid eighties.

Thanks for posting Oscar "P".

Actually Nick, Doc Peabody Part 2 is quite neat - not a straight instrumental, it's like a jazzy workout with great strings, guitars and organ and more of that wailing. Certainly worth putting on the playlist for Sketchley Grange Sunday....if I didn't want to play Part 1!

Pro Fascination was originally played for the other side "Try love again" - Rotters Sheffield I think was the first place I heard this c.81/82.

What's this Horse & Groom - crossover night? :yes:

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

it certainly is..............oh dear more shopfronting....i`ll get me coat :rofl:

Don't need your coat on, get onto that platform - tell em' and don't fluff your lines !

Because "remember" Steve G is the most active DJ on SS (IMHO).

(PS - this could result in a future chill out booking - if there's any space left in that front window) :rofl:

:)

Social source share

Doc Peabody - Here without you........Best record I have heard in the last couple of years

greater Experience

Sweet Pearl

Nice bunch of records all round mate.

Peter

Social source share

Nice way to start an otherwise dull Friday :thumbsup:

Recently been enjoying "repeat" function on CD for the Doc Peabody on this years SoulSource CD swap (someone with a VERY late entry to the post office...you know who you are! :D )... just superb.

I managed to pick up the Sweet Pearl 45 a few months back after never hearing it before and falling in love with it on first few seconds of sound clip. Great when that happens hey. Anyone know if they did anything more as I can't find much on the band?

I think I prefer the Imperial Wonders version of "You live only once" but did have the Changing Tymes version very briefly this year. Great.

First heard the Pro-Fascination at Brid in the modern room a couple of years ago (Steve Jay I think played it)...sublime I think.

The others are new to me so thanks for that.

Mr Goucher has been sharing some amazing modern / crossover this year and maybe if he sees this thread he'll list some for us.

Here's just one of hundreds I keep listening to over and over for some reason:

Master Force "Hey Girl"

• Helpful 2
Social source share

greater Experience

Sweet Pearl

all bar Greater experience played at the Orwell at one time or another

Social source share

The phsycadelic frankie. I first heard back in early 9ts on a old m koppel tape given to me the tape was from the 7ts with some other corkers on it, fantastic rec that I was always after, never got it , just thought I'd mention the tape as it shows what was right under the scenes nose but overlooked at the time along with many others

Edited by drewid
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!