JMAuction - 17/06/2020 - Results

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Bought Ujima for a quid, as we all did!

Thought I'd done well selling to a Japanese collector for a ton about ten years ago.

This cannot be rare at all...

Hype and popularity does sell though.

Ed

A ton was super cheap even ten years ago. Agree the price achieved at JM’s auction was high, but it’s not THAT common a 45, and as you say it’s well known and popular.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

"Call Me"  Eddie Bishop,      Sold for £177 !

3 issues currently on Discogs at an average price of £356, this means after commision, shipping. seller will get less than half market  price ?? also a white demo on discogs at £1,400. Nothing current on popsike or ebay.

Does this reflect a downward interest ,currently in Instrumentals?

Social source share

2 minutes ago, John Hart said:

3 issues currently on Discogs at an average price of £356, this means after commision, shipping. seller will get less than half market  price ?? also a white demo on discogs at £1,400. Nothing current on popsike or ebay.

Or unrealistic Discogs sellers, particularly that demo.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

"Unrealistic Discogs Sellers" ,Rod ? Got to agree ! Kent Town uk issue from 85, 3 copies from £75to £185 ,now appearing on Discogs!

To You Rick the vocal { It is rather good, very similar arrangement to Eddies instro} and loads from a very" Realistic" 64  Centimes , on the Ogs! Me, I just need a decent play out copy, next move S.S Record Wants .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 19/06/2020 at 12:03, John Hart said:

They are still sat there unsold so not really market price. I bet all three are UK sellers. 

Social source share

On 19/06/2020 at 12:06, Modernsoulsucks said:

Or unrealistic Discogs sellers, particularly that demo.

I sold a mint issue to Pat Brady for £100 several years ago, thought that was good, and can’t say I heard it played out anywhere in the last ten years apart from a Xmas party and that was someone playing the Kent 45!

Social source share

3 hours ago, Tony Smith said:

I sold a mint issue to Pat Brady for £100 several years ago, thought that was good, and can’t say I heard it played out anywhere in the last ten years apart from a Xmas party and that was someone playing the Kent 45!

It does have the right tempo for the Lambeth Walk or whatever you do down there when you've run out of Chaz and Dave 45s to play.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Hi Zanetti ,

Wise words Gracias   ,,,,,,          Just thinking no more posts from me , thanks to abuse from Dave and Pete ,Tony Smith etc . Carl  White  you are correct 3 dealers at £350 are all Uk ,  White  Demo at £1400 is USA ,Donald ?

I like " Yakety Sax " At Any Speed Ditto " Take A Letter Maria " Boots Randolph ,also very partial to a bit of Ray Cohen And Derek Smith.  Where are the moderators when you need them ,personal taste etc, etc. LOL John . Malaga ,Spain.

Social source share

36 minutes ago, John Hart said:

Hi Zanetti ,

Wise words Gracias   ,,,,,,          Just thinking no more posts from me , thanks to abuse from Dave and Pete ,Tony Smith etc . Carl  White  you are correct 3 dealers at £350 are all Uk ,  White  Demo at £1400 is USA ,Donald ?

I like " Yakety Sax " At Any Speed Ditto " Take A Letter Maria " Boots Randolph ,also very partial to a bit of Ray Cohen And Derek Smith.  Where are the moderators when you need them ,personal taste etc, etc. LOL John . Malaga ,Spain.

best if use the 'flag this post' feature if you wish to make the site aware of concerns

thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!