Remembering Otis Redding

Kesalocasoul

How will you be remembering Otis who was killed on Sunday 10 December 1967, aged just 26, fifty years ago today?  I'll be playing nothing but Otis today, including my two favourites from the posthumously released Immortal album, "I've Got Dreams To Remember" and "Think About It".

Were/are any of Otis' tracks played on the Northern scene?

Kevin

• Thanks 1
Social source share

here's a link to an article about that last weekend

'David Spero remembers 50 years ago this weekend in particular, for the musician stopping by was a familiar one to Upbeat viewers, fast-rising star Otis Redding'

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/remembering-otis-redding-s-final-days-in-cleveland-on-the-50th-anniversary-of-his-death

also member Stuart Cosgrove recently tweeted this poster

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, geeselad said:

look at the girl, has been played in the past, been told it was a wheel tune?

I've played his version of "papas got a....". Boston monkey, off the unreleased album is a passable dance track.

There's another great dance track by him that I can't remember?

Great dancer.

Edited by cementman
Social source share

Thank you for your responses.  I shall conclude my Otis marathon later today, by playing the Northern tracks mentioned.

For those that were unable to attend or afford the £1 or 17s 6d (87.5p?) for the Stax concert, I attach a revue from Home of the Blues - the forerunner of Blues and Soul - number 10 (June 1967) for the two London shows at the start and end of the tour.  

5a2e6e4888c6a_StaxRevue1967.thumb.jpg.81de210093a81a523acd39917afdd898.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!