East Anglian Soul Club City Club Peterborough

sjay

• Replies 122
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Coops was telling me he is gonna record all the shows thru the sound sytem on the nite also video all the action on the dance floor and they will be available the following nite as combined live shows for each jock,on his website www.eastangliansoulclub.org

(07840) 869 895

check it out, its pretty cool, lots of nice old photos and if you were an EASC member there is a buzzing forum building, they would love to here from you

Coops was telling me he is gonna record all the shows thru the sound sytem on the nite also video all the action on the dance floor and they will be available the following nite as combined live shows for each jock,on his website www.eastangliansoulclub.org

(07840) 869 895

check it out, its pretty cool, lots of nice old photos and if you were an EASC member there is a buzzing forum building, they would love to here from you [/q.uote] .

i will b checking that out as soon as its ready ......................

........cu all there friday .......... bus trip from ashfield .............

pete (bentinck )

Oh God Lindsay.... I nearly scored 100 points with that silly bugger.. fancy Cities still using the old fashioned zebra crossings!

The recording of the whole night is a fab idea! I usually buy the DVD's of the weekenders I attend... it's a fantastic way of strolling down memory lane a few years later.

I hope we'll be able to purchase DVD copies of your recordings coops :lol:

This is hotting up to be a super night isn't it :yes:

Oh God Lindsay.... I nearly scored 100 points with that silly bugger.. fancy Cities still using the old fashioned zebra crossings!

The recording of the whole night is a fab idea! I usually buy the DVD's of the weekenders I attend... it's a fantastic way of strolling down memory lane a few years later.

I hope we'll be able to purchase DVD copies of your recordings coops :lol:

This is hotting up to be a super night isn't it :P

With recording the music seperatetly, it will be of higher quality on the DVD and Coops is also gonna drop the live recording onto Cd and they will be the freebies at the next one, so you can spin around in your car , listen to some great tunes and remember a great nite

a few nice bonuses for everyone attending

Free cd with some great tunes on

Free pizza voucher for the Soul Surf Cafe, great pizzas and great music(Dean loved it there)

A promo dvd of Velvelettes and Pheonix Anniversary with Dean Parrish live at the college( see where all friends after all these years arnt we Paul)

All the night will be recorded and then played as live recordings

Me trying to outdance Carl Piper in the dancing comp :)

lots of old faces there

Check it out , you know it makes sense

Stef why did you mention free pizzas ???I keep getting enquiries from someone calling himself homeboy simpson asking how to get a free pizza :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though interest is huge so please arrive early :yes:thumbsup.gif:lol:

See ya all there

Steve

Just had confirmation of another mini bus load, dont want to turn anyone away so if your coming then tel and reserve your place, look forward to seeing everyone there

e a s t a n g l i a n s o u l c l u b

www.eastangliansoulclub.org

(07840) 869 895

or drop a line on this web site

Coops has had 20 odd calls so all looking very good , lots of old faces

Marion & Jim from St Neots are looking forward to it - should be arriving 8.30pm - 9pm.

Anybody going who used to frequent 'Pentney Abbey' near Kings Lynn from many moons ago ? .......Andy used to consistently take the roof off...mental nights out ! :thumbsup:

Marion & Jim from St Neots are looking forward to it - should be arriving 8.30pm - 9pm.

Anybody going who used to frequent 'Pentney Abbey' near Kings Lynn from many moons ago ? .......Andy used to consistently take the roof off...mental nights out ! :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing ya all

=============

I'm pretty sure I'll be there, will have on an I went to Wigan T-shirt, meet you when they play the three before eight smile.gifsmile.gif

Just surfacing after last night and I just want to thank everyone for the fantastic first night @The City Club Peterborough,running the Modern /Crossover room ,I didnt get to spend much time in the Northern Room but I know it was very busy and the only complaint seemed to be that it wasnt big enough!!!!!

Myself and Kev would like to thank everyone who joined us in the Modern /Crossover room for a really enjoyable first night and would like to thank Miick and Mo and Andy Davies for their guest spots.

Once again a million thanks to everyone for the support and giving us a first night we could only have dreamed, of remember the next one is Friday 24th November and or Modern room guest is Northamptons Cliff Steel

Keep it real.

Steve

I surfaced at 3.30pm! Got to Fleet, eye's closing so had a kip - woke up at 6am LOL.

Anyway, great night, so hot the condensation was dripping on my head from the ceiling!!

Photos are up: https://www.thesoulgirl.com/html/eventphotos.php

=============

Going for the minimalist style with the review Karen? tongue.gif

Really good night, especially for dancers, and as that was what the audience was mainly made up of so "it did what it said on the tin". No agendas, how refreshing thumbsup.gif

A big thankyou to all those who attended from the Soul Source forum , with special mention to Soul Girl and Lindsey for putting in the airmiles, thats along old treck and if you can make another do I`ve organised accomaodation for you, thanks for judging the dancing comp, I reckon Andy is one of the best dancers I`ve ever seen.

Hope to see you again, got to mention you to had acouple of admirers "who are those two hot chicks" not really Northern talk but nice to know youve still got it.

Nice to meet Winnie, he `s a pretty good mover, dont blame him for hogging the best bit of dancfloor, with the Bedford link I kinda thought the guy was Italian, so apologies there mate, hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you again

Stef

I've given my apologies to everyone on another site... laugh.gif great night with apparently a superb match report to follow from Steve Parker from the West Midlands.

Btw Karen did you and your mate get the two comp tickets I sorted for you and what time di you take those photos, It was chocker at 12-30 when I left.

