Tempests - Would You Believe - Smash Lp

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Hi,

I am looking for the Tempests - Would You Believe album on Smash Records LP

If anyone fancies selling or has a spare to pass on to a young collector, I would be most grateful.

Please PM me with price?

All the best

Paul Bailey

Social source share

Had a US eBay seller making repeat offers to me to sell me one at 160doll, think I bid about 120, didn't win but winning bid didn't pay. This was a week ago but had another email few days ago. Let me know if you want sellers email. Dean

I had this, it was still under reserve price. Put £75 ish on then went $20 over, he came back with a shead load of numbers and his last offer was $160 but I was bored with it by then.

To the point of harrasment.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I had this, it was still under reserve price. Put £75 ish on then went $20 over, he came back with a shead load of numbers and his last offer was $160 but I was bored with it by then.

To the point of harrasment.

Had to smile, his first email to me stressed how I needed to quick as several others were after it and it was first come. Then an email saying I could at least be polite enough to reply, which i did saying I could get it cheaper with patience, then a further email asking if I could go to $160.

Sorry to drift off topic a bit, I presume Paul is still after one. As you may gather Paul, there's an opinion that $160 was a little high. Saw one go last night for $143.50 (£89) with $14.25 postage.

Social source share

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Funnily enough I have messaged that person on eBay...sound like the harassment will start. I was aiming for £60 - £70 max

Like you say, it ain't rare. They are everywhere. Hopefully someone will offer me a decent deal on it...

Social source share

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Wow, well the guy off eBay from America was just lovely! Within a matter of 12 hours he has managed to insult me and get personal...I'd say that he is not one to deal with.

What a strange way to try and sell something, by getting angry at you for stating what you want...

He suggested he will 'burn the record with a blow torch before taking my offer'

Well I say good luck to him...

On a brighter note I am in discussion with someone who is a lot nicer and is happy to help out.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Social source share

Guest 1 huskyvan

how can you get board with this album i say buy it now and play the shit out of it every track,s a winner go down a storm in your club

Social source share

Well...........30 years on, and the demand or price still hasn't abated!

30 years ago you were tripping over these for a tenner, unfortunately I kept tripping over and bought something else each time.

Humm!!! not bored with my copy but need to trim the LP's down so will sell my m mono copy.

I would be interested but nowhere near the prices being quoted so suspect I will need to wait a bit longer, however if

you want a bit sport send me a price and maybe I can be swayed. I am a very good friend of your namesake, just in case

thats worth an extra fiver discount! :-))

Social source share

30 years ago we were tripping over frank beverly on sassy................we still are...but still being charged £300..sometimes you gotta bite the bullet or do without.... i agree tho its not a rare lp on usa smash..white promo is nice..and theres a couple of foreign labels.....i`m sure one will come on ebay in the next month or so for a more reasonable price than $160

• Helpful 1
Social source share

30 years ago we were tripping over frank beverly on sassy................we still are...but still being charged £300..sometimes you gotta bite the bullet or do without.... i agree tho its not a rare lp on usa smash..white promo is nice..and theres a couple of foreign labels.....i`m sure one will come on ebay in the next month or so for a more reasonable price than $160

I gave FB on Sassy away in 80's with a load of boots as always assumed it was boot as I had bought it for £1.25 off one of the lists like Colin Bee. Doh, where was the Internet when I needed it!

And no one has rushed to offer me Tempests based on my sales pitch so looks like I may be doing without for another 30 years! :-))

Social source share

I gave FB on Sassy away in 80's with a load of boots as always assumed it was boot as I had bought it for £1.25 off one of the lists like Colin Bee. Doh, where was the Internet when I needed it!

And no one has rushed to offer me Tempests based on my sales pitch so looks like I may be doing without for another 30 years! :-))

our bri got a frank beverley out of a box of pressings at a ywca record fair in doncaster for £3....at least we managed to keep it a few years and sold it for £30 about 1995..hope you are well mate

Social source share

Came out on Phillips in Holland

Social source share

Wow, well the guy off eBay from America was just lovely! Within a matter of 12 hours he has managed to insult me and get personal...I'd say that he is not one to deal with.

What a strange way to try and sell something, by getting angry at you for stating what you want...

He suggested he will 'burn the record with a blow torch before taking my offer'

Well I say good luck to him...

On a brighter note I am in discussion with someone who is a lot nicer and is happy to help out.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Edited by littlestanley
Social source share