Rare Sam & Kitty East Coast WDJ Promo?

Guest randy

Guest randy

Sam & Kitty East Coast WDJ Promo

Appears to be an extremely rare East Coast WDJ promo Four Brothers on single line ATCO distributed with molded label. 

Sam & Kitty WDJ Flipside.jpgSam & Kitty WDJ Plugside.jpg

All the Run out markings look correct as an ATCO/Atlantic press.

Plug side run out etching 4-Bros - 10466 - 11 w L  AT

Flip side run out etching 4-Bros - 10467 - 11  w L  AT

Can’t find any mention in discussions here etc or labels scans on the web of this WDJ promo label variant existing.

Has any one seen one of these before why is this so rare? any further info would be great

Social source share

Guest randy

I hear what you say but nobody seems to have has ever mentioned this variant on here as far as I can see and there don't appear to be any images of this style of WDJ promo on the web that I can find its not listed on Discogs etc . I would say it appears to be rarer and more obscurer than the West Coast WDJ promo on the face of it. 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, randy said:

I hear what you say but nobody seems to have has ever mentioned this variant on here as far as I can see and there don't appear to be any images of this style of WDJ promo on the web that I can find its not listed on Discogs etc . I would say it appears to be rarer and more obscurer than the West Coast WDJ promo on the face of it. 

must admit I`ve not seen another till I saw yours !

Social source share

Guest randy

That's my copy so we are still only at two copies on here so far

Anybody else on here have this East Coast WDJ promo? Never been bootleg on this format as far as I'm aware

How many have a real West Coast WDJ promo?

Social source share

48 minutes ago, randy said:

Anybody else on here have this East Coast WDJ promo? Never been bootleg on this format as far as I'm aware

I actually have both demos, as well as an issue copy. I can dig them out and provide other details if you want.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I saw a fair amount of those back in the mid-late 60s and into the '70s.  I would never have called it a "rare" issue back then.  I remember a lot more of those and the Midwestern WDJs than the West Coast issue.  Of course, I have no idea of what numbers of any of those made it over to The UK and circulated on The Northern scene.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, randy said:

Hi Paul

Here is my East Coast demo, perhaps the one that you have seen more of, similar markings to yours with two small diamond shaped machine stampings.

samkittyecdemo.jpg

Social source share

I think I have the one shown on top of the thread.  But, unfortunately, I won't be with most my 45s until September (I'm in Muenchen, Germany now).  So, I can't check.  But, I remember more of the lower posted issue being around in the late '60s in USA.

Social source share

On 07/07/2016 at 21:17, randy said:

Sam & Kitty East Coast WDJ Promo

Appears to be an extremely rare East Coast WDJ promo Four Brothers on single line ATCO distributed with molded label. 

Sam & Kitty WDJ Flipside.jpgSam & Kitty WDJ Plugside.jpg

All the Run out markings look correct as an ATCO/Atlantic press.

Plug side run out etching 4-Bros - 10466 - 11 w L  AT

Flip side run out etching 4-Bros - 10467 - 11  w L  AT

Can’t find any mention in discussions here etc or labels scans on the web of this WDJ promo label variant existing.

Has any one seen one of these before why is this so rare? any further info would be great

sam-andkitty-ive-got-something-good-four

Nothing wrong with the matrix as I can see. Your DEMO has Identical matrix to my Stock Copy with same label variation.

Matrix_2.pngMatrix_1.png

Quite a Rare find in 2016

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...
On 9 July 2016 at 15:15, Dazz said:

Hi Paul

Here is my East Coast demo, perhaps the one that you have seen more of, similar markings to yours with two small diamond shaped machine stampings.

samkittyecdemo.jpg

I have the above 45 but can't work out if it is original or not. It has all the correct markings according to the guide - the w L - the AT scratched in, diamond machine markings etc on moulded vinyl.

EXCEPT - the matrix numbers read 4 - bros - 10467 - 1 (have re-used the pic of this below that 45cellar posted)

Where according to all the info it should read 4 - bros - 10467 - 11.

Matrix_1.jpg

Is this original or not? Anyone know? Bought from a reputable dealer many years ago.

Edited by corbett80
Social source share

This is the 45 i have with all correct markings etc (except mine is a white copy). I've lightened up the picture to reveal the run out info.

The only thing as you can see on this copy is the matrix is missing a 1:  4 - bros - 10467 - 1   not   4 - bros - 10467 - 11

Does anyone know if this is a genuine copy?

Confused of London

post-9294-0-69069500-1414612654 copy.jpg

Edited by corbett80
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!