Record Stolen: Richard Stoute - What Bag I'm In

kristian

Dear all,

someone at Belgium Postal Service/Belgium Customs or Canada Postal Service stole my long desired Richard Stoute record. Because the customs did not notifying me in time, it went back to the sender. Well, at least an empty shipping box did.

So... if you come across this record in MINT condition including MINT original company sleeve (Same one like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1m3Sq8rqlM) and/or picture sleeve from a unreliable source let me know!

Thanks a lot

Kristian Auth

Edited by kristian
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

very sorry to hear this a record that rare in a compny sleeve will stick out like a sore thumb I hope the mystery get's solved for you Sir. Regards Simon.

Social source share

are you sure the box did ever contain a 45 when it was stuck in customs ? very unlikely to imagine a custom officer opening the box, deciding to steal a record which would see him loose his job in case ever came to light, to then re-close said box and send it off again ? would have been easier to just steal the whole box surely... ??!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I agree with Marc...that box never had a record inside it! Is it possible the seller had a few items to box up and post,and forgot to put the 45 in the box?

Then surely the seller would have known and contacted him. Is it a known and respected dealer do we know ?

Social source share

was the weight of the package recorded when sent ?

and have you still got it ?

don't think so...  but it makes no sense, without the incompetence of the Belgium post I would have receive the package. The only thing, I can think of, that it went back to the sender, and he just cheats, by sayin the record is gone!

Social source share

are you sure the box did ever contain a 45 when it was stuck in customs ? very unlikely to imagine a custom officer opening the box, deciding to steal a record which would see him loose his job in case ever came to light, to then re-close said box and send it off again ? would have been easier to just steal the whole box surely... ??!

If it's gone missing on route it will be someone from whichever postal service not customs although you do get bad eggs in every organisation.

Social source share

I'm with Marc, IMO it's only urban myth that some posties open mailers, take out the record and re-seal mailer in a way nobody notices it. Unless somebody proves otherwise my bet is that in all these "empty mailer" cases seller didn't send the record just the mailer, deliberately or not.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!