My photos are from the time we arrived - about 10.30 till the end :yes:

It was a pleasure to judge the dance competition although they all needed an additional record to actually get off their arses and dance :lol:

I chose the winner not only because he was a good dancer but because of the passion and enthusiasm that emenated from his feet up to his head! A peppering of acrobatics gave the audience something different to watch and the routines were changeable and unpredictable which is what I really appreciated.

The runner up was chosen because his footwork was so smooth, uncluttered and flowing.

There was a fantastic pair of spencers on the dancefloor... I LOVED those red pockets - I want a pair!

There was another guy on the dancefloor, wearing baggy jeans with patches on... he was a brilliant dancer I must say! Shame not all the dancers entered the comp!

Thanks for the offer for another time, may well take you up on that offer :hypo:

The reason it took a bit of encouragement to get more people in the dance comp was cus they all new Andy was brill, only ever seen him loose to Carl Piper so I guess they thought it wasnt worth dancing to loose, obviously i wasnt alllowed in as an organiser and Paul hadnt arrived yet :yes: otherwise a different outcome may have transpired.

think the lad with badges was Andy who should have entered as I think he would have given him a run for money, seen your lovely photos on the your web site.

I think Coops will have his photos on the EASC site tomorrow and my mate took some snaps and the press were there so should be lots of photos soon

I surfaced at 3.30pm! Got to Fleet, eye's closing so had a kip - woke up at 6am LOL.

Anyway, great night, so hot the condensation was dripping on my head from the ceiling!!

Photos are up: https://www.thesoulgirl.com/html/eventphotos.php

JUST SAW ALL THE PICS YOU TOOK OF THE NORTHERN ROOM I AM SORRY THAT YOU DIDNT DIDNT FIND YOUR WAY INTO THE MODERN/CROSSOVER ROOM :lol::( DONT KNOW WHETHER THEY DIDNT TELL WHERE IT WASYOU OR WHETHER YOU DIDNT FANCY A TRIP TO THE DARKSIDE :hypo::hypo::hypo: !

IF YOU HAD YOU COULD HAVE SHOWN EVERYONE A COOL CROWD OF HAPPY SOULIES ENJOYING THE MUSIC!!!

BUT NOT TO WORRY AS COOPS DID THE HONOURS AND RECORDED THE ACTION FOR POSTERITY AND WILL NO DONT HAVE IT UPLOADED ASAP :hypo::hypo:

iF YOU MISSED THIS FIRST NIGHT DONT FORGET THE DATE FOR YOU DIARY IS FRIDAY 24TH NOVEMBER OUR GUEST IN THE MODERN ROOM IS CLIFF STEELE, REMEMBER THIS IS THE ONLY REGULAR DEDICATED MODERN/CROSSOVER ROOM IN EAST ANGLIA SO GET DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT :yes::lol:

STEVE

This was the guy I thought was a good dancer :hypo: I took 3 photo's in succession so I've modded them into one photo :hypo:

eascdancer.jpg

yes i know him he is a excellent dancer, embarrassing thing is i cant remember his

name :lol: allways attends our do at the l.e.l soul club,st.ives, a natural dancer

:yes: nice photos. hopefully someone can name him!

russ

yes i know him he is a excellent dancer, embarrassing thing is i cant remember his

name :lol: allways attends our do at the l.e.l soul club,st.ives, a natural dancer

:yes: nice photos. hopefully someone can name him!

russ

=============

I know him as well but also can't remember his name. Maybe comes from St Neots?

===========

His name is John Cambridge, or he's John from Cambridge......soz brain a bit mashed at the moment. Anyway the name John does ring a bell, and yeah he's a nice dancer :thumbsup:

sorry win . mine`s not so good this morning. :)

Is name is John cambridge . from st ives , a LEL club regular , does the scooter club runs like the Isle of wight.

Dances all night without any aid. :(

The reason it took a bit of encouragement to get more people in the dance comp was cus they all new Andy was brill, only ever seen him loose to Carl Piper so I guess they thought it wasnt worth dancing to loose, obviously i wasnt alllowed in as an organiser and Paul hadnt arrived yet :) otherwise a different outcome may have transpired.

think the lad with badges was Andy who should have entered as I think he would have given him a run for money, seen your lovely photos on the your web site.

I think Coops will have his photos on the EASC site tomorrow and my mate took some snaps and the press were there so should be lots of photos soon

[/quot

IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT THOUGHT ABOUT GOING INTO THE DAC COMP I NEED 6 SQUARE MTS TO ACIEVE MY GOLD.BILLY

I didn't venture into the Modern room, because I don't like modern cheekyGirl.gif

Oh Karen Im so sorry :P:D I guess the term modern room is a little confusing.Our aim a this event is to pay homage to where we all stated here in East Anglia(I was actually a DJ. in the oldies room at St Ives!!) the modern room we run is just to provide an alternative to those who have moved on up over the last 30 years into a natural progression in the music.

Our playlist on Friday rannged from The Kings Of Soul thru Norris vines to Kirk Franklin ie right across the board SOUL.

I guess I could describe a lot of our crowd as being bi-soulful (God is that a new word :(:lol: )ie starting on the Northern scene but over the last 30 years moving on up and embracing a more modern slant to the music , we are now giving them somewhere to enjoy it and ecourage those that are bi-soulcurious(oh no Ive done it again!!) to give it a try !!

I would say your brill dancer John(the 3 pic man)is deffo bi-soulful as he was back and forth to the modern room where ,,just like the northern room , he set the dancefloor on fire!!

Karen I want to thank you once again for your support with our first event ,so please dont think i am having a pop as I certainly am not , I just want everone to see what we are doing with this room so when so come back up please pop in and say hello :):thumbsup:

Steve