Metaphorically Speaking

Paul R

The recent post talking about The Voices Of East Harlem, Cashing In, reminds me of something about many early 70s recordings, the use of metaphors to describe various relationships. Obviously Cashing In, comparing life with finance. Others include Eloise Laws, Love Factory and Lynn Vernado, Wash And Wear Love. Are there any others that spring to mind?

Paul

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Paul r said:

The recent post talking about The Voices Of East Harlem, Cashing In, reminds me of something about many early 70s recordings, the use of metaphors to describe various relationships. Obviously Cashing In, comparing life with finance. Others include Eloise Laws, Love Factory and Lynn Vernado, Wash And Wear Love. Are there any others that spring to mind?

Paul

I bet there are hundreds Paul. I'll get me thinking cap on.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

"Figures of speech" - i.e. what exactly is what - sometimes make my head want to explode. And that of course is some kind of figure of speech in its own right! :)

What about Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit"? The title anyway. Is that a metaphor? Maybe . . . . . . .

MB

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Is this an analogy, or a simile, or a comparison or a metaphor. Must be one or other of those. LOL! Just Like The Weather - Nolan Chance

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

So, Turning My Heartbeat Up.....is it about music, narcotics or a bit of 'ows yer father? Whichever, its more than enough to fill his loving cup and still he wants more! It builds to a gigantic crescendo at the end. Had me cross eyed for years that one. ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!