Important News - Save Our Soul Shack London

• Replies 227
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Mark... did you make some good dosh from donations via paypal?

Karen, all of this has been put together by Jo Wallace and Richard Brown so they hold the purse strings as it were, the support and dedication of these two has been awesome, the donations so far raised has been wonderful and it proves what a brilliant scene this is when people respond in this way, it humbles me and i can't thank everyone enough, the best way i know is to give them a blinding selection of records on Saturday in London so i hope to see loads there for some quality soul.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi all

To save you having to wade through 4 pages of other info:

Save Our Soul Shack @ The Marine Broker, Leman Street, London E1

Saturday 9th September 2006 9pm til 2am

Tickets sales have gone really well but just to let you all know that there will be sales on the doors for anyone that hasn't already ordered them at minimum entry fee of £5 per person

here's a map

https://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...=7&out.y=12

here's the dj lineup

Mark Bicknell (All Around the World/ Solar Radio)

Roger Stewart (100 Club)

Dawn Brown (Scenesville)

Chris Dale (Scenesville)

Alan Handscombe (Capitol Soul)

Paul McKay (Soul In the City)

Paul Dunn (Cleethorpes/ 100 Club)

Jo Wallace (These Old Shoes)

Richard Brown (Upbeat)

Sharnya Hale (100 Club)

Tony Smith (100 Club)

Let's 'ave it

Edited by richard

Hmmm, well orders are still coming through so maybe if you are just planing on turning up on the night you'd perhaps better get there early doors

Good Good Feeling as The Falcons would say on this one, just soughted a few tunes out, hotel and train booked, just need a few folk to have a good night with, thanks in advance for your support, it's gonna be a big night.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

You can make a donation on the night and pay on the door as we are running out of time to get advance tickets out to you on time, the night promises to be a superb night of soul in the capitol so see you there, 9pm through 2am - in two rooms with some stunning DJ's, raffle, a few cold ones.....bliss.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Guest kent soul club

Hmmm, well orders are still coming through so maybe if you are just planing on turning up on the night you'd perhaps better get there early doors

We still haven't got round to ordering advance tickets so if you could hold a couple on the door that would be great. Got a few others interested but think they will pay on the night too - some people just won't make plans more than 24 hours in advance!!!

Really looking forward to this.

Martin & Toni. :yes:

Guest vinylvixen

We still haven't got round to ordering advance tickets so if you could hold a couple on the door that would be great. Got a few others interested but think they will pay on the night too - some people just won't make plans more than 24 hours in advance!!!

No problem.... :D get your fivers ready, line up in a nice orderly fashion and I'll frisk you for any rare vinyl and you're in....no questions asked :D We're really looking forward to seeing you - and at least you know the way now - and fingers crossed, it won't be raining :yes: See you Saturday...Jo

Martin and Toni, take no notice of Miss Wallace she just likes to touch people...lol looking forward to seeing you all from sunny Kent, just contact Jo or Richard and tell your friends to do the same, anyone turning up on the night will get in, just be nice if you could all let us know in advance at least then someone can be on the door to meet and greet and secure the donations....lol

See you Saturday - Regards Mark Bicknell.

Guest vinylvixen

Martin and Toni, take no notice of Miss Wallace she just likes to touch people...lol looking forward to seeing you all from sunny Kent, just contact Jo or Richard and tell your friends to do the same, anyone turning up on the night will get in, just be nice if you could all let us know in advance at least then someone can be on the door to meet and greet and secure the donations....lol

See you Saturday - Regards Mark Bicknell.

I will be on the door, Mark and as Chief Door Whore it is one of the perks of the job to frisk - whether it's necessary or not :( Pay on the door and I might let you off.....then again :( See y'all there huh.gif Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Went to have a look at the venue yesterday lunchtime. It's at the Aldgate East end of Leman Street and if you are coming by tube Aldgate East is the closest station and you need exit 22 from the labyrinth.

Thanks to Soul Scout Mckay......
:P
He is VERY intrepid......both on and off the decks
:yes:
When you exit from Hole 22, turn left into Leman Street and you will see the seething mass of people trying to get into the Marine Broker......

Does anyone have access to a tombola
Jo

Thanks to Soul Scout Mckay......
He is VERY intrepid......both on and off the decks
When you exit from Hole 22, turn left into Leman Street and you will see the seething mass of people trying to get into the Marine Broker......

Does anyone have access to a tombola
Jo

Jo. i can get a tombola if needed, let me know and I'll pick it up tonight.

Lucy

Guest CapitolSC

Looking forward to seeing everyone on sat night

jo asked me for a top five last week

so here it is better late than never

Willie Williams Name it RCA

Isonics Sugar Kammy

Huns Review Dont make me love you Sorro

California Rock Choir whoever you are Cyclone

Perk Lee The Docks Boss

Its gonna be a good one

Al H :yes:

Guest vinylvixen

Jo. i can get a tombola if needed, let me know and I'll pick it up tonight.

Lucy

YES PLEASE....I feel like a Soul Spin coming on
the raffle prizes are FAB....Jo

Guest vinylvixen

looking good!

-always nice to see North/South co-operation.

:wicked:

What, North/ South London
I do believe the plan is beginning to come together nicely
:thumbsup:
Don't forget to bring your Hard as Nails tickets with you
See you soon. Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Anyone who is looking for a hotel close by, we've got booked in the Comfort Hotel in Chamber Street, worked out £85 for 2 inc continental breakfast, details herewith:-

Not sure if they've any rooms left, but worth a try..

Jon

Thanks Jon
:thumbsup:
I know Simon Bridger was looking for a hotel for the night. There is the Ibis at the bottom of Commercial STREET...not Commercial ROAD....and that's only round the corner too....but yours looks good
:wicked:
Jo

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

Well it's nearly teatime so need some Soul Food :thumbsup:

save some for the others though mate :wicked:

no seriously looks like its gonna be a fantastic night ..and what with als and everyone elses top 5 selection looks like a lot of dancings gonna be done ... jo about the raffle do i have to buy a whole strip or can i just buy an individual ticket and if yes can i owe you .

Edited by HiTtHeBoNgO
Guest vinylvixen

Cheers Rich... see you Saturday. :thumbsup:

Message to all dj's my misses is gonna be on cruthes from next week for 6 weeks so then she won't be able to dance ... so she's depending on you lot this week.. :dance:

So it's stompers all round then :P Sorry to hear about the leg, Mrs Mischief... :D Looking forward to seeing you both Saturday :tumbleweed3: Jo

Thanks Jon
:tumbleweed3:
I know Simon Bridger was looking for a hotel for the night. There is the Ibis at the bottom of Commercial STREET...not Commercial ROAD....and that's only round the corner too....but yours looks good
Jo

Cheers Jo & Jon, we've booked the Comfort hotel for Saturday night, really looking forward to the do!

I wonder if Alan H will dedicate the Huns' Review to me, the last two times we've been at venues where the other has djayed that tune has been dedicated to the other (sorry, that's cr*p english!) :thumbsup:

Maybe we should get a Huns' Review supporters club going, i saw JJ had it in her playlist the other day also, top toon!

Simon

Guest vinylvixen

Cheers Jo & Jon, we've booked the Comfort hotel for Saturday night, really looking forward to the do!

I wonder if Alan H will dedicate the Huns' Review to me, the last two times we've been at venues where the other has djayed that tune has been dedicated to the other (sorry, that's cr*p english!) :P

Maybe we should get a Huns' Review supporters club going, i saw JJ had it in her playlist the other day also, top toon!

Simon

Richard can get a good quote on T-shirts :thumbsup: ....although I'm not quite sure how the slogan 'We love the Hun's Review' would go down... :tumbleweed3: Time is flying now....I can't believe the do will be on Saturday...It's just hit me like...TNT :D panic, organise, panic....LOL. Jo

All we need now is a nice watering hole to meet up for a few cold ones before the gig starts, i reckon from 6pm onwards so just waiting for Miss Wallace to come back to me with a decent pub and away we go, really looking forward ti this one now, thanks in advance to Jo and Richard for putting this event on, to all the DJ's for their services and to everyone who is coming along and last but not least thanks to SS for putting up with my ramblings on this thread, the show is important to me and again thanks to everyone for the support.....now to the decks!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Richard

Hoping to come along to this and get in!. Looks like good night and all for a £5.00 donation. Great DJ line-up as well, what more could u want for top 60's soul night in the big smoke.

TTM

You're very astute, Tim.....all those lovely djs for a £5 donation - but you don't get to take them home after - that's more :unsure: If you get there early, you will get in...and as it's you, I'll play you Randy Hobbs :tumbleweed3: See you there. Jo

Tim, don't worry I have your ticket mate :tumbleweed3:

Mischief, both Emma's legs will need to be in plaster up to her waist for her not to be dancing on Saturday

Dancing.gif

and a big up to the Medway possee :unsure:

Blimey, one day to go!!! Can't believe how quick this has come around :huh:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone there

Guest vinylvixen

Tim, don't worry I have your ticket mate
:rolleyes:

Mischief, both Emma's legs will need to be in plaster up to her waist for her not to be dancing on Saturday

Dancing.gif

and a big up to the Medway possee
:(

Blimey, one day to go!!! Can't believe how quick this has come around
:lol:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone there

- this is the pub....it's called the Castle and it's on Commercial Road. It's about a 10 minute walk (with a record box) from the venue. All the postcodes are on the address, so you can set your satnavs or Google Earths and check it out. Any problems, get in touch with the pub....Jo

Guest vinylvixen

- this is the pub....it's called the Castle and it's on Commercial Road. It's about a 10 minute walk (with a record box) from the venue. All the postcodes are on the address, so you can set your satnavs or Google Earths and check it out. Any problems, get in touch with the pub....Jo

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=53...mp;z=0&ar=Y - The Castle pub is where the BIG RED ARROW is and the venue, The Marine Broker is situated on the corner of the street that goes into the E of Leman Street.....so it ain't far :rolleyes: Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Looks like London Transport are at it again....improving our ageging Underground network, just when we don't want them to:

HAMMERSMITH & CITY LINE: On Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September, suspended between Edgware Road and Barking due to planned engineering works.

Same goes for the Circle Line from Edgware Road to Liverpool St...I'm not sure about the District Line - this one drops you off at Aldgate East. Double check. If not, the 15 bus drops you off just round the corner at Aldgate bus station....bleedin' 'ell, eh. Jo

Guest vinylvixen

Jo - have you sorted out the running order yet?

:sleep3::lol::lol:
Don't be daft...you know what my maths is like....I'm going to do it tonight with the aid of a calculator and an HB pencil
and all the dj names are going in a hat so there's no squabbling...

Plus, here's some more info on the travel....the District Line is running...THANK GAWD for small mercies...

the 25 Bus route ( Oxford Circus to Ilford ) goes past the end of Leman Street .. as does the 205 ( Paddington to Whitechapel ) .. and there are a few other routes too .. Heres the map to prove it .. but you will need to zoom into the East City area ..

And for those who aren't saving all their energy for dancing .. its not too long a walk from either London Bridge or Liverpool Street either....Countdown here I come
I'm going for a curry with Mark at about 5.30 so if anyone else wants to meet, we'll be at the Castle - see previous thread - and then going for good grub
:(
I've tested it personally
My mobile is 0771 747 3381 if you get lost etc etc...Jo

Well that's that then finished work tonight at 6pm until Monday, pub soughted out, so all i can say is see you at the bar in The Castle, we will be there from about 6pm....mines a lager but i'm under instructions from Miss Wallace not to get too drunk otherwise ahe will beat me....lol on seconds thoughts that might be fun, see you all in 24 hours.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest vinylvixen

Jo - have you sorted out the running order yet?

Can I do it like the FA Cup draw :lol: If all the djs could get there for about 8.45, that would be marvelous...everyone's got the postcodes for the venue & pub, extensive LT info and the raffle prizes are getting disguised - all I've got to do is sort out the bran tub :lol: Jo

Can I do it like the FA Cup draw :lol: If all the djs could get there for about 8.45, that would be marvelous...everyone's got the postcodes for the venue & pub, extensive LT info and the raffle prizes are getting disguised - all I've got to do is sort out the bran tub :lol: Jo

Jo, What's a bran tub.....lol and you don't like football...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Source Advert