Rant Time

Ernie Andrews

Brad is a legend mate. I got the first Chandlers off him in the 70's. he didn't think it would go because of the slow break in the middle.

He is a legend. I got loads off him in the early 70's. I once suggested that my wages from Tuesday Nights @ Burnley Cricket Club should go directly to Brad 'cos that's pretty much what was happening anyway........ :lol:

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes but nobody was playing them, or interested in them. It's one thing knowing a record exists, it's quite another to have the taste to play it.

Mick Smith was playing Dewey Black at the 100 club in the early 90's and Butch played the Proffs at Stafford

Edited by Ted Massey
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Isnt that what people on here do ask what price  a record is?

Arrgh- Ive hyped it up even more with this thread! :(

I don't agree with the record fetching that sort of money, because I personally think it's rubbish.  But it's not the sellers fault.  I know where you are coming from with all this Steve, I do, but just because we think it's only worth a few quid doesn't mean everyone else does.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes its been known for years (there is very little that isn't known by somebody) and so what if its selling for silly money now. Also if you think you were the first to play something, chances is you almost certainly were not. If you bought it n sold it tough cookies. I've posted up here loads of times lookin for it without reply and that was back when it was around £100. Was it widely known then ? No! Is it now? I would still say No. Would I like it ? yes! am I gonna pay £750? No. Somebody loves it enough to and good for them.

Thats record collecting, you win some you lose some.

Honestly The Drama !

Clint

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Yeah its ridiculous the Rare soul scene has been going for 50 odd years in the uk

Im sure most if not all were played in some sleezy dive or at a record hop in the states in the 60s

Only to be rediscovered in the 70s 80s 90s 200s onwards

Lets just enjoy the music

After all thats what its all about aint it

Al H

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!