Bettye LaVette a month ago

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, whiskyagogo said:

A great Soul singer, hopefully I will see her perform one day soon!!

Have seen many live soul acts over the years but can't think of any as spellbinding as Bettye Lavette at Cleethorpes w/ender (1994 I think). You could have heard a pin drop during 'Let me down easy' - totally took the room to another place

Social source share

On 5/30/2016 at 08:37, Chris Turnbull said:

can't think of any as spellbinding as Bettye Lavette at Cleethorpes w/ender (1994 I think). You could have heard a pin drop during 'Let me down easy' - totally took the room to another place

Bettye spent some considerable time with us that weekender ......  though she always put on a great show by then she HATED doing NS shows and told us so at every opportunity. She refused to do any after she went big with the US rock crowd BUT it seems she needs the money again now. So, she's doing them once again.

Social source share

On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 07:02, Roburt said:

Bettye spent some considerable time with us that weekender ......  though she always put on a great show by then she HATED doing NS shows and told us so at every opportunity. She refused to do any after she went big with the US rock crowd BUT it seems she needs the money again now. So, she's doing them once again.

Roburt...she quoted she was fed up of NS fans shouting out for her to sing 'make me yours'!!!.:rofl:..so we can't blame her...seen her a few times i think she's great live act...i've also heard NS fans bemoan her singing the slower stuff!

Dave L

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert