Give Me One More Chance/anyone Can Tell - Clyde Mcphatter

Brand new release on Go Ahead.

Due out next week but got copies early

PLEASE GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE / ANYONE CAN TELL

CLYDE McPHATTER

GO AHEAD SEVEN INCH

QUITE SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST DOUBLE SIDERS EVER

FIRST TIME EITHER TRACK HAS BEEN LEGALLY RELEASED ON SEVEN INCH SINGLE.

UNDER LICENCE FROM UNIVERSAL.

£10 INCLUDES IST CLASS POSTAGE AND PACKING

PLEASE MAKE PAYPAL PAYMENT TO - sales@soulvation.biz

ALSO NEW THIS WEEK

ON OUTTASIGHT

ALL £10 EACH INCLUDES IST CLASS POSTAGE AND PACKING 

CUZ IT'S YOU GIRL - JAMES WALSH GYPSY BAND 

NOT TOO YOUNG - CONTINENTAL SHOWSTOPPERS B/W WHAT DOES IT TAKE (To Win Your Love) - THE ELECTRIFYING CASHMERES 

ISN'T IT JUST A SHAME- KENY WELLS/ TIME MARCHES ON - LAINIE HILL 

Edited by Neil Rushton
Social source share

Nice one Neil.

We went with 'Anyone Can Tell' as the top side, as it's a track that's growing in stature everywhere!

A real beauty.

Along with the classic flipside, the first time on 45 anywhere in the world, this could be the biggest selling Go Ahead release yet!

An essential purchase!

Cheers,

:thumbsup:

Sean

post-4120-0-52317700-1371808083_thumb.jp

post-4120-0-75170000-1371808092_thumb.jp

Social source share

Just in time Sean. I was going to get a carver done for those tracks for myself. The best Go Ahead release by a country mile, and then some!

Now how about Linda Jones-just cant live my life/my heart needs a break?

Thanks mate.

Always more exciting releases in the pipeline.

A double sided Linda might well be another winner!

Sean

Social source share

Nice one Neil.

We went with 'Anyone Can Tell' as the top side, as it's a track that's growing in stature everywhere!

A real beauty.

Along with the classic flipside, the first time on 45 anywhere in the world, this could be the biggest selling Go Ahead release yet!

An essential purchase!

Cheers,

Sean

I think Dana Valery the most underestimated Go Ahead release?.

Social source share

I know will get my head torn off but - Why are these being released on 7 inch when they are already on cd?

Unrelased tracks I can understand but whats the motive to do this one (Clyde MCphatter) Id like to be educated!

If it means they can be played on a record player its fine by me, I don't subscribe to this "if you haven't got the original you should have it on cd or mp3", it's not the same, I want to touch it, put it on the turntable, place the stylus on the record and EXPERIENCE the whole thing - I don't just want to listen to it!  

• Helpful 3
Social source share

It's nice to have them together on a 45, and it qualifies for an original uk solid centre release too. What's not to like?

That's essentially it.

Both tracks have been played extensively for years off the album 'Welcome Home'.

But we all know that the preferred DJ format on the Soul scene is the vinyl 7" 45, so to put them both together meets an obvious (albeit fairly limited) demand.

Saves having to get a 'carver' cut too (as you said earlier!).

That's it really!

Sean

Social source share

I can undertand having the 45 to touch etc (AS Pete says- technically for personal use) but then theirs the argument of Djs using them as Sean has pointed out which then gets into the OVO argument again.

So if you subscribe to Seans Theory you can play (As a DJ) whatever Lp track you want off a re-release or carver and its perfectly acceptable to do so & your DJ credibility wont  be questioned?

So If someone  decides to re-release Lee MC Donald - Lets play love from the Lp Sweet magic DJs can play it off th 45 at any events without fear of ridicule?

If thats the case the whole argument of DJs playing original vynil means absolutely nothing at all! Or am I wrong?

Sorry Moderators- if this reply is in the wrong section please move it or advise as to starting a thread!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I can undertand having the 45 to touch etc (AS Pete says- technically for personal use) but then theirs the argument of Djs using them as Sean has pointed out which then gets into the OVO argument again.

So if you subscribe to Seans Theory you can play (As a DJ) whatever Lp track you want off a re-release or carver and its perfectly acceptable to do so & your DJ credibility wont  be questioned?

So If someone  decides to re-release Lee MC Donald - Lets play love from the Lp Sweet magic DJs can play it off th 45 at any events without fear of ridicule?

If thats the case the whole argument of DJs playing original vynil means absolutely nothing at all! Or am I wrong?

Sorry Moderators- if this reply is in the wrong section please move it or advise as to starting a thread!

Don't think there's ever been a problem with DJ's playing legally licensed legitimate Soul Music, has there? 

I grew up on a scene where every DJ had Action, Direction, Stateside, Soul City etc. in their boxes.

If a DJ or venue wants OVO (original vinyl only) and that's what they prefer to do then obviously they won't be playing most of the Go-Ahead releases. But there's others who are very happy to play 'LFO' (Legal Format Only - i.e. not bootlegs) and these releases cater for that requirement superbly.

The feedback we've had on this particular release is that its a very welcome double-sided legal release in an easy to use format. As Mr LoveMusic said 'what's not to like'.

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

If it means they can be played on a record player its fine by me, I don't subscribe to this "if you haven't got the original you should have it on cd or mp3", it's not the same, I want to touch it, put it on the turntable, place the stylus on the record and EXPERIENCE the whole thing - I don't just want to listen to it!  

well whats wrong with playing the L.p that is the original Pete been playing it for eons that way but suppose this release would bring the two tacks more to the fore

Edited by Flanny
Social source share

well whats wrong with playing the L.p that is the original Pete been playing it for eons that way but suppose this release would bring the two tacks more to the fore

Nothing, where have I said there's something wrong with playing lp's?  if you like lp's, fine, I prefer 45's, original, reissue, whatever

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Only place I ever had the opportunity to spin '  Anyone Can Tell ' was @ The Greatstone years back  - knew it would be appreciated there ..not sure I ' ve been to many Northern venues that appreciated this side over the well known ' Please Give Me One More Chance'.

Incidentally the album is rocketing in value - regularly spotted at £20 until last 12 months or so now seems to be £50 / 70 who knows....

Social source share

Only place I ever had the opportunity to spin '  Anyone Can Tell ' was @ The Greatstone years back  - knew it would be appreciated there ..not sure I ' ve been to many Northern venues that appreciated this side over the well known ' Please Give Me One More Chance'.

Incidentally the album is rocketing in value - regularly spotted at £20 until last 12 months or so now seems to be £50 / 70 who knows....

Having just listened to it, I can see why people prefer "PGMOMC"!

Social source share

Clyde McPhatter - Anyone Can Tell is a stunning piece of soul music - had it on tape for many years. They're both very decent sides.

Nice release, so congratulations to everyone involved for getting it done.

Peter

Think I heard it in a supermarket recently...or was it a lift..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Is there a reason why the picture sleeves have gone for the latest releases, cost?

Hi John,

Hope you're well mate.

We set off to do pic sleeves for the first few only, and then, because they were so popular, stretched it to the first 10.

In fact we managed to do 11, but in truth it became unsustainable to continue doing them (cost a small fortune in such a limited quantity) so the previously unreleased Vibrations issue seemed a logical point to move away from them and go to the branded / generic black sleeve they now appear in!

Cheers,

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!