Ripping Off Soul Source

Dunno whats going on , but getting to point where every time log on here can't believe what am reading

top it all off now have a member "lifting" a members post on here and posting it as his own on another forum

fair enough we all pass on info on here and other places and while sure that many where possible do try and give credit but sometimes may get over looked

but that isnt the case here

a member has just cut and pasted "complete" another members post on here in reply to a question , complete with spelling mistakes and joke and then posted it as his own on another forum in reply to the same question

to me this just taking the piss out of site and out of the member who posted it

usualy avoid commenting on other sites and boards cause to me its not the done thing, but when you get moderators of other forums coming on here and lifting complete posts just to post on their own site as their own posts, with out a mention of the original poster or where it was lifted from ...

asked the member involved to explain

the holly st james thread has the original post and link to the rip off

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29657

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dunno whats going on , but getting to point where every time log on here can't believe what am reading

top it all off now have a member "lifting" a members post on here and posting it as his own on another forum

fair enough we all pass on info on here and other places and while sure that many where possible do try and give credit but sometimes may get over looked

but that isnt the case here

a member has just cut and pasted "complete" another members post on here in reply to a question , complete with spelling mistakes and joke and then posted it as his own on another forum in reply to the same question

to me this just taking the piss out of site and out of the member who posted it

usualy avoid commenting on other sites and boards cause to me its not the done thing, but when you get moderators of other forums coming on here and lifting complete posts just to post on their own site as their own posts, with out a mention of the original poster or where it was lifted from ...

asked the member involved to explain

the holly st james thread has the original post and link to the rip off

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29657

Just see it as, them ripping off your site, is a big-up to you....

Got to copy the best..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Why not just add the link as a relevant in the new post ? Seems a bit of an odd thing to do? Lift and claim as your own new post on another site??

Unless your lifting in freebasing to allow anyone to view protected Topics and posts ?

Social source share

Personally Mike I don't see what the problem is re this, apart from as you say making reference to the original writer, if it was pasted, but I am certain it wouldn't have been. Both sites are brilliant, excellant sources of information for all Soulies as well as talking to each other, and along with the soul club and soulgirl et al all are fantastic for tunes.

I read the original post on here and the one on Nick's site and information has been added to it, Is that so bad? :thumbsup:

I think it fair to say that at the moment for some strange reason, there is too much back biting and bickering going on with the present scene, and to quote little Stevie on a previous thread " The sun is shining", lets all enjoy it while we can :thumbsup:

Peace Dudes x

Social source share

Personally Mike I don't see what the problem is re this, apart from as you say making reference to the original writer, if it was pasted, but I am certain it wouldn't have been. Both sites are brilliant, excellant sources of information for all Soulies as well as talking to each other, and along with the soul club and soulgirl et al all are fantastic for tunes.

I read the original post on here and the one on Nick's site and information has been added to it, Is that so bad? :thumbsup:

I think it fair to say that at the moment for some strange reason, there is too much back biting and bickering going on with the present scene, and to quote little Stevie on a previous thread " The sun is shining", lets all enjoy it while we can :thumbsup:

Peace Dudes x

wasnt pasted ?? :lol:

its word for word exact and even got the same spelling mistakes :yes:

am all for sharing and such of info, but come on

to come on here, read a post and then lift someones elses reply and post it in a identical thread on another forum as your own

guys come on here and ripped site off

sure enjoy the sunshine, but dont mean gonna sit back and let shite like this go by without a word

Social source share

It's a bit much if it's just lifted spelling misatkes and all !

Who was it?

Just as an aside- the people who publish the 'A-Z' maps put in fake streets so that if they show up on other maps they know they've been lifted !

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

personally i think cross posting is a no-no

Davie, is that like cross dressing
:thumbsup:
I can't really see the point of what they did.....are they too lazy to think and type?? There's nowt so queer as folk.......
Jo

Social source share

When a new Indian restaurant opened next to a long established one, the upstart stole the menu of its rival and just offered dthe same stuff with one or two changes. But there were a few changes they didn't make at the printers. The old restaurant was called the Taj Mahal (not really, but we don't want any more legal writs) and the new one was named The Bombay Palace. The first time I sat down in the Bombay Palace, I got a bit confused when I found myself ordering 'Taj Mahal Special Rice'.

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Just as an aside- the people who publish the 'A-Z' maps put in fake streets so that if they show up on other maps they know they've been lifted !

Same thing is alleged to happen with certain record price guides....wouldn't you love to piss off the A-Z people and actually build one of their fake street? That'd surprise 'em!

As to the cut n' paste job, really stupid behaviour, all you need to do is cross link to the thread on here. raresoulforum and this site used to do that a fair amount if I recall correctly?

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I can't really see the point of what they did.....are they too lazy to think and type?? There's nowt so queer as folk.......
:lol:
Jo

hmm let me think :thumbsup: ...i've done one and not the other (make your own mind up lolol) ...

anyhoo back to the point ...cross postings can occaionally be taken out of context and start bother as it has on other lists , maybe not in this case but i happens

Davie

Social source share

Is cross dressing like when you put your trousers on upside down and when you realise you get all angry hot and bothered and have to blow down the front of your blouse ?

Oh ah errr I mean blow down your shirt... it's these heels they're killing me.

Jo

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

wasnt pasted ?? :lol:

its word for word exact and even got the same spelling mistakes :thumbsup:

am all for sharing and such of info, but come on

to come on here, read a post and then lift someones elses reply and post it in a identical thread on another forum as your own

guys come on here and ripped site off

sure enjoy the sunshine, but dont mean gonna sit back and let shite like this go by without a word

Language Micheal ! (you might get your own moderators onto you if you're not careful) :thumbsup:

Edited by ZTSC
Social source share

The guy's name isn't DJ Tiesticles is it? Someone of that name made a complete fool of himself a couple of years back on the dance scene by copy/pasting an event review someone else wrote onto a forum, preceded by the words "was a great night, didnt see u tho" which became something of a net catchphrase for a while post-1819-1149942958.png

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert