Whatever Happened To

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Do you mean the 2 girls from bolton,one was gid harding sister i think she was called june but cant remember her mates name will find out there names later,havent seen either of em since 1980.

======

they're the ones andY!

missed u last nite at leicester ,,did u go mate?

was going to say hello

Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

One of the girls i do remember is gaynor from stockport

post-3408-1149447287.jpg

post-3408-1149447620.jpg

same girl in both pics,cant think of the two other girls names.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

One of the girls i do remember is gaynor from stockport

post-3408-1149447287.jpg

post-3408-1149447620.jpg

same girl in both pics,cant think of the two other girls names.

Shirl and Fran also from Stockport :D

Social source share

I remember my mate, Rio from Action, wearing dif. colour circle skirts, would spent ages in the loos at TOTW, (plus other places too!) have changing from one to another, and couldnt make up mind which one to wear!

Dont suppose she has that prob now, heard she is a Bobby in the States!!

Social source share

The lower of those photos incidentally has a good collection of Worcester regulars, "Hot dog" on the far left, and he still looks like that when he's dancing :thumbsup: - somebody put names to the others, they were all familiar faces at Yate as well.

Hippo.

LOVED YATE USED TO COME DOWN WITH WEST-MID & SHREWSBURY CREW :thumbsup:
Social source share

Come down? at Yate? Bad luck or bad gear? :yes::(:(
certainly had the latter there ..back street blues laced with strichnine, not good....me and a mate were dancing away then just froze, can't remember who was playing but he shouted 'get those ********** off the floor....and we were duly helped to the safety of being propped against the wall for the rest of the time....three ended up in Hospital and i wasn't too clever......but apart from that had some ACE times at YEOLDE STARS'N'STRIPES ok I know it changed from that...Kojak and all that.....Top Venue...always remember 'DARKEST DAYS' being played after that guy died in a crash on his way there.....GOD !!! actually my memories are a bit grim :yes:
Social source share

Guest carolyn

Dunno the girls.. but do remember making my own full circle skirts - the right way for a soul girl to spin :yes: Top tip - the higher your skirt flared out - the better your spin :(

Karen

I used to make my own skirts too! It's amazing what you can do with just old neswpaper (Wigan Observer) sellotaped together, a piece of string and a pencil and there you have your skirt pattern :yes:

Although dont wear them these days!!!

Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

The lower of those photos incidentally has a good collection of Worcester regulars, "Hot dog" on the far left, and he still looks like that when he's dancing :yes: - somebody put names to the others, they were all familiar faces at Yate as well.

Hippo.

Do you mean this pic hippo?

post-3408-1151534297.jpg

Social source share

The lower of those photos incidentally has a good collection of Worcester regulars, "Hot dog" on the far left, and he still looks like that when he's dancing :huh: - somebody put names to the others, they were all familiar faces at Yate as well.

Hippo.

Not sure, but the one in the white shirt & also with a long belt looks like 'Johnny Hundley'

Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

post-3408-1151534297.jpg

The people i remember(or people have told me since i found it)from the picture are.....in the number 10 top paul mooney from preston he was a good mate of daz from irlam(thats daz in the far right well his arm he has the same top on as mooney..hiya daz if you see this :huh: ).like i said the girl in the skirt is gaynor from stockport and the lad who is dancing in front of mooney(one sticking his leg out with the white sock) is one of the bailey twins from stockport not sure of the names but one was keith.

If any others can help with any names i would be grateful :huh:

B-side-B i remember the lad but couldnt think of his name "johnny Hundley" you say? was he scottish?.

Cheers Neil.

Social source share

The people i remember(or people have told me since i found it)from the picture are.....in the number 10 top paul mooney from preston he was a good mate of daz from irlam(thats daz in the far right well his arm he has the same top on as mooney..hiya daz if you see this :P ).like i said the girl in the skirt is gaynor from stockport and the lad who is dancing in front of mooney(one sticking his leg out with the white sock) is one of the bailey twins from stockport not sure of the names but one was keith.

If any others can help with any names i would be grateful :thumbsup:

B-side-B i remember the lad but couldnt think of his name "johnny Hundley" you say? was he scottish?.

Cheers Neil.

No, Worcester born & bred as far as i know, I went to school with his brother (saw him only last night funnily enough) I was just going on what Hippo said really, i remember him being part of that crew & the pic does look like him.

Talking of his brother Pete, reminds me of a funny story. Johnny gave Pete a good hiding one day, you know just a brotherly love spat. So to get back at him Pete nicked about a dozen of his records ( all originals) & sold em to anyone that wanted them at school for 50p each :yes:

Needless to say he got another good hiding :yes:

Social source share

I'll probably get lynched for this but I thought it then and I think it now...... the whole circle skirt thing for the girls was (is) the naff'est (not sure if that's a word) looking fashion I've ever seen! :thumbsup:

KTF.

Drew.

==========

one mans circle skirt is another mans beer towel!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert