East Anglian Soul Club City Club Peterborough

sjay

You're not having a pop at anyone :) A lot of stuff in modern rooms just isn't my cup of tea...

Now, if they had other rooms playing swing, doowop and rock'n'roll I'd be in there in a shot hehe2.gif

• Replies 122
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lots of nice comments on the EASC forum re the night put this one up as everyone appreciated the long drive Soul Girl and Lyndsey hadand they all appreciated the big guns being down (or is it up) there, pop on the forum for all the comments,

www.eastangliansoulclub.org

livinthesouls comments

Here, here. Coops! What a wonderful surprise to see The Soulgirl in Peterborough. Hope she had a good night and a safe trip home - was it 600 miles?

You guys put on a great night - lots of mingling and great sounds - love the sofas cheesy.gif

Hope the raffle did well - thanks to all who contributed - a valid charity; Blind dogs for the Guides, ooops sorry, still getting my words muddled! Guide Dogs for the Blind, thats it tongue.gif Sam and I enjoyed giving Stef a hand off-loading those little pink strips, it was an excuse to mingle some more cheesy.gif

Just get that floor sorted and the venue gets top marks from me. All in all a quality night - NICE ONE! Hope to see you at the Velvellettes.

KTF Lovinthesoul cool.gif

yes i know him he is a excellent dancer, embarrassing thing is i cant remember his

name :thumbsup: allways attends our do at the l.e.l soul club,st.ives, a natural dancer

:) nice photos. hopefully someone can name him!

russ

Lots of nice comments on the EASC forum re the night put this one up as everyone appreciated the long drive Soul Girl and Lyndsey hadand they all appreciated the big guns being down (or is it up) there, pop on the forum for all the comments,

www.eastangliansoulclub.org

livinthesouls comments

Here, here. Coops! What a wonderful surprise to see The Soulgirl in Peterborough. Hope she had a good night and a safe trip home - was it 600 miles?

You guys put on a great night - lots of mingling and great sounds - love the sofas cheesy.gif

Hope the raffle did well - thanks to all who contributed - a valid charity; Blind dogs for the Guides, ooops sorry, still getting my words muddled! Guide Dogs for the Blind, thats it tongue.gif Sam and I enjoyed giving Stef a hand off-loading those little pink strips, it was an excuse to mingle some more cheesy.gif

Just get that floor sorted and the venue gets top marks from me. All in all a quality night - NICE ONE! Hope to see you at the Velvellettes.

KTF Lovinthesoul cool.gif

==========

Just read some of the comments, reckon you could have a hit on your hands thumbsup.gif Will give the modern room more of a go next time I get to Peterborough, hadn't been out for a couple of weeks, so just wanted to pound the floor in the northern room.

Winnie:-)

We had thoroughly enjoyed the Modern Soul Room - nice to hear tunes from 70's through to today. Loved Andy Davies set, but couldn't really fault overall quality of music played. Onwards and upwards. We did venture upstairs to the Northern Room - blimey the heat up there really hit you as you walked in...lots of talc and sweaty dancing people really enjoying themselves.

Great night out, first of many we hope.

a few more of the lovely comments on the EASC website, pop over and check some of the others

Soul Girl and Lindsey are down for a free pizza on the next visit,top pizzas for top girls

top night, could only stop till 11.30 up at 5 next day , can't beleve i got 2nd in dance comp , till the next one, cheers.

Coops

Great night we all enjoyed it,refreshing, Modern room top notch.

Past my thanks to Steve,Kev and all who helped with the night.

See you next month

Bob

Hiya Coops

What a fantastic nite that was, absolutely brilliant, what an atmosphere.... it really was a brilliant evening bro and congratulations to you all, YA DID IT.....

Looking forward to next month now and there will definitely be a bus this time and probably bigger than a minibus at this rate....

See you soon

Dawny

last night was my type of night, I just hope it gave you both the incentive to keep at it.

Chuffin bril night, I even danced to SEVEN records and they consecutive as well

Thanks again Stef and Mick for a brilliant night it was great to go out somewhere local and hear fantastic modern sounds for a change. I think you should be pleased with the turn out considering the clash and I hope it goes from strength to strength. How did you feel the night went?

All the best Spike and Richard. Thank Steve, Kev and Andy for me they played their socks off.

PS, Richard has decided to come a bit more often as he actually enjoyed more than listening to oldies all night which bore him to death. I take my hat off to you.

