Aretha Franklin One Step Ahead info please

Soul16

Could somebody tell me if the copy currently on eBay and ending tonight is a boot?

I get the feeling it is because 'ZSP 79988' along with a run time of 2.26 appears on both sides of the record. After checking on Popsike I noticed that the seller previously sold a similar copy back in April. It also looks like it may be vinyl, I assume that the genuine article is styrene.

I ask the question because I wasn't aware that there was a lookie likey copy doing the rounds.

Andrew

Edited by Soul16
Social source share

https://www.popsike.com/Aretha-Franklin-One-Step-Ahead-Northern-Soul-45-Columbia-mp3/151621333060.html

I would assume with Columbia pressings, there could well be a vinyl prssing as well. However, the typesetting on that label looks very suspect (especially on the flipside, with the wrong track time). Looks the same as the copy on popsike listed above. The Columbia logo looks wrong, the songwriting credit "c. Singleton" should have a capital "C". Yup, looks pretty dodgy to me...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by cover-up
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Windlesoul said:

Peggy Gaines does an incredible version of it on Night Train (with the Hytones), I've posted it a few times on FB. Pity it was never released. Though no doubt someone will now boot the NT videoclip and flog it as an acetate.

Thanks for that mate. Wasn't aware of it - it's good.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!