Vavavoom New Year Eve Allnighter 2006 London

Yann V

Hi everybody,

Ady Lupton & myself are pleased to confirm that the VaVaVoom New Year Eve Allnighter is going to take place at the Dust bar in Clerkenwell in London.

Top Dj's Line Up with two rooms of Rare quality Soul music

8pm-6am

ROOM 1:

Rare 60's, Northern & Crossover:

Arhtur Fenn

Dave Flynn

Nick Hackett

Alan Handscombe

Tony Smith

Joel Maslin

Yann Vatiste

Ady Lupton

ROOM 2:

Quality Modern Soul

Paul Sutton

Ben Summers

Miles Eastwick

John & Ali Nightingale

Mark Randell

Karl Marthon

Arthur Fenn

Tickets are now available for sale.

For Full details please log on:

https://web.mac.com/yannvatiste/iWeb/Va-Va-...Allnighter.html

https://web.mac.com/yannvatiste/iWeb/Va-Va-Voom/Bookings.html

:yes:

Is going to be a cracker, so see you there!!!

Regards

Yann

post-3542-1161975202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yann V
  • Replies 144
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Blatantly stealing a promotional tactic here now(cheers chris)by posting up our Dj's top 10's every few days, hopefully to give anyone who hasn't heard them play, or even heard of them an idea of the kind of sounds they can look forward to on our NOT TO BE MISSED! NEW YEARS EVE SPECIAL..

Oh & so it keeps it plugged near the top.

First up Master Joel Maslin.

Probably our youngest Dj at the tender age of 26. Joel enjoys walks in the park, model aircraft making, gymnastics & orientering.

When Joel isn't busy getting mucky with his airfix joystick in his cockpit, he likes to spend his hard earned paper round on records like this.

1.) Paulette - Love You Babe - Contact

2.) Norwood Long - I'd Like To Have You - Groovy Grooves

3.) Eula Cooper - Let Our Love Grow Higher - Super Sound

4.) King Ernest -- You're Gonna Miss Me -- Sonic

5.) Little Tommy - Baby Can't You See - Sound Of Soul

6.) The Huns Review - Don't Make Me Love You - Sorro

7.) The Fantastics - Me & You - SS7

8.) Norma Jean - I've Taken Over - Hep Me

9.) JP Robinson - Our Day Is Here - Blue Candle

10.) Mark IV - Signs Of A Dying Love - OTB

Don't Delay get your tickets soon, limited amount available! Don't Miss Out!!

Cheers ady

Featuring in the modern room Benjamen

Ben Summers was the driving force behind "Seriously Soulful" & the infamous "Wheatsheaf" NYE do's of yesteryear.

An extremely bubbly & enthusiastic character who won't let you get a word in given half the chance. Reminisent in stature to Ronnie Corbett but without the humour, Ben's continual gloating & arrogance can become tiresome but he does have a huge & varied collection to delve into.

Be it modern or northern he can really turn it on!

Hi Ady,

Here's my load of tosh:

The Persuaders I want to make it with you Atco LP

Bonnie Blanchard You're the only one CRS

Willie Brown Love that stranger Tri-it

Emmitt Long Call me Donoyia

Hearts of Stone If I could give you the world VIP

James Brown Lost someone Polydor LP

Bobby Shannon You're an uplift To-mar

Billy Kent Take it all this time Expo

Sly, Slick & Wicked Sho' nuff People

Rozetta Johnson How can you lose Clintone

something you never had

Hi Ady ,will you have tickets for sale with you on Saturday night at the Tower Tavern.If yes can you put me by 5 tickets cheers mate and i can pay for them Saturday night. :lol:

I know its still just under 2 months away but as we've mentioned before this is gonna be a strictly advance ticket only event of which there are only a ltd amount of tickets hence the heavy plugging. We want to advoid any tickets going out during the busy xmas post & or people being dissapointed because we've sold out. So buy them soon £15 b4 1st Dec £20 after if we've got any left. This really is gonna be a Great night & we don't want you to miss out!

Mr Nick Hackett has kindly put together his own profile to give a true perspective of his character..

, im nick,im nearly 37,am going bald and sometimes follow through when drinking guiness,i like collecting buffet carriage numbers at weston super mare and paddington railway stns whilst on a pogo stick.i spend most of my cash on hubbabubbabubblegum enjoying all flavours.I work as a part time windscreen cleaner at the junction of edgware rd and also fall down open manhole covers to pay for these 10 tunes...

1 Bettye Lavette..stand up like a man..calla

2 Little Johnnie Hamilton..oh how i love you..dore

3 Johnny Hampton..not my girl..dottys

4 Carol Anderson..taking my mind off love/im not worried..dottys

5 Jackey Beavers..bring me all your heartaches..grand land

6 Hollidays..i lost you..groove city

7.Professionals..did my baby call/thats why love you hannah..groove city

8.Tommy Ridgley..my love gets stronger..international city

9.Don Varner..tear stained face..quinvy

10.Four Voices..your love is getting stronger..voice.

Guest Johnny One Trout

Looking forward to NYE in the smoke (Flyers arrived safely btw Ady) Hotel booked already now i just have to learn to take things in moderation up until then i wouldn't want to spoil myself for the night

JoT

In Room Two : Miles Eastwick

Miles first found fame as a child star alongside Harrison Ford in the classic film "Witness". It was during the filming of this that Miles so impressed by their simple & pure life actually became a Quaker. Miles is the long suffering husband to his rather wayward with Hanna,whom he has still not forgiven since she tried to tempt him into Evil with a glass of sherry last Christmas(a christian festival).

He returns to the plains of Pensillvania every year to escape as he puts it "The Filthy Degradation Of Satans Soul Scene" & to find solice,peace & of course PURE Soul 45's, alas this is the sort rubbish he normally returns with.

Eh up fellas

Top ten again but with helpful info

1. Boney James feat Esthero - Shine (Universal Jazz CD)

2. Javen feat Deitrick Haddon - Not gonna worry (JCM CD)

3. The Globetroddas - Love (Kajmere 12)

4. Shy FX feat T Power - Feelings -Incognito remix (Soundboy 12)

5. Deitrick Haddon - So good to be in love (Verity CD)

6. Doob - Princess (Inphusion 12)

7. Boozoo Bajou - Take it slow -Mousse T slow mix (K7 12)

8. Secret Stealth - Dream of you (Bocajito download)

9. Witness - No good thing (Axiom CD)

10. Womack and Womack - Life is just a ball game -Blackbeard rework (Joyous 12)

How dare you. It wasn't sherry, it was Dubonnet. There is a big difference so do your f*ckin research next time. laugh.gif

Anyway if anyone needs tickets in the South East London area or is likely to bump in to me or Hannah over the coming weeks, I now have tickets for sale on behalf of the promoters.

PM me if you need any or I can be called on 07887 961414.

Ta, Miles

Edited by Miles

How dare you. It wasn't sherry, it was Dubonnet. There is a big difference so do your f*ckin research next time. :thumbsup:

Anyway if anyone needs tickets in the South East London area or is likely to bump in to me or Hannah over the coming weeks, I now have tickets for sale on behalf of the promoters.

PM me if you need any or I can be called on 07887 961414.

Ta, Miles

I do apologise Miles & I've just noticed for calling Hannah your with!

I Should or will try to be at the following venues if anyone else wants to buy tickets this week/END

Soul in the city 8th,Deep Funk 10th,Maybe up north sat. Thats about as far ahead as I can think at the moment... Alternatively pop a cheque in the post to Yann or me, or just paypal the Frenchman

CHEERS ADY

Am I right to say, tha there is free london transport on tube & buses for NYE in London??

My need it for myself too, my old vespa have been stolen yesterday night...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :yes::yes:

OH NO - really sorry to hear that. :yes: That pink Vespa 152L2 I am riding in the pic was stolen too - I was gutted :angry:

This might help if anyone is looking for accomodation.......

https://web.mac.com/yannvatiste/iWeb/Va-Va-...et%20there.html

Cheers,

Joel :thumbsup:

We've booked into the rather flash and pricey Zetter as a New Years treat to ourself, but can highly recommend the Apex City of London which isn't far away at all - it's superb value for really pukka facilities, easy parking, and does the best, albeit most expensive breakfast I've ever had in the Addendum resturant.

We're really pleased to be involved with this night - think it's going to be a blinder.

Ali

This might help if anyone is looking for accomodation.......

https://web.mac.com/yannvatiste/iWeb/Va-Va-...et%20there.html

Cheers,

Joel :thumbup:

thanks :yes: , but can someone local please jot down a list of hotels very close to the venue. I'm happy to chase up prices online, but I can't find any that are close to Farrington/Barbican tubes. (oops, Ali got in quick already!)

We'd rather drive down early and chill before a stroll to the venue biggrin.gif

m

ps. spoke to Ady today and he said that tickets are selling fast. We've got 4 mates ordering quick-smart too :thumbsup:

Edited by Maria O

thanks :yes: , but can someone local please jot down a list of hotels very close to the venue. I'm happy to chase up prices online, but I can't find any that are close to Farrington/Barbican tubes. (oops, Ali got in quick already!)

We'd rather drive down early and chill before a stroll to the venue biggrin.gif

m

ps. spoke to Ady today and he said that tickets are selling fast. We've got 4 mates ordering quick-smart too :thumbsup:

Maria

The prices have rocketed because its NYE (the Apex can normally be snaffled for £60 at weekends) but why not try one of the apartment hotels if there's a group of you. Got to be a cost effective way of doing it. We use apartments when we are up in Manchester seeing the offspring and it's lovely; like borrowing somebody elses life (and cleaner) for the day :thumbup:

https://www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx?k=...t=0,0&c=100

We just fancied a treat this year because we normally stay at home and get sozzled alone.

Ali x

Edited by alison

Hi all, still some accomodation at a not too bad a price for NYE at Citadines Barbican apart' hotel EC1, just around the corner. You can book online following our 'How to get there ' link. Although if you shop around you'll probably find cheaper, or follow Ali's advise & book an apartment for a group(cheapest option). Alternatively stay up allnight & make the most of Londons NYE allnight free transport.

Anyway on with our Dj 10's..

Alan Handscombe gave up a successful career as TV commentator & former proffessional football player, to become one of London's Top Faces on the skinhead/mod scene in the 80's. He went on to found the legendary Capitol Soul Club with a fellow countryman 'Scotish Greg'.

Swinging London Pesents...Alan H!

1)Willie Williams Name It RCA

2)Elsie Strong Ask The Lonely Sound Int

3)Blenders Tales Of Sadness DJO

4)Gloria Hill Be Somebody Deep

5)The Headlines He`s Looking For Love LUAE

6)Frankie and the Damons Man From Soul DCP

7)Patti Austin He`s Good Enough For Me CORAL

8)J.B Troy Live On MUSICOR

9)Ditalians Gotta Go Trip

10)Curly Moore You Dont Mean Sansu

Already getting some booking from:

Germany, Sweden, Spain, Itlay, France & even Russia.(how weird)

Get you tickets now..they are going fast & save yourself a fiver b4 the 1st of december.

Regards

Yann V

https://web.mac.com/yannvatiste/iWeb/Va-Va-Voom/Bookings.html

Yeah!! what he said.. rolleyes.gif

After admittedly a rather slow uptake, the bookings have gone mad this last week. Which is a relief as I was starting to worry a bit(even got shingles what with combined stress of this & personal issues). :wicked: Should have listened to what everyone told me, that no one bothers booking till the last minute. Oh well about 7 weeks away & looking good.Thanks to everyone who's booked so far & congratulations on a splendid purchase!

So if you want one/some? tickets that is, book soon! Coz once they're gone they're gone..

Another top 10 to wet your appetite..

Karl Marthon, another youngster, this is the 1st time Karl's dj'd for us & really looking forward to it. Originally from Stockholm I suppose he's our overseas Dj for the night although he now resides here in London(clerkenwell) to be precise so he's now probably the most local dj to the venue.

Amongst loads of other great stuff I know he's got he's given these 10 gems for your perusal.

>Jesse Gomez - Lace - Bax

>Maxine Brown - Bella mia - Avco

>Carolyn Crawford - You move, you lose - PIR

>Stevens & Foster - I want to be love - Jerri

>Ecstacy - Squeeze - Star Charts

>Chosen Few Band - What it takes to live - Buffalo's Reflection

>Eddie Owen - Shake off that dream - Sound of Gold 12"

>YBS - I could love but one boy - Ariola America 12"

>Two Tons - I been down - Fantasy/Honey LP

>Spanky Wilson - Easy lover - 20th Century/Westbound LP

Guest Richard Bergman

Looking forward to this one, has the makings of a royal evening of fun, frolics and Russians cant wait to see them march.

Great line up of djs across the board, this is what they media have been saying :

"Va Va Voom offers elegant and relaxing surroundings in the heart of Londons famous east end , if your an alcholic why not take advatage of the well stocked continental bar. Why not relax in one of the ten steamrooms on offer or take advantage of the many sporting pursuits such as pigeon shooting and la crosse.

This really is the place of your dreams"

Judith Chalmers

The Holiday Show Sept 2006

Guest Stuart T

So if you want one/some? tickets that is, book soon! Coz once they're gone they're gone..

