Northern Soul White Camper Van With Trailer

Was driving to Loughborough and to work this morning. Got behind a while camper type van towing a trailer. The trailer had a bull dogs head design on it and the spare wheel cover on the camper van had northern soul and the famous fist design on it. The bonnnet of the camper van has a union jack on it.

Anyone know who it belongs to - just curious to know if I know them from SS or elsewhere. I didn't recognise the driver.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

So it was YOU! that was stalking me on the Loughborough road this morning while I was driving in my white camper van and trailer  :ohmy: 

All that swerving around, pulling alongside and hand gestures really freaked me out - thought you were a road-rager!

I called the old bill and gave them your reg number - so they may be paying you a visit - sorry  :(

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Is that a joke Richard?

That's not me you're referring to if it isn't a joke - I just followed behind you for a bit trying to read the smaller writing on the left side back of the camper van.  What does  that say - I could read "minute" and maybe "holiday"?

I can assure you that I was most courteous in my driving. I wouldn't road rage a fellow souler!  :no:

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

That van is nothing to do with me Peter  :D

Sorry mate

I want to know who the mystery driver was too now.

Richard

I've been driving that route to work for ten years and have never seen it before so logic would suggest it's someone new to the area or they were travelling somewhere from home. We can rule out a scottish fellow from Notts. :D

Peter

Social source share

Perhaps they were headed off for a weekender somewhere?

I suspect so Steve. A decent bit of kit it was too. My mate Terry from Lincolnshire has a camper van - but it wasn't him or his van. Terry's van is much more undesirable - mm, so is Terry for that matter. :lol:

Pretty sure I didn't recognise the driver as I over took.

Peter :shhh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember when we went down to the Rocket once we parked up behind this camper van and it has this "Northern soul is a way of life" transparent sticky thing in the back window :rolleyes:. It was rocking from side to side, ordinarily you'd think "bonking", but in this case I think the occupants were dancing in their kitchenette. :ohmy:

Social source share

Is that a joke Richard?

That's not me you're referring to if it isn't a joke - I just followed behind you for a bit trying to read the smaller writing on the left side back of the camper van.  What does  that say - I could read "minute" and maybe "holiday"?

I can assure you that I was most courteous in my driving. I wouldn't road rage a fellow souler!  :no:

Peter

Oh I know the one. I've seen it too. The writing on the side says "Diesel Fuel Only" :D  :D

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!