Good Morning

Just a thank you for inviting us down and giving me a spot at what will become I am sure an awesome venue.

Great night, great music and a good responsive crowd who were all up for it. I thoroughly enjoyed my hour and the floor certainly seemed to as well.

Once again thank you, take care and keep safe.

Best regards always

Ian and Clare Gee

Hi Mick,

Just been onto the EASC site to see if there were any pictures yet. I look forward to this in anticipation. What a great night it was, the venue was superb, dance floor great, both rooms well attended and I loved the 'Chill out room', a nice place to have a chat with mates, and recharge my batteries. The music policy was spot on, something for everyone, I heard records, some of them old favourites that I hadn't heard in ages. You are going from strength to strength with this one, fantastic! When I got in I told Mick all about it, it's a pity he couldn't be there, he had caught the virus that I had two weeks ago, and was feeling really grotty. He is looking forward to the next one, and will see you then, if not before. KTF Karen

and a big thank you to all those who attended from me (coops) because that's what it's all about, sharing our northern souls.

pix up on EASC web site and pix & review up on www.playsforplaytime.org (reviews NOT done by me!!!)

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

how many more times are you going to spam this site with website adverts

you must know your mucker threw a tantrum when i asked him to change the name of his albums form "visit my site" to something more user friendly

yet now all you do on here is the same

whats the score?

oh yeah, how about a intro

you must know your mucker threw a tantrum when i asked him to change the name of his albums form "visit my site" to something more user friendly

whats the score?

crikey :thumbsup:

I think they're just chuffed to bits they put on a night which a lot of folk enjoyed, I know em both Mick and they haven't got a malicous bone between em. Stef take a deep breath and refrain from enjoying your succesful promotion via this forum.

crikey :thumbsup:

I think they're just chuffed to bits they put on a night which a lot of folk enjoyed, I know em both Mick and they haven't got a malicous bone between em. Stef take a deep breath and refrain from enjoying your succesful promotion via this forum.

what you on about

its "visit our site" website spam nearly every post

its taking the p*ss

Never really bin on forums b4, know a lot about Nothern but not much about computors send me some guide lines and I`ll stick to them my football hooligan days are over so i dont break the laws any more

whats the score?

Spam is useless unwanted information. Surely, in a thread about the EASC the weblinks are wanted and are pertinent.

Also, why isn't it user friendly for Coops to show the website where the original photographs are hosted - people can then go and peruse the other fantastic photo's he has of other soul nights he frequents, and let's face it, he frequents a fair few. Therefore, to take the time and trouble to bring us reviews and photos as a contribution here, why shouldn't he be allowed to mention his own website? It's not a commercial one.

Spam is useless unwanted information. Surely, in a thread about the EASC the weblinks are wanted and are pertinent.

Also, why isn't it user friendly for Coops to show the website where the original photographs are hosted - people can then go and peruse the other fantastic photo's he has of other soul nights he frequents, and let's face it, he frequents a fair few. Therefore, to take the time and trouble to bring us reviews and photos as a contribution here, why shouldn't he be allowed to mention his own website? It's not a commercial one.

what a suprise

1 - over the top website spam is unwelcome and unwanted

2 - sure no probs with weblinks to decent contributions, but posting up a few tired cheesey photos and then calling each album "visit my blah blah site" is not what i call decent contributions

What a surprise? Thanks for that.

Like I said, it cannot be deemed to be spam - you might not like it but others appreciate the links especially those that attended this event.

Tired cheesy photos? Mike! How can you say that? They're brilliant photos. No one else does anything anywhere near as good - it's easy to point and click hundreds of photos like the rest of us but Coops goes out of his his way to take artistic shots and then proceeds to spend a lot of time making them more interesting. How is that cheesy?

What a surprise? Thanks for that.

Like I said, it cannot be deemed to be spam - you might not like it but others appreciate the links especially those that attended this event.

Tired cheesy photos? Mike! How can you say that? They're brilliant photos. No one else does anything anywhere near as good - it's easy to point and click hundreds of photos like the rest of us but Coops goes out of his his way to take artistic shots and then proceeds to spend a lot of time making them more interesting. How is that cheesy?

ta for views

as said consider its over the top website spam

no need to post that many "visit our site for more" posts

no one else does it here or elsewhere

new member, no intro , only posting in one event post, apart from the odd "visit our site" post in other thread, other guy involved in event was also doing similar

been asked to tone it down

end of story