Could you put me down for one (possibly more) please Ady? I'll bung you the money when I see you on the weekend?

Guest vinylvixen

I know its still just under 2 months away but as we've mentioned before this is gonna be a strictly advance ticket only event of which there are only a ltd amount of tickets hence the heavy plugging. We want to advoid any tickets going out during the busy xmas post & or people being dissapointed because we've sold out. So buy them soon £15 b4 1st Dec £20 after if we've got any left. This really is gonna be a Great night & we don't want you to miss out!

Mr Nick Hackett has kindly put together his own profile to give a true perspective of his character..

, im nick,im nearly 37,am going bald and sometimes follow through when drinking guiness,i like collecting buffet carriage numbers at weston super mare and paddington railway stns whilst on a pogo stick.i spend most of my cash on hubbabubbabubblegum enjoying all flavours.I work as a part time windscreen cleaner at the junction of edgware rd and also fall down open manhole covers to pay for these 10 tunes...

1 Bettye Lavette..stand up like a man..calla

2 Little Johnnie Hamilton..oh how i love you..dore

3 Johnny Hampton..not my girl..dottys

4 Carol Anderson..taking my mind off love/im not worried..dottys

5 Jackey Beavers..bring me all your heartaches..grand land

6 Hollidays..i lost you..groove city

7.Professionals..did my baby call/thats why love you hannah..groove city

8.Tommy Ridgley..my love gets stronger..international city

9.Don Varner..tear stained face..quinvy

10.Four Voices..your love is getting stronger..voice.

Ooh, that Mr Hackett likes his Dottys.... :lol: All looks very lovely - not sure if I can make it but the play lists are a BIG incentive... :thumbsup: Jo

Hi all, still some accomodation at a not too bad a price for NYE at Citadines Barbican apart' hotel EC1, just around the corner. You can book online following our 'How to get there ' link. Although if you shop around you'll probably find cheaper, or follow Ali's advise & book an apartment for a group(cheapest option). Alternatively stay up allnight & make the most of Londons NYE allnight free transport.

Anyway on with our Dj 10's..

Alan Handscombe gave up a successful career as TV commentator & former proffessional football player, to become one of London's Top Faces on the skinhead/mod scene in the 80's. He went on to found the legendary Capitol Soul Club with a fellow countryman 'Scotish Greg'.

Swinging London Pesents...Alan H!

1)Willie Williams Name It RCA

2)Elsie Strong Ask The Lonely Sound Int

3)Blenders Tales Of Sadness DJO

4)Gloria Hill Be Somebody Deep

5)The Headlines He`s Looking For Love LUAE

6)Frankie and the Damons Man From Soul DCP

7)Patti Austin He`s Good Enough For Me CORAL

8)J.B Troy Live On MUSICOR

9)Ditalians Gotta Go Trip

10)Curly Moore You Dont Mean Sansu

Football's loss - our gain... :lol: 10 magnificent choices....Jo

Plug, Plug! whistling.gif

Thought I'd pop up another dj's plays as we were getting a bit close to the bottom.. :thumbsup:

Tony Smith a cross between Michael Caine & Mad Frankie Fraser.

With one of the best collections in London, Tony can be devestating behind the decks especially if he manages to play them in the right order..

And like Spinal Tap, Tony seems go up to 11!

1. Irma R. "Sacrifice" MGM

2. Diane Lewis "Without Your Love" Wand

3. Miracle Walkers "Love In My Soul" Scamm

4. Sonny Herman "What About Me" Utopia

5. Embracers "Gotta Get Away" Spectrum

6. Little Stanley "Out Of Sight Loving" Vance

7. Pat Lewis "No One To Love" Solid Hit

8. Talmadge Armstrong "Gigi" Spindletop

9. Tony Mathew "My Wish" Convoy

10. M.B.'s "Another Day" B-Jet

11. Keith Curtiss "Got To Keep You Baby" Smoke

Errrrr am I the only person at this knees up who's playing records (and CDs!!) less than 25 years old? Yikes whistling.gif

I thought they stopped making records in 1979 Miles!!!

Apparantly John has a CD, somewhere, but i simply will not allow him to bring it into the house (thin end of the wedge and all that) :D

Guest Johnny One Trout

>Apparantly John has a CD, somewhere

:thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

No no it's true Miles I do have one somewhere, honest!! :yes:

The only problem is that i've had it for four years or so now but every time i put it on the decks the damn needle slides straight off it whistling.gif

JoT

BTW Good result yesterday eh? Always knew that Corradi would come good :P:lol:

Well, let's carry on with our Dj's Top Ten:

Coming from Tokyo Japan,

Mr David Flynn Top Ten

(be carefull about the excess baggage as acetates are quiet heavy) thumbsup.gif

https://www.anorakscorner.com/Key.html

O1 JACKIE FOLLETT - POWDER FOR MY NOSE - COVER UP

O2 CHARLES RAY - GO ON HOME - ASSOCIATED ACETATE

O3 INTERPRETERS - GIVE ME LIFE - ELVITRUE

O4 ANTOINETTS - RONNY BOY - KAREN

O5 SAMMY AMBROSE - TALKIN' 'BOUT WOMEN - COVER UP

O6 RODD KEITH - SHE LOVES LIKE CRAZY - PREVIEW

O7 MONIQUE - NEVER EVER LEAVE ME - SHELDON ACETATE

O8 LITTLE WILLIE FAULK - LOOK INTO MY HEART - M&H

O9 OTIS BLACKWELL - EXTRA ADDED ATTRACTION - AUDIODISC ACETATE

O10 DOTTIE CAMBRIDGE - IT SHOWS ALL OVER YOUR FACE - MUSIC CITY ACETATE

David Flynn's Top Ten Tokyo Tunes

Nice heine??

Guest Stuart T

https://www.anorakscorner.com/Key.html

O1 JACKIE FOLLETT - POWDER FOR MY NOSE - COVER UP

O2 CHARLES RAY - GO ON HOME - ASSOCIATED ACETATE

O3 INTERPRETERS - GIVE ME LIFE - ELVITRUE

O4 ANTOINETTS - RONNY BOY - KAREN

O5 SAMMY AMBROSE - TALKIN' 'BOUT WOMEN - COVER UP

O6 RODD KEITH - SHE LOVES LIKE CRAZY - PREVIEW

O7 MONIQUE - NEVER EVER LEAVE ME - SHELDON ACETATE

O8 LITTLE WILLIE FAULK - LOOK INTO MY HEART - M&H

O9 OTIS BLACKWELL - EXTRA ADDED ATTRACTION - AUDIODISC ACETATE

O10 DOTTIE CAMBRIDGE - IT SHOWS ALL OVER YOUR FACE - MUSIC CITY ACETATE

Looking forward to Frynn entertaining us again, its been too long. I never normally go out at New Year but this time I'll make an exception :yes:

Just listening in to your podcast Yann great stuff, any chance of a listing? that first track is brill :(

I've been order from Mr Lupton to wait a bit....Com'on nothing is that rare on this short selection, it will take only 30's second to any collector to name them all... :unsure:

^_^

Yann

"I'm Pretending" Priscilla Page-Topper

correct 101 or 101m

that is the question

Yann (topper lover)

Just a reminder you've got 10 days to save yourself £5 or more if you're thinking of booking some group tickets. As we've mentioned before it's £20 after 1st December. So unless you've got something better to do than be at one of the Best New Years Eve Party's ever in a really classy, plush venue with great music & friends in the Heart of the Capital, i suggest you put your pen to your chequebooks/fingers on your keyboard or arrange to see yann,miles or myself at a venue near you soon!!

I'll be playing at Keep The Faith,The Big Chill House,Kings Cross 9-4am this fri 24th (free admission).

And back to my lovely kent Sat 25th catching up with old friends at Stolen Hours, Ramsgate,(I think?better check)Kent, where i'll have tickets for sale.

Yann's playing in Germany & not sure where Miles is so with that in mind maybe best to use the more conventional methods of payment..Doh!

Cheers ady

Thanks Tony, dont think i've herd it befor, but knew Priscilla Page did a record on topper if that makes sense biggrin.gif

Forget about 'I'm pretending', the flip is the one of the funniest tunes I've heard in a long while, Priscilla Page and Pepe the Poodle - 'Throw the poor dog a bone' with a dog barking constantly throughout the record. laugh.gif

Just a reminder you've got 10 days to save yourself £5 or more if you're thinking of booking some group tickets. As we've mentioned before it's £20 after 1st December.

Ady, I've been slack getting a cheque to you for our mates.

So Yann - can you please take 4 tickets to Frankfurt, so that Karen & Pete can play 'snatch and pay' :shhh: .

I've booked a nice 4-star hotel for NYE, coz I struggle with too much rough at bedtime :lol:

...and it was a relative cheapie :lol: (off Ali's list)

m

Source Advert