Terence Tren't Darby

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Ok maybe you think this is a joke but i like this artist who to me is very soul and wondered how nice it would be if 1 or 2 of his songs was played on the modern scene if not already.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...I was dragged kicking and screaming to see TTD live during his brief heyday, and I have to say that he was considerably better than I expected him to be - miles better, in fact. He wouldn't make my top 10 soul acts, or even my top 1000, but if he'd been able to capture even a bit of what i saw live on his records, I'm sure that he'd be thought of a bit more kindly than he generally is...

TONE

Social source share

Ok maybe you think this is a joke but i like this artist who to me is very soul and wondered how nice it would be if 1 or 2 of his songs was played on the modern scene if not already.

Dunno about the Modern scene but i quite like a few of the tracks on the first album, t'aint bad imo.

Simon

Social source share

I've actually got probably the rarest TTB record in the world. Sony pressed up 10 test copies of the picture disc version of his album, they decided against the picture and went with the design that got in the shops, the test pressings were given away to staff, mate of mine worked there and thought I might like it for some reason. I didn't, but I kept it.

p.s. I love the way there is a random apostrophe in the word TRENT in this header

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Shouldn't this be in freebasing room....this section is called " All About Soul".....

Be careful rbman - I was roundly lambasted by certain members last year for suggesting a topic about CHRISTINA bloody AGUILERA be moved there for the same reason... :lol:

Re. TTD. Anyone who calls his album "The Gospel According to..." had better be very special. He wasn't.

Edited by sweeney
Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

Hardline not gospel wasn't it? or maybe there was another one from the one i remember

Also played JAckie Wilson in a TV series.

now goes under a different name i think

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yes, it's Terence Tren't Darby according to the topic title :lol:

TONE

(Sorry, Paul, couldn't resist...)

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest soul_hull

i remember a track by hothouse flowers, about the same time as TTD, irish band, real soul-packed feel to the song - 'don't go' i think it was called. at best, though a decent song, it was merely soul flavoured. TTD, the few of his songs i do know, are soul flavoured too - though i kinda liked his first one, 'if you let me stay'.

should no more be played at a soul night than the hothouse flowers one though. wouldn't say he was shyte or anything - but S.O.U.L? Not in my opinion.

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

ps - i'm sure the apostrophe was in d'arby (sp), not tren't.

pps - whoever said this should be in the freebasing room <<<<<<< what he said.

Social source share

I've actually got probably the rarest TTB record in the world. Sony pressed up 10 test copies of the picture disc version of his album, they decided against the picture and went with the design that got in the shops, the test pressings were given away to staff, mate of mine worked there and thought I might like it for some reason. I didn't, but I kept it.

p.s. I love the way there is a random apostrophe in the word TRENT in this header

Pete. Why not send the disc to Paul and give it a good home. At least he'd play it. :rolleyes:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

If memory serves, they were twin brothers.

Terence Tren't Darby and Terence Trent D'arby went on to become Milli Vanilli.

They apparently still live in Nottingham, near the Trent last I heard.

They're also still gigging, managed by their Dad, T'erry Trent Derby.

He sells ice cream by day. His favourite is Vanilla.

Social source share

If memory serves, they were twin brothers.

Terence Tren't Darby and Terence Trent D'arby went on to become Milli Vanilli.

They apparently still live in Nottingham, near the Trent last I heard.

They're also still gigging, managed by their Dad, T'erry Trent Derby.

He sells ice cream by day. His favourite is Vanilla.

Ah I thought so,Elvis mentioned him and his bro' down the local chippy :rolleyes: only the other night

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert