Rl Burnside[ Charity Single]

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know how much this single cost when it was first put up for sale, I don't know much about it other than what I've read on a previous thread stating that there were 100 copies made, thanks Paddy.

The single in question was originally sold for £10 although when it got downn to around 10 copies left some sold for £15/20 but i believe this was down to the willingness of the people buying the record to give a little more to charity.

regards ROY

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

i paid 15 quid each for the ones i got took months to get here i thought they had been lost. ,

Social source share

I sold approx 75 of the 100 copies at a tenner each with 100% of the monies going to cancer research

As Roy said above, i think Eddy auctioned the last few for a tad more, again with it all going to charity

Strangely enough, a few months after they had sold out, i found a copy in a box that had been reserved but not sent for, so i auctioned it for charity and got over £50 for it!

Hope this helps

Steve

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

it may have been 85 dollars for the five and not 85 quid which i always believed they were. not fussed though still a great record.

Social source share

Guest Dale

fookin' 'ell

My thoughts exactly Steve... :lol: ...sure I remember one going on ebay way before April for £70 +

But this one still keeps getting a mention...not for me..

Edited by Dale
Social source share

Eddy's second charity 45 'Connor Reeves - Joy' is still around in very small quantities

100 made - 100% legal - 100% profits to charity (as were the R L Burnside's)

Not quite as fast a seller as RLB cos it's not as in-demand plus it was £15 from the get-go, so has sold slightly slower BUT once it's gone, it's gone (as they say  :wicked: )

Find it here

https://www.soulmusic.co.uk